ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 05-24-2021, 08:50 AM   #51
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Default Re: Alondes Williams to Wake Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Everybody knew that last 5-7 days he was going to OSU. That wasn't something only Coach "knew". It was on just about every sports board I read where it would have been of interest.
That isn't how I remember it. Within a week of the decision, people were predicting OU
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:52 AM   #52
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Can't it be both guys?

That he wanted to be showcased AND he knew the staff better?
It isn't an either or. Both can be the right answer
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
Old 05-24-2021, 09:01 AM   #53
Stikboy
All-Conference

I could have sworn that up until like a day before the decision Coachtalk was saying that the OU coaches "felt good", as well as the other teams' coaches. Then like minutes or an hour later he either edited or posted again that he thought it was OSU. But up until that point he made it sound like OU had a very good chance, that they were selling him on this, and that...Very confusing...

For the record, I appreciate some of the info Coachtalk brings to the board, hope he keeps it up! Like another poster said, we should probably just move on from the Bryce deal at this point...
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #54
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
I could have sworn that up until like a day before the decision Coachtalk was saying that the OU coaches "felt good", as well as the other teams' coaches. Then like minutes or an hour later he either edited or posted again that he thought it was OSU. But up until that point he made it sound like OU had a very good chance, that they were selling him on this, and that...Very confusing...

For the record, I appreciate some of the info Coachtalk brings to the board, hope he keeps it up! Like another poster said, we should probably just move on from the Bryce deal at this point...
Coach was saying osu for at least a few days before the announcement. Bob pryzbylo at soonerscoop said it was osu about a week before his announcement too. Every legit source has cited the relationship with osuís staff as the deciding factor.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:44 AM   #55
Stikboy
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Coach was saying osu for at least a few days before the announcement. Bob pryzbylo at soonerscoop said it was osu about a week before his announcement too. Every legit source has cited the relationship with osuís staff as the deciding factor.
Fair enough. Like I said, I appreciate the info he and others bring to the board. I wish some of those other guys would come out of hiding that used to bring it. What were their names? Postman was one. Talk about some pretty legit info..
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:08 AM   #56
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
I went back and looked at that thread on scoop.
It wasn't until the 11th that Bob started to say it was osu. he committed on the 13.

It was still very up in the air 5-7 days from the commitment.

I'm not sure why it matters...it just seems that now after the fact, people are making it out like people in the know knew for a long time it was osu. That wasn't the case

-Romero Osby
Old 05-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #57
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Coach was saying osu for at least a few days before the announcement. Bob pryzbylo at soonerscoop said it was osu about a week before his announcement too. Every legit source has cited the relationship with osu’s staff as the deciding factor.

Coach told me in late April he thought BT would pick OSU. Here’s a PM exchange with him on April 29th:

My PM:

Originally Posted by AdaSooner

How confident are you with OU signing BT? I have no inside or outside information, just a feeling I get. My heart says it’s OU. My gut says it’s OSU.

Here’s why. If I was Boynton, I would use what he did with Cunningham as my selling pitch, and then I would repeat it until Bryce believes he originated the idea. BT’s situation is basically the same except he’s going into his sophomore season.

The so-called experts on the Insider board seem to think OU is in a “good place.” I just don’t have a lot of confidence in their reporting on basketball.

What say you?

His response:

Gut says Osu as well but I’ve been talking to bryces dad until 1 week ago. He’s gone silent. I’m sure a lot of folks on him. I’m not the type to bug.

Ou makes the most sense but I’m a homer.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:52 AM   #58
hoopsaustin
Final Four

Why do we care about this at all again? A recruit chose another school.. the end. It will happen again, who cares
Old 05-24-2021, 11:57 AM   #59
sheepdogs1
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
Why do we care about this at all again? A recruit chose another school.. the end. It will happen again, who cares
Due in part to it being the off season and the rest I'll let you figure out.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:12 PM   #60
CoachTalk
National Champion

It’s all good. I don’t need WT to like me to bring info. I share when I can. Don’t when I can’t. Not 100% all the time. Especially when he brought his tu info 12 days after the commit.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #61
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
Believe me, I couldnít care less that BT chose OSU! I predicted thatís what he would do and I was right.

I weighed in on this discussion for one reasonóto defend CoachTalk. He may not be right 100% of the time, no one I know can make that claim. But anyone who at least tries to bring good information to this board is going to get my support.

With that, Iím finished with this discussion! If I never hear or see BTís name again, it will be too soon to suit me.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:58 PM   #62
MichSooner
Walk-on

[quote=BoulderSooner;680216]this is 100% fact ..

coach knows much more then he can share publicly ..

and has great sources ..

he is 100% spot on about Brady ... and that is from my very very good sources when it comes to his family ..[/QUOTE

I am just really puzzled that uncertainty caused Manek to leave OU and leave for a new team, yeah I get a basketball Blue blood, that was horrific last year and has a new, first time head coach. That seems like an awful lot of uncertainty plus he is not even guaranteed to routinely start or be as featured so this country boy just dont get him bolting irrespective of family explanation.
MichSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 08:28 PM   #63
hoopsaustin
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Believe me, I couldnít care less that BT chose OSU! I predicted thatís what he would do and I was right.

I weighed in on this discussion for one reasonóto defend CoachTalk. He may not be right 100% of the time, no one I know can make that claim. But anyone who at least tries to bring good information to this board is going to get my support.

With that, Iím finished with this discussion! If I never hear or see BTís name again, it will be too soon to suit me.
Yes please
Old 05-25-2021, 06:44 AM   #64
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
Can't it be both guys?

That he wanted to be showcased AND he knew the staff better?
It isn't an either or. Both can be the right answer
I never said it wasn't both. Matter of fact, they are kind of tied together.

Moser needed to be able to convince Bryce (and his father) as to how Bryce would fit in a Moser offense. That is easier to do, and get trust, the longer the relationship has existed. But it wasn't the simple fact that Bryce new other coaches longer, it was more that Bryce didn't know Moser enough to trust him on how he'd be used.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:50 AM   #65
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Itís all good. I donít need WT to like me to bring info. I share when I can. Donít when I canít. Not 100% all the time. Especially when he brought his tu info 12 days after the commit.
Give me a break. My info was as to the "why" something something happened. It wasn't predictive in nature, thus the timing really doesn't matter. I can't help when I ran into somebody who would be in the know. It happened to be about a week after the announcement.

Like I said in the post above this one, your info isn't really "wrong", I just don't agree with how you took the facts, concluded on them, and presented it. For the last time, yes, it had to do with how well Bryce and his father knew Moser, but only in the context of building trust on use. You focused on the relationship, when the real reason is Bryce and his father just couldn't get comfortable with usage, DUE IN PART TO THE SHORT TIME KNOWING MOSER.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:42 AM   #66
BanjoCharley
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsooner View Post
Ö for the last time Ö
please!
Old 05-25-2021, 09:17 AM   #67
Max Power
Elite Eight

SO anyway, Alondes is going to Wake Forest. Looking at what they return he should start there and probably have a good season.

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:53 AM   #68
hoopsaustin
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
SO anyway, Alondes is going to Wake Forest. Looking at what they return he should start there and probably have a good season.
You are my hero
Old 05-25-2021, 01:24 PM   #69
WichitaSooner
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
How dare you mention Alondes in this thread. 🤣
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote