ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 06-08-2021, 09:05 AM   #1
cowboysooner
Starter

Default Softball Questions

Love watching OU girls softball. Got hooked in 2013, and watched since then.

However, I don't follow and don't even know how to follow OU recruiting in softball. Other than the kids that regularly play, I don't know anything about the other kids on the roster.

For those in the know, who is on the team or coming in that will likely replace Johns and Snow on the corners, Mende in right field and Saile and G. Do we have those replacements on the current roster in the dugout, or are we going to have to bring kids in.

If you know anything about the likely replacements, maybe you could give us a take on what you think they will bring to the lineup. Maybe tell us a little about them and their strengths.

Also, if we have any hotshots coming in maybe you could let us know about them. Thanks.
cowboysooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 09:25 AM   #2
skyvue
Final Four

Default Re: Softball Questions

Johns and Snow can play another year, thanks to the extra year of eligibility due to Covid. I don't know if they both intend to, but they can.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Here is a short SoonerSports bio on the 2021 recruiting class of 7 signees. Definitely have on paper a pitcher Jordyn Bahl, 3 infielders Quincee Lilio, Alexx Waitman and Sophia Nugent, 2 outfielder Turiya Coleman and Hannah Coor that could have very productive freshmen years. Also signed Emmy Guthrie RHP from Lone Grove, OK that is not quite as highly rated as the others. Doubtful as productive as Tiare Jennings, Jayda Coleman and Nicole May in 2021 but they definitely could be.

https://soonersports.com/news/2020/1...0to%20Oklahoma.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:35 AM   #4
mikeareese
Role Player

OU needs a good pitcher. Will Juarez be gone? I do think Juarez will start game 2 and OU will win. Sallie for game 3. Any trouble at all. Then Juarez back in to pitch.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:49 AM   #5
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
OU needs a good pitcher. Will Juarez be gone? I do think Juarez will start game 2 and OU will win. Sallie for game 3. Any trouble at all. Then Juarez back in to pitch.

Juarez, Saile and Mendes are 5th year seniors and gone. Johns & Snow are seniors but have the option for the pandemic 5th year. Who know at this time what they will choose to do.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #6
TheMont
Role Player

The only seniors who were acknowledged for senior day ceremonies were the 5th-year seniors -- Mendes, G, and Saile, leading me to believe that the other 4-year seniors will use their additional year of eligibility (since they only played a small portion of their "junior" year in 2020). Alo has already confirmed that she will definitely be back.
TheMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #7
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Is it just me, or are the transfer hitters (Snow and Johns) the weakest part of our batting lineup? All of the hype that's been put out there about our lineup 1-9 being tough, but I feel like those two are mediocre hitters, i'm sure their averages beg to differ, but that's just what i've observed thus far this season.

I don't expect to see all of the errors tonight, and I think our players will be less nervous and more relaxed. If you look at the FSU team compared to ours, they were the much more relaxed team last night (I know they have more experience). I think Alo and Jennings need to stop forcing and trying to get out and just hit down and hard to get on base, like FSU has been doing.

I see us winning a close game tonight, forcing a game 3. Fingers crossed! Boomer Sooner!!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:01 AM   #8
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Among starters/part-time starters Johns has the 10th highest BA .398, #5 in HRs 12 and #7 in rbis 40. Snow is #9 in BA .333, #11 in HRs 3 and # 10 in rbis 37.

https://stats.ncaa.org/team/522/stats/15620
Old 06-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #9
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Hey, Ho!
Let’s go.

Another Natty is on the horizon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:50 PM   #10
OUDallas66
Walk-on

5-1, OU ahead in the bottom of the 5th, we are the home team today.
OUDallas66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:21 PM   #11
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

It is complete!!! OU NATIONAL SOFTBALL CHAMPS 2020-21!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #12
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

WHAT A GAME!!! WHAT A SERIES!!! WHAT A SEASON!!!

Three Natty's in the last five seasons has a nice ring, doesn’t it?

So proud of this team!!!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #13
OUDallas66
Walk-on

Patty Gasso is a great person and a great coach! 5 Natty’s !!!
OUDallas66 is online now   Reply With Quote