ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 05-24-2021, 10:14 AM   #1
jaymOU
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broken Arrow OK
Posts: 779
Default Jordan "Jelly" Walker

Bob Przybylo indicating he may be a possibility. Transfer from Tulane.

5-10 guard - 13 points, 4 assists a game - 37.5% from three.

Given his size, would appear to be a point guard. NY native. Started at Seton Hall. He is a junior.

I was thinking the Sooners would be looking for a wing scorer, but I will trust Coach Porter.
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:54 AM   #2
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,289
Default Re: Jordan "Jelly" Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
Bob Przybylo indicating he may be a possibility. Transfer from Tulane.

5-10 guard - 13 points, 4 assists a game - 37.5% from three.

Given his size, would appear to be a point guard. NY native. Started at Seton Hall. He is a junior.

I was thinking the Sooners would be looking for a wing scorer, but I will trust Coach Porter.
i would think they really just want the best outside player that they can find
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:51 AM   #3
sheepdogs1
Final Four
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,648
Default Re: Jordan "Jelly" Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
i would think they really just want the best outside player that they can find
Our bigs should be enough of an inside presence that it would enable the perimeter players to have better looks, so adding another good outside shooter to the mix would make sense.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
Darwin
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cleveland county
Posts: 1,149
Default Re: Jordan "Jelly" Walker

13th ship for 1 year doesn't matter much, if he is a junior then I'm confused.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:37 PM   #5
lexusooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 292
Default Re: Jordan "Jelly" Walker

He shot 32.6 from 3 last year
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:16 PM   #6
sheepdogs1
Final Four
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,648
Default Re: Jordan "Jelly" Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusooner View Post
He shot 32.6 from 3 last year

And 37.5% the year before. He attempted 95 3s one season and 96 in the other so on average he shot 35% which is not too shabby.

Last edited by sheepdogs1; 05-25-2021 at 07:18 PM.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:23 PM   #7
lexusooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 292
Default Re: Jordan "Jelly" Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
And 37.5% the year before. He attempted 95 3s one season and 96 in the other so on average he shot 35% which is not too shabby.
A second year guard should improve his 3 pt% interestingly he dropped 5% ... could have been injured or something
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #8
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,859
Default Re: Jordan "Jelly" Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusooner View Post
A second year guard should improve his 3 pt% interestingly he dropped 5% ... could have been injured or something
I dunno -- sophomore slumps are not uncommon. Hollis Price, for example, shot better from deep his freshman season than he did as a sophomore.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com