ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2021, 12:49 PM   #1
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,130
Default OSU is loaded....

This team is insanely deep. Cissa has a 7'3'' wingspan.

Walker was a 4 star, Avery Anderson was a 4 star, Thompson was a 5 star, Cisse was a 5 star... Boone was a 4 star... It's a well put together team with a lot of talent.

OSU will be a force this year in the league. They have all the pieces to compete.

PG: Bryce Thompson (Transfer from Kansas)
SG: Avery Anderson
SG: Rondel Walker
PF: Kalib Boone
C: Moussa Cisse (6'11'' 220 - Transfer from Memphis)

Bench:
Keylan Boone
Bryce Williams (transfer from Ole Miss)
Moncrieffe
Ice Likekle
Kouma
Tyreek Smith (transfer from Texas Tech)
Woody Newton (transfer from Syracuse)
__________________
Porter Moser[list][*]Coolest name in college basketball
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:24 PM   #2
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,604
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Here we go. Memphis kid avg 6 at Memphis!

Everyone is better than us talk.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #3
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,868
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

6th place in the big 12 loaded.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 03:04 PM   #4
mict085
All-Conference
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,155
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Donít we go through this every year, yet every year osu is mediocre or below.

Good grief.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 03:41 PM   #5
Sooner04
All-Conference
 
Sooner04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,172
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Well, they have won three straight against us. I sure would like to have the Boone twins. That Likely kid (sp) needs to be a better player before he starts calling himself "Ice".
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:48 PM   #6
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,523
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Mehhh
__________________
Same ol same ol
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 09:19 PM   #7
TINY
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,402
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

This is an annual tradition for abd but I can actually see it this time. They have some nice talent.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:03 PM   #8
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,698
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Tech is loaded now..or they recovered well after Beard and several players left

Texas is loaded

Kansas, you know, loaded

Baylor. West Virginia. Both are going to be good.

Oklahoma State, I see an average team. Anderson is good. To me, it comes down to the growth of Bryce Thompson and Rondel Walker. They’ll need to pair with Anderson to make up for the loss of Cade. Most of the others don’t scare me.

Last edited by NAIA All-Star; 07-16-2021 at 10:15 PM.
NAIA All-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 10:18 PM   #9
WichitaSooner
All-American
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,681
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
This team is insanely deep. Cissa has a 7'3'' wingspan.

Walker was a 4 star, Avery Anderson was a 4 star, Thompson was a 5 star, Cisse was a 5 star... Boone was a 4 star... It's a well put together team with a lot of talent.

OSU will be a force this year in the league. They have all the pieces to compete.

PG: Bryce Thompson (Transfer from Kansas)
SG: Avery Anderson
SG: Rondel Walker
PF: Kalib Boone
C: Moussa Cisse (6'11'' 220 - Transfer from Memphis)

Bench:
Keylan Boone
Bryce Williams (transfer from Ole Miss)
Moncrieffe
Ice Likekle
Kouma
Tyreek Smith (transfer from Texas Tech)
Woody Newton (transfer from Syracuse)
But will they have a better season than Georgetown?
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #10
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,358
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

BT at pg???? Lol
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:44 AM   #11
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,288
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
BT at pg???? Lol
Itís why he left KU. If they donít let him heíll probably transfer again.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 09:55 AM   #12
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,698
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

I doubt they start Bryce at PG. Likekele is an assist machine and an upperclassman. Bryce would struggle there.
NAIA All-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:00 AM   #13
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,698
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Projected lineup from Rothstein

27. Oklahoma State

Projected Starting 5:
G Isaac Likekele
G Avery Anderson
G Rondel Walker
F Matthew-Alexander Moncrieffe
C Kalib Boone

Projected Bench: Keylan Boone, Moussa Cisse, Bernard Kouma, Montreal Pena Jr., Donovan Williams, Chris Harris Jr., Woody Newton, Bryce Thompson, Tyreek Smith, Bryce Williams

Newcomers: Woody Newton (Syracuse), Bryce Thompson (Kansas), Tyreek Smith (Texas Tech), Moussa Cisse (Memphis)

Losses: Cade Cunningham, Ferron Flavors
NAIA All-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:02 AM   #14
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,288
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
I doubt they start Bryce at PG. Likekele is an assist machine and an upperclassman. Bryce would struggle there.
I think Likekele will start there, but theyíll have to let BT play pg quite a bit & have the ball in his hands a lot. If not, heíll probably transfer again. Seems like a similar situation OU had with Harmon, what he wants isnít whatís best for him or the team.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:09 AM   #15
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,698
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
I think Likekele will start there, but theyíll have to let BT play pg quite a bit & have the ball in his hands a lot. If not, heíll probably transfer again. Seems like a similar situation OU had with Harmon, what he wants isnít whatís best for him or the team.
You're likely right, Bryce wants to be featured, but how do you sit Walker, Anderson, or Likekele? My guess is they'll have to split minutes between Likekele, Walker, and Thompson pretty evenly (unless one separates themselves and/or injury reasons). Good luck convincing one of them to be the 6th man.

They definitely have some good guards/wings and they will cause a lot of havoc for opposing teams, but their bigs aren't that impressive. We'll see on Cisse.
NAIA All-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #16
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,868
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
You're likely right, Bryce wants to be featured, but how do you sit Walker, Anderson, or Likekele? My guess is they'll have to split minutes between Likekele, Walker, and Thompson pretty evenly (unless one separates themselves and/or injury reasons). Good luck convincing one of them to be the 6th man.

They definitely have some good guards/wings and they will cause a lot of havoc for opposing teams, but their bigs aren't that impressive. We'll see on Cisse.
I think heís capable but lots of questions on whether Bryce can lead as the featured guard.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:23 AM   #17
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,288
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
You're likely right, Bryce wants to be featured, but how do you sit Walker, Anderson, or Likekele? My guess is they'll have to split minutes between Likekele, Walker, and Thompson pretty evenly (unless one separates themselves and/or injury reasons). Good luck convincing one of them to be the 6th man.

They definitely have some good guards/wings and they will cause a lot of havoc for opposing teams, but their bigs aren't that impressive. We'll see on Cisse.
I think Walker comes off the bench. Honestly I think Moncrieffe is the guy that will be hard to keep on the bench. I could see Boone or Cisse come off the bench & Moncrieffe at the 4.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:00 AM   #18
sdcloud9
Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,406
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

OSU is a talented team. Can they make the pieces fit with Bryce instead of Cade? It'll be interesting to see who Boynton makes it fit together.
sdcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #19
WichitaSooner
All-American
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,681
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Texas just landed Marcus Carr from the portal, plus a highly ranked high school kid. They are killing it in the portal. Man I wish Shaka was still there.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:38 AM   #20
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,868
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Texas just landed Marcus Carr from the portal, plus a highly ranked high school kid. They are killing it in the portal. Man I wish Shaka was still there.
Beard will screw it up. Just need to give him some time.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #21
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,698
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
I think Walker comes off the bench. Honestly I think Moncrieffe is the guy that will be hard to keep on the bench. I could see Boone or Cisse come off the bench & Moncrieffe at the 4.
I think you pencil in Moncrieffe at the 4. Do they reward Boone as the starter at 5 since he's been there or will Cisse take that spot from him? That's what practice is for, I guess. Moncrieffe is too good to not start. JMO.

Their bigs are good, and are going to be tough for OU's undersized guys, but, again, they don't scare me as much as their guard play. I hate to bag on him, but especially since Manek is gone. They new guys are going to go after rebounds more fervently.
NAIA All-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #22
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,698
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Texas just landed Marcus Carr from the portal, plus a highly ranked high school kid. They are killing it in the portal. Man I wish Shaka was still there.
Just unfair at this point.

I wonder what OU will do with the perceived open scholarship. I was excited about Marv, but now want someone else. That's probably a bad thing to say, but oh well.

Besides Shackelford, I doubt there's much left though.
NAIA All-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 12:48 PM   #23
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,288
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
I think you pencil in Moncrieffe at the 4. Do they reward Boone as the starter at 5 since he's been there or will Cisse take that spot from him? That's what practice is for, I guess. Moncrieffe is too good to not start. JMO.

Their bigs are good, and are going to be tough for OU's undersized guys, but, again, they don't scare me as much as their guard play. I hate to bag on him, but especially since Manek is gone. They new guys are going to go after rebounds more fervently.
Agreed on the top part.

Iím interested to see how their guards do when they donít have the best player who demands all the attention & also happened to be unselfish.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:33 PM   #24
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,868
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
Just unfair at this point.

I wonder what OU will do with the perceived open scholarship. I was excited about Marv, but now want someone else. That's probably a bad thing to say, but oh well.

Besides Shackelford, I doubt there's much left though.
Donít get me wrong. I would have taken Carr in a heartbeat. But heís a career 39% shooter. Shot 32% from three last year Ö and hasnít played for a winner in three years as a lead guard. Scored 19 per game and was only third team all conference.

Heíll be really good. I donít know that he puts UT over the top. Heard some people saying they would rank them #1 in the preseason.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 04:55 PM   #25
red recluse
Starter
 
red recluse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,499
Default Re: OSU is loaded....

texas, damn. that escalated quicker than i expected.
red recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com