ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2021, 08:45 AM   #26
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,278
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
OU hasnt offered yet. ou didnt want him to enroll a year early.
Interesting. So you're saying OU never offered last year? Or was it contingent on him signing this cycle?
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:47 AM   #27
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,530
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
Interesting. So you're saying OU never offered last year? Or was it contingent on him signing this cycle?
Saying ou wanted him in the 2021 class. (kruger staff)

This staff has not offered Jaxon as of yesterday morning. there is mutual interest but still evaluating (waiting on BT is my guess)
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:07 AM   #28
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,488
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Saying ou wanted him in the 2021 class. (kruger staff)

This staff has not offered Jaxon as of yesterday morning. there is mutual interest but still evaluating (waiting on BT is my guess)
I want both BT and robinson. Always love to establish a pattern and practice of getting the best oklahoma kids
__________________
Same ol same ol
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #29
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,530
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
I want both BT and robinson. Always love to establish a pattern and practice of getting the best oklahoma kids
I tend to agree. but we need another 4/5 man. In all other years I agree 1000%
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #30
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,488
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Jaxon wants to play with Bijan again. He wants to be at Oklahoma.
Get em asap. A hungry player that is begging to be back at the home school is a great recipe IMO
__________________
Same ol same ol
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:11 AM   #31
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,488
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
I tend to agree. but we need another 4/5 man. In all other years I agree 1000%
Fair enough. I'm guard biased tho generally and really devalue the bigs as a result still from how less unimportant they were under kruger (might take some time for me to adjust back ha)
__________________
Same ol same ol
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:39 AM   #32
Price is Right
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 338
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Man I love BT but I don't like waiting if we have Robinson who WANTS to be a sooner. If a former top recruit wants us I want him back!!
Price is Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:44 AM   #33
mict085
All-Conference
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,134
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Do we know who BT is considering? Is it OU vs osu?
mict085 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:47 AM   #34
inoref
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,807
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
Do we know who BT is considering? Is it OU vs osu?
I thought it was a slam dunk he heading to Tulsa?
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #35
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,530
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price is Right View Post
Man I love BT but I don't like waiting if we have Robinson who WANTS to be a sooner. If a former top recruit wants us I want him back!!
Robinson isnt as good as his top 60 rankings suggest. but he should be graduating hs next month. not a year ago.

Bryce can be a difference maker.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:04 AM   #36
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,823
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Robinson isnt as good as his top 60 rankings suggest. but he should be graduating hs next month. not a year ago.

Bryce can be a difference maker.
Agreed. Robinson's ceiling is as a 3 and D shooter and probably wouldn't be a regularly consistent contributor until his 3rd/4th years in college. Needs another year of weight room, athletic training, and skill work.

Bryce Thompson's ceiling is whatever he wants it to be.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #37
NYC-Fool
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 253
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Some sites are suggesting Krutwig is still a possibility... any truth to this?
NYC-Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:18 AM   #38
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 15,414
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
Get em asap. A hungry player that is begging to be back at the home school is a great recipe IMO
Agreed. I subscribe to the idea that “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.”

BT was bound and determined to play for a blue blood when he was OU’s #1 target coming out of high school. I know he’s a good player, but he didn’t exactly set the college basketball world on fire at his school of choice. And, it’s not like he didn’t get a chance to prove himself while averaging 17 minutes and shooting 35% from the field in 20 games last season.

I agree Thompson is a good player. But I’m not so sure he’s worth potentially passing on a player like Robinson while we wait for him to make a decision.
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:50 AM   #39
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,530
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Agreed. I subscribe to the idea that “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.”

BT was bound and determined to play for a blue blood when he was OU’s #1 target coming out of high school. I know he’s a good player, but he didn’t exactly set the college basketball world on fire at his school of choice. And, it’s not like he didn’t get a chance to prove himself while averaging 17 minutes and shooting 35% from the field in 20 games last season.

I agree Thompson is a good player. But I’m not so sure he’s worth potentially passing on a player like Robinson while we wait for him to make a decision.
im not sold on Jaxon. Been awhile since Ive even thought about him. He's not a moser type kid unless he can kind some real toughness.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:57 AM   #40
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,823
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
im not sold on Jaxon. Been awhile since Ive even thought about him. He's not a moser type kid unless he can kind some real toughness.
Yeah, I feel the same. He's so much like O'Garro in size, position, etc. that I worry about using two ships on them. Almost would rather save it and hope we have a good enough year to pick up a better guard coming out of high school next year.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:16 PM   #41
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 15,414
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
im not sold on Jaxon. Been awhile since Ive even thought about him. He's not a moser type kid unless he can kind some real toughness.
I’m not sold on Jackson either. If you’ll recall, my support for him cooled when Trey Alexander showed him up in a head to head meeting their senior season. You said he was a plan B, which seems to suggest he might have improved since then. If not, why is he on our recruiting list? ABD’s juco recruit may be the way to go. If Loyola is in his top three, I’m sure Moser is familiar with him.
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #42
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,530
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
I’m not sold on Jackson either. If you’ll recall, my support for him cooled when Trey Alexander showed him up in a head to head meeting their senior season. You said he was a plan B, which seems to suggest he might have improved since then. If not, why is he on our recruiting list? ABD’s juco recruit may be the way to go. If Loyola is in his top three, I’m sure Moser is familiar with him.
Ive said there is no offer. He wants OU offer. Not saying its not coming but the staff is evaluating these guys. not just former rankings... actual film.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:23 PM   #43
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 15,414
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Ive said there is no offer. He wants OU offer. Not saying its not coming but the staff is evaluating these guys. not just former rankings... actual film.
Got it. Makes sense now.
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #44
JBaker
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,158
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
I tend to agree. but we need another 4/5 man. In all other years I agree 1000%
Any chance we can take them both and cut loose Garang or Issanza? Will O’Garro ever play here?
JBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:33 PM   #45
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,530
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaker View Post
Any chance we can take them both and cut loose Garang or Issanza? Will O’Garro ever play here?
garang is gone.

rick still here.

Ogarro. No idea. I liked him. Im sure he improved from last year.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #46
JBaker
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,158
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
garang is gone.

rick still here.

Ogarro. No idea. I liked him. Im sure he improved from last year.
Ahh, missed the Garang news amongst the other 75% of the team entering the portal.
JBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:40 PM   #47
Dr Sleep
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 396
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

I want Jaxson. He played D1 competition for basically his senior year in high school.
__________________
Dr Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:42 PM   #48
globecode
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 212
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Saying ou wanted him in the 2021 class. (kruger staff)

This staff has not offered Jaxon as of yesterday morning. there is mutual interest but still evaluating (waiting on BT is my guess)
Interesting that OU took O’Garro early but not Robinson. I assume O’Garro’s upside was significantly higher at the time??
globecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:53 PM   #49
Sooner04
All-Conference
 
Sooner04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,148
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaker View Post
Any chance we can take them both and cut loose Garang or Issanza?
THAT is the dream.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:17 PM   #50
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,823
Default Re: Let's Dream for a Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by globecode View Post
Interesting that OU took O’Garro early but not Robinson. I assume O’Garro’s upside was significantly higher at the time??
O'Garro is a plus athlete and finisher and has some defensive potential once he builds some strength. Robinson was a plus shooter in high school but not an overwhelming athlete or defender.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com