ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 07-16-2021, 04:19 AM   #26
WaymanFan
Administrator

Default Re: National Title Odds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkranger View Post
6 points
6 rebounds
32% from the line

He’s a good defender, but he’s got a LONG way to go on the offensive end.
Good info. I thought his stats were better since it came across the ESPN ticker. He was still named the conference freshman of the year...said he wanted to go to OSU because of how great a job the coaches did with Cunningham. Since he was the #24 overall player in the 2020 class, I just hope this trend for them doesn't continue.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #27
skyvue
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaymanFan View Post
OSU’s odds just got a lot better with their major transfer news as Memphis center (former 5-star recruit) Moussa Cisse is transferring there. Based on what he said, OSU only got him because of Cunningham. That’s why OU has to leverage guys like Trae Young. Getting a star should lead to getting more of them. It certainly worked for OSU.
I'm all for Trae, Buddy and Blake playing whatever role in our recruiting that they're allowed to, but it sounds as though this young man was sold on the notion that it was oswho's coaching staff who elevated Cunningham's game (not a sales pitch I'd be inclined to buy, but then I'm not the recruit). If that's the case, OU won't be able to make a similar pitch unless and until a recruit or transfer blows up under Coach Moser's tutelage.
Old 07-16-2021, 10:39 AM   #28
MJSooner
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I'm all for Trae, Buddy and Blake playing whatever role in our recruiting that they're allowed to, but it sounds as though this young man was sold on the notion that it was oswho's coaching staff who elevated Cunningham's game (not a sales pitch I'd be inclined to buy, but then I'm not the recruit). If that's the case, OU won't be able to make a similar pitch unless and until a recruit or transfer blows up under Coach Moser's tutelage.
Agreed with both points.

Prior to Cunningham signing and then stepping on the court, Boynton was on the hot seat if he didn't produce. In his 3 years, no NCAA tourney, no finish higher than 6th in conference, overall Big XII record of 20-34, barely over .500 overall, and a losing record to OU. Plus, from the standpoint of player development, no postseason award winners or All-Conference in his previous three seasons prior to Cunningham. So does that sound like Boynton or Cunningham is responsible for his success?

But on the same side, nothing to hang the hat on yet for Moser. Previous successes at OU were obviously before his time, and he has nothing to show for putting players in the NBA at his previous stops. The next two years could be big for him as he has some talent and is talking to some guys that could make the NBA.
MJSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #29
Eielson
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Cade was the first pick before the season, and now he's only the probable first pick, so he actually dipped a little.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote