ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2021, 09:22 PM   #51
sdcloud9
Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,400
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post
LK was very high on Noland as an all around player. He should play early as he has a college body already. I've been told Goldwire is limited scoring but fantastic on defense and very good at distributing the ball.
I'm worried about OSU with Thompson. However if he looks at them their whole team is guys that play similar to him. He we have a great need for a scorer and extra ball handler.
I am also worried about OSU with Bryce....an OSU friend of mine swears they were second to KU for Bryce.
sdcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:54 PM   #52
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Wouldnt be surprised if we get a commit tomorrow. Nothing concrete. Id say jaxon.

I dont see anyway it Bryce and Trey. I think we take Jaxon and then push hard for Bryce in the next week or sooner.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:57 PM   #53
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,289
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Wouldnt be surprised if we get a commit tomorrow. Nothing concrete. Id say jaxon.

I dont see anyway it Bryce and Trey. I think we take Jaxon and then push hard for Bryce in the next week or sooner.
Good stuff
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:31 PM   #54
lexusooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 292
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
Good stuff
Are we still in on Jaxon?
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:40 PM   #55
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,574
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusooner View Post
Are we still in on Jaxon?
Dont think so.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:00 PM   #56
lexusooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 292
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Any chance we go big as a starting line up
6’9” Groves
6’9” Chargois
6’8” Groves
6’4” Harkless
6’2” Goldwire

I think this lineup gives opponents fits ...
Prolly an 8 man rotation with Gipson, Hill, and Noland, off the bench ...

Maybe Issanza gets a few minutes here and there along with one or both of the other two Freshmen guards ....

Last edited by lexusooner; 05-15-2021 at 08:24 PM.
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:04 PM   #57
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,840
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusooner View Post
Any chance we go big as a starting line up
69 Groves
69 Chargois
68 Groves
64 Harkless
62 Goldwire

I think this lineup gives opponents fits ...
Prolly and 8 man rotation with Gipson, Hill, and Noland, off the bench ...

Maybe Issanza gets a few minutes here and there along with one or both of the other two Freshmen guards ....
I'm not sure we're very good if Chagrois is giving minutes at the 4 and J groves playing big minutes at the 3 at the same time. We would be totally exposed by team with speed, especially those that play 4 guard types.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:11 AM   #58
soonerbms
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 870
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

What’s the projected starting lineup with the addition of Mawein?
soonerbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:33 AM   #59
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,983
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbms View Post
What’s the projected starting lineup with the addition of Mawein?
I don't think anybody knows. We can guess, but the guys will be given a chance to earn jobs under the new staff. And we might still sign a guard that has a chance to start.

Goldwire and T. Groves are the only two guaranteed starters, IMO.

My guess at this point would be something like this:
PG - Goldwire / Cortes / Mason
SG - Gibson / Noland
OG - Harkless
PF - J. Groves / Hill / Mawein
C - T. Groves / Chargois / Issanza

Could see Hill start at the 4 if he earns it. Could see J. Groves or Hill get minutes at the 3, especially if we don't sign another true guard. Mawein could start at the 4, though I think he'll need a year to adjust/improve. Noland could backup the 2 and 3 spots, and could get minutes at pg.

I hope the staff let's them all compete for spots. New beginning. We certainly have options and versatility. Biggest hole I see right now is another experienced true guard, especially one that can score it well. Maybe Gibson is that guy this year, or Harkless takes another leap. Should be fun to watch.

Edit: I will add, it's tough to not see Harkless starting b/c I think Moser will want to emphasize defense early, and Harkless is probably one of the better defenders. Be interesting to see if Moser still employs some form of the "No Middle" defense that he did at Loyola, and what that looks like for guys like Goldwire and Harkless.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998

Last edited by WTSooner; 05-14-2021 at 06:47 AM.
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 06:46 AM   #60
Darwin
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cleveland county
Posts: 1,149
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Groves
Chargois
Harkless
Gibson
Goldwire , Defense and seniors for starters.

Oh the competition, it would be great to go see open practices if that's still allowed. The Moser program coming out fast, setting up future recruiting and attracting high level transfers. Thanks Joe C for loading up on the staff, gotta wear shades.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:46 AM   #61
Wyatt
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 42
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Do Moser's teams switch everything on defense like Lon's did? Sure seemed like we got lost at times and gave up a lot uncontested shots with the switching.
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:02 AM   #62
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,289
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

https://hoopvision.substack.com/p/lo...ense-hv-weekly

video on Moser's Defense

http://collegehoopswatch.com/2018/03...ve-efficiency/
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #63
SoonerinNC
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Main thing I saw other than tactics is intensity. He is going to need depth to maintain that level of energy. Also good individual technique and movement of feet. Good denial, get burned occasionally but that is the price you pay.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #64
mict085
All-Conference
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,144
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

I would guess TG, harkless, and goldwire will be starters. The other 2 spots will be ever changing until we find the right guys. I don’t see Gibson as a starter. He’s a guy that should be coming off the bench. Maybe to start the season, but I could see one of Cortes or Noland starting by conference play. The 4 spot could be a combo all season unless this juco mawein is the real deal.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:25 PM   #65
lexusooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 292
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkranger View Post
I'm not sure we're very good if Chagrois is giving minutes at the 4 and J groves playing big minutes at the 3 at the same time. We would be totally exposed by team with speed, especially those that play 4 guard types.
I think you may be surprised to see how well Chargois and J Groves run the floor.
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:32 PM   #66
lexusooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 292
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbms View Post
What’s the projected starting lineup with the addition of Mawein?
I don’t see Mawein beating out a Sr like Chargois who is a pretty salty and experienced post player and banger(see attached video). I suspect it’ll take A.M. a season to adjust to D1 from Juco

https://youtu.be/gk_B7wA0mmU
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:53 PM   #67
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 763
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusooner View Post
I dont see Mawein beating out a Sr like Chargois who is a pretty salty and experienced post player and banger(see attached video). I suspect itll take A.M. a season to adjust to D1 from Juco

https://youtu.be/gk_B7wA0mmU

How many years of eligibility does Mawein have?? His juco numbers aren't overly impressive, and seeing what we actually got production-wise out of Williams, I will hold my breath on him, but this is who I have starting:

T. Groves
Hill
Goldwire
Harkless
J. Groves or Noland (depending on opponent and who we bring in for that last spot)

Seems we have more talented height available than what I remember in recent years, so developing Noland, Cortes or Mason will be critical. We will need a good perimeter scorer to compliment our big guys. I may be way off, but that's what i'm thinking right now.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:04 PM   #68
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,983
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
How many years of eligibility does Mawein have?? His juco numbers aren't overly impressive, and seeing what we actually got production-wise out of Williams, I will hold my breath on him, but this is who I have starting:

T. Groves
Hill
Goldwire
Harkless
J. Groves or Noland (depending on opponent and who we bring in for that last spot)

Seems we have more talented height available than what I remember in recent years, so developing Noland, Cortes or Mason will be critical. We will need a good perimeter scorer to compliment our big guys. I may be way off, but that's what i'm thinking right now.
I'd press the crap out of that team. Outside of Goldwire, VERY limited handles. I just don't think you can start that team. Hill and Harkless both probably need to be 3's, Hill possibly a very small 4.

I'd start Gibson next to Goldwire/Harkless. You can hide his defense next to those two, and he gives you a bona-fide shooter. Some of you are forgetting how good Gibson was at NT.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:34 PM   #69
WichitaSooner
All-American
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,637
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
I'd press the crap out of that team. Outside of Goldwire, VERY limited handles. I just don't think you can start that team. Hill and Harkless both probably need to be 3's, Hill possibly a very small 4.

I'd start Gibson next to Goldwire/Harkless. You can hide his defense next to those two, and he gives you a bona-fide shooter. Some of you are forgetting how good Gibson was at NT.
Apparently you are also forgetting that Gibson is a good defender. No need to hide his defense no matter who he is playing next to.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #70
TINY
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,393
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Gibson will start. He is going to be one of our top scorers IMO. He will have a much easier time getting open looks in this offense.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:33 PM   #71
Darwin
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cleveland county
Posts: 1,149
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Gibson will start. He is going to be one of our top scorers IMO. He will have a much easier time getting open looks in this offense.
Totally agree
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:54 PM   #72
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 936
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
I'd press the crap out of that team. Outside of Goldwire, VERY limited handles. I just don't think you can start that team. Hill and Harkless both probably need to be 3's, Hill possibly a very small 4.

I'd start Gibson next to Goldwire/Harkless. You can hide his defense next to those two, and he gives you a bona-fide shooter. Some of you are forgetting how good Gibson was at NT.
The handles next year will be superior to 2020-2021. Sorry but while I think Austin Reaves was a great player, his handles were not on the level of Goldwire. You can't start at PF for Duke and not have good handles. In addition, the offense will be much more structured under Moser. I have little doubt that pressing a Moser coached team will be a futile effort. Best way to break the press is over the top with passes. The Groves boys will be able to handle the ball as well in the passing game. In addition, with more athleticism inside Groves, Chargois, and Mawein, pressing may end up with an OU dunk on the other end.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:09 PM   #73
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,232
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Gibson will start. He is going to be one of our top scorers IMO. He will have a much easier time getting open looks in this offense.
Hell get starter minutes, but might come off the bench to balance out scoring. However, I dont believe this team will score as easily as last years so he might start.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:10 PM   #74
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,232
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
The handles next year will be superior to 2020-2021. Sorry but while I think Austin Reaves was a great player, his handles were not on the level of Goldwire. You can't start at PF for Duke and not have good handles. In addition, the offense will be much more structured under Moser. I have little doubt that pressing a Moser coached team will be a futile effort. Best way to break the press is over the top with passes. The Groves boys will be able to handle the ball as well in the passing game. In addition, with more athleticism inside Groves, Chargois, and Mawein, pressing may end up with an OU dunk on the other end.
Id say Reaves is the better ball handler of the two.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #75
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,289
Default Re: 21-22 line-up/Depth chart so far ....

next years starting line up ..

Locks IMHO

Goldwire 1
Harkless 2/3


Groves 5

that leaves 2 spots .. i think there are 5 guys for those 2 spots at least early in the season

the other wing spot is between Hill and Gibson (Coach has talked about Hill being a guard multiple times since he has been hired.) *good chance we add another portal wing and Noland will get a shot here as well once he arives ...

the 4 spot has 3 options and all are interesting J Groves Chargois and Mawein

i think Groves is going to win this job .. with Mawein as his back up and Chargois as the back up 5 ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com