ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 06-16-2021, 11:12 AM   #1
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,380
Default Marvin Johnson official!

BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:34 AM   #2
Darwin
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cleveland county
Posts: 1,163
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Welcome Marvin, Boomer Sooner!
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,872
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Really excited to see what he can do. If he can go at this level consistently, we'll have a damn good team with depth beyond anything we've had in my memory.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #4
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,705
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

According to a poster on 247, Marvin got arrested. DUI/poss. of marijuana
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:37 PM   #5
Sooner04
All-Conference
 
Sooner04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,175
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
According to a poster on 247, Marvin got arrested. DUI/poss. of marijuana
It will be a constant battle with Marvin as long as he's on the squad.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 07:54 PM   #6
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,610
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
It will be a constant battle with Marvin as long as he's on the squad.
Needs to stay away from “friends” and state of Oklahoma.
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:31 PM   #7
mict085
All-Conference
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,155
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Needs to stay away from “friends” and state of Oklahoma.
Hard to stay away from Oklahoma when he plays for OU.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 08:41 PM   #8
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,323
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Of course everybody deserves a second chance but if he is prone to dumbassery bait may need to be cut. Don't need a culture/chemistry leak..
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:45 PM   #9
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,610
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
Hard to stay away from Oklahoma when he plays for OU.
Agree. being "home" is not good for some kids.

Hate it.
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:50 AM   #10
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,380
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

DUI is a really bad look
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:01 AM   #11
MJSooner
Role Player
 
MJSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 726
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
DUI is a really bad look
I agree if it is a DUI that most of us think of when hearing the term, and in no way defending any behavior, but let's wait to hear the details before we determine the severity or stupidity of his actions. For anyone that has lived on ANY college campus, let alone OUPD and NPD, he could have been sitting in his car drinking and had a joint in his pocket, resulting in a DUI and possession charges.

You would think a college athlete on scholarship would be more cognizant of his actions and consequences, but it happens all the time everywhere, including one of our football players a week or two ago. What IS troubling in this case is the fact he just transferred in and has now got a huge mark on his record and reputation with the law, Moser, the administration, and the fanbase.

Sometimes kids get in more trouble when they come home than when they're away.
MJSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:08 AM   #12
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,380
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSooner View Post
I agree if it is a DUI that most of us think of when hearing the term, and in no way defending any behavior, but let's wait to hear the details before we determine the severity or stupidity of his actions. For anyone that has lived on ANY college campus, let alone OUPD and NPD, he could have been sitting in his car drinking and had a joint in his pocket, resulting in a DUI and possession charges.

You would think a college athlete on scholarship would be more cognizant of his actions and consequences, but it happens all the time everywhere, including one of our football players a week or two ago. What IS troubling in this case is the fact he just transferred in and has now got a huge mark on his record and reputation with the law, Moser, the administration, and the fanbase.

Sometimes kids get in more trouble when they come home than when they're away.
without question this is correct ...


we also don't even know if it was a legal stop ....


when i was at OU (clearly a long time ago) driving late at night was a pretty common reason to be stopped on or near campus ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:13 AM   #13
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,024
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post


we also don't even know if it was a legal stop ....

lol
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:17 AM   #14
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,380
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
lol
i mean there is a very very good chance that it was a legal stop ...



but i think i was pulled over in college 10 times after 1am .. .. always was asked if I "had been drinking" and then either given a bogus warning for something like late turn signal .. or touching the outside line of the road ... or sometimes something like be careful you can go ..

0 tickets in those 10 stops
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:29 PM   #15
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,610
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Currently no court documents online suggesting an arrest.
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:47 PM   #16
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,705
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

FWIW, Marvin is back with the team.
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:11 PM   #17
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 15,482
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
FWIW, Marvin is back with the team.
Are you serious? Who gets the scholarship, Johnson or Big Rick?
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:19 PM   #18
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,323
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Are you serious? Who gets the scholarship, Johnson or Big Rick?
I think Rick staying put them at 13. Well, good news I guess. He seems like a great prospect. Just hope he, again, can keep his nose clean and more importantly buy in, be a great teammate, and contribute to great team chemistry.

I wonder what actually happened behind the scenes..
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:36 PM   #19
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,898
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

In general, I'd rather Coach Moser (any new coach, really) establish his bona fides as a no-nonsense coach early on, but of course, I don't have any idea what's gone on to get us to this point, so I'll trust his judgment. But I do hope Johnson will be kept on the shortest of leashes.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:08 AM   #20
WaymanFan
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,247
Default Re: Marvin Johnson official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
In general, I'd rather Coach Moser (any new coach, really) establish his bona fides as a no-nonsense coach early on, but of course, I don't have any idea what's gone on to get us to this point, so I'll trust his judgment. But I do hope Johnson will be kept on the shortest of leashes.
I agree with that. If what he did was not worth getting kicked off the team, then Coach Moser would not have been trying to bring in another player. Since we know he did try to bring in someone else, I guess he sent a really odd message. Imagine being told that you're welcome to stick around if we don't find anyone better. I'm not sure that's how it played out, but that's certainly how it looks. Regardless, Johnson is likely on the shortest of leashes.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com