ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 04-17-2021, 10:29 AM   #4426
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I missed the first five runs. I saw a few pitches after it was 4-0, but my stream went black again before the fifth run. I wrote to SidearmSports, who told me they'll be sending me a refund (I'm guessing it'll be for one day, so probably thirty cents). I also lost the stream in the fourth and when it came back, the it had jumped back to the first inning! I had to watch the rest of the game on FB, where OU was streaming the game.
That's what happened to me. When the screen went black in the 4th inning, I just listened to the rest of it on the radio.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 04:37 PM   #4427
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Sooners run rule the whorns again 10-2 in 5 innings. Saile throws 3 hitter, allows 2 runs on 2 HRs and 6 BBs. Not her best outing. Jennings and Elam both hit HRs. Both Elam and Snow go 3 for 3.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:04 PM   #4428
OUALUMinTX
Walk-on

They are so much fun to watch.
OUALUMinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:51 PM   #4429
skyvue
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
Sooners run rule the whorns again 10-2 in 5 innings. Saile throws 3 hitter, allows 2 runs on 2 HRs and 6 BBs. Not her best outing. Jennings and Elam both hit HRs. Both Elam and Snow go 3 for 3.
It should have been 10-1. A horrendous "home run" call gave texas a truly unearned run.
Old 04-18-2021, 05:21 PM   #4430
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Sooner run rule the whorns 9-0 in game 3. Nicole May gets the shutout. Jennings, Elam, Coleman and Johns hit HRs. OU had 9 HRs by 6 different hitters in the series.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:51 AM   #4431
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

For the Texas series OU's #7, #8 & #9 hitters went 9/18, scored 8 runs, had 10 rbis and hit 2 HRs. For the season those 3 starting hitters are hitting ,333, .379 and .395. Their 2 reserves/ph are hitting .429 & .500. For the season those 5 players (Snow, Johns, Mendes, Donihoo and Green) have 20 HRs and 107 rbis. Truly a tough lineup top to bottom.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:51 AM   #4432
MsProudSooner
National Champion

In other news, OSU swept Baylor this weekend.

Old 04-19-2021, 04:20 PM   #4433
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
In other news, OSU swept Baylor this weekend.
OSU may well be the 2nd best team in the conference the definitely have quality ace in Eberle. She is 16-1, has a 0.82 era and has allowed on 5 HRs in 111.1 innings. As a team they are hitting .329 with58 dingers. They have run ruled 13 opponents and thrown 16 shutouts.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:59 PM   #4434
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
OSU may well be the 2nd best team in the conference the definitely have quality ace in Eberle. She is 16-1, has a 0.82 era and has allowed on 5 HRs in 111.1 innings. As a team they are hitting .329 with58 dingers. They have run ruled 13 opponents and thrown 16 shutouts.
I watched a few minutes of their game before ours. I think I heard the announcer say that OSU plays Texas next weekend

Old 04-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #4435
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

In Austin. We play the pukes in Stoolwater.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:14 AM   #4436
tooney
Starter

How much longer will the CWS be played in OKC??
Old 04-20-2021, 07:15 AM   #4437
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooney View Post
How much longer will the CWS be played in OKC??
2035. It now seats 13,000.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball...ld-Renovations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASA_Hall_of_Fame_Stadium

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-20-2021 at 07:29 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:01 AM   #4438
TheMont
Role Player

Current home run leaders in the country:
1. Jocelyn Alo, 23 HRs
2. Braxton Burnside (Arkansas), 22 HRs
3. Tiare Jennings, 20 HRs

It's worth noting that Arkansas has played 40 games, compared to OU's 33. Burnside has also had 123 at bats, compared to Alo's 92 and Jennings' 105.

In general, OU's entire team has been doing amazing things at the plate --- made all the more remarkable when you consider how many run rules the team has had, which limits their plate appearances.
TheMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:27 AM   #4439
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Alo is still hitting the ball great but is in somewhat of a power slump. For the last nine games she is hitting .520 (13/25) with only 2 HRs (1/12.50 ABs). In her previous 24 games she hit .522 (35/67) with 21 HRs (3.19 ABs). In previous years she has averaged a dinger every 7.83 ABs (54/423).

Most likely that is partially attributable to 8 of those 9 games were against Power 5 pitching and of the previous 24 games only 4 were against Power 5 pitching. The better pitching just does not make as many bad pitches that are good opportunities for dingers. Also ISU and KU have seen Jocy for 3 years and have a better perspective about how to pitch to her. JMHO.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-20-2021 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:53 PM   #4440
bob the nailer
Walk-on

The WCWS may not remain in OKC as long as contractually signed to do so, if the Oklahoma State Legislature continues on path to and passes a bill prohibiting transgendered students from participating in sports in the gender that is their preference, and not their birth. If that happens don’t be surprised if NCAA pulls the tournament elsewhere
bob the nailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:36 PM   #4441
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the nailer View Post
The WCWS may not remain in OKC as long as contractually signed to do so, if the Oklahoma State Legislature continues on path to and passes a bill prohibiting transgendered students from participating in sports in the gender that is their preference, and not their birth. If that happens don’t be surprised if NCAA pulls the tournament elsewhere
The contract between the NCAA and the All Sports Association (now the city of OKC) is extensive and required massive financial consideration on the part of Oklahoma City in expanding and refurbing ASA Hall of Fame Stadium.

Should the NCAA decide to move the WCWS it is a certainty that OKC would sue the NCAA for millions of dollar and like a hundred million plus when you consider all of the revenue lost by the businesses of OKC and the tax revenue earning lost by OKC.

Were OKC to win the lawsuit is would easily bankrupt the NCAA. Maybe that would be the simple solution to resolving the NCAA and making it history.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #4442
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
The contract between the NCAA and the All Sports Association (now the city of OKC) is extensive and required massive financial consideration on the part of Oklahoma City in expanding and refurbing ASA Hall of Fame Stadium.

Should the NCAA decide to move the WCWS it is a certainty that OKC would sue the NCAA for millions of dollar and like a hundred million plus when you consider all of the revenue lost by the businesses of OKC and the tax revenue earning lost by OKC.

Were OKC to win the lawsuit is would easily bankrupt the NCAA. Maybe that would be the simple solution to resolving the NCAA and making it history.
Agreed. Tell the NCAA to bring it on!
Old 04-25-2021, 09:56 AM   #4443
MsProudSooner
National Champion

While I was watching the first game of the doubleheader yesterday, it seemed as if the strike zone was huge when we were batting. We were already ahead by double digits when I noticed this. I remember thinking that maybe the umpire wanted the beat down to be over and that I was glad it wasn't a close game.

Coincidentally, I was listening to the radio on my way home later that evening and a guy called in to request a song. He said he was bushed because he had umpired 2 games that afternoon. He said both games were blowouts, 19 - 4 and 15 - 2 or something like that. Then he said, "The strike zone was pretty big in those games!" He didn't say what level he was umpiring.

Do umpires regularly do that in blow-out games? I know if youth basketball they swallow their whistles somewhat when it's late in the game and one team has an insurmountable lead.

Old 04-25-2021, 01:07 PM   #4444
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

If the umpire in today’s game had expanded the strike zone, I wouldn’t have blamed him one bit. Poor guy was injured twice on deflected balls that had to hurt more than his pride. He was still behind the plate in the fourth inning when OU put on an offensive show that saw sixteen runs cross the plate to give the Sooners a 20-0 lead. The game ended mercifully 20-0 in five innings.

OU swept the three game series with Texas Tech 40-0. That is not a typo! This OU team is really that good.
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:59 PM   #4445
skyvue
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
e was still behind the plate in the fourth inning when OU put on an offensive show that saw sixteen runs cross the plate to give the Sooners a 20-0 lead.
It was actually 18 runs in that inning (OU was leading, 2-0, entering that frame). The Sooners batted around two times-plus (23 total batters, I think). Two different Sooners (Alo and, I think, Mendes, but I could have that wrong) had three hits each in the inning.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:34 AM   #4446
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
It was actually 18 runs in that inning (OU was leading, 2-0, entering that frame). The Sooners batted around two times-plus (23 total batters, I think). Two different Sooners (Alo and, I think, Mendes, but I could have that wrong) had three hits each in the inning.
I’m sure you’re right. The numbers were so incredible, I couldn’t wrap my head around what I was seeing.

This team is so much fun to watch. Sooner fans who haven’t seen them play don’t know what they’re missing. As proof of their dominance, yesterday’s game was the 28th time a game has been decided in early innings by run rule.
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:28 AM   #4447
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Looking only at Power 5 school's national rankings for games through the Georgia series OU ranks #1 in BA, OBP, scoring, slg%, HRs and HRs/g. The #1 OU .439 and #2 the whorns .368. OBP #1 OU .519 and #2 the whorns .441. Scoring #1 OU 11.57 r/g and #2 Kentucky 7.39. Slg% #1 OU .847 and #2 Arizona State .636. HRs #1 OU 104 (now 111) and #2 Arkansas 82. HRs/Game #1 OU 2.97 and #2 Arizona State 2.03.

As stated above these numbers do not include the Texas Tech series where we hit .436 (34/78) and hit 7 dingers. Also has scored at least 5 runs (5) in every game except the 2-1 exhibition win over Mexico and their pitcher Sierra Hyland is considered one of the AAU top pitchers world wide.

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?spor...WSB&division=1

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-so...d5f39cbdb.html
Old 04-27-2021, 07:38 PM   #4448
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Should the pukes win the series with the whorns next weekend the OU at Stoolwater against the pukes May 7-9 will be for the Big 12 conference regular season championship. The Sooners are 14-0 and the pukes are 11-1 and could be either 14-1 or 13-2 by winning the whorn series. Were they to sweep the whorns to go to 14-1 and then sweep the Sooners they would be 17-1 and OU would be 15-3. If they win 2 of 3 from the Sooners after sweeping the whorns they would be 16-2 and the Sooners would be 15-2. The pukes win the regular season in both instances. They could also win 2 of 3 against the whorns and sweep the Sooners to win the Big 12.

The pukes have 2 starting pitchers Carrie Eberle 16-1, 0.81 era, 112.1 innings and allows 1 HR every 22.5 innings and Kelly Maxwell 13-1, 1.16 era, 78.1 innings and allows 1 HR every 15.6 innings. For OU "G" is 15-0, 1.96, 82 innings and allows 1 HR every 6.8 innings and Saile is 11-0, .080 era, 52.2 innings and allows 1 HR every 17.6 innings. These numbers do not include the Baylor doubleheader.

OSU has Power 5 wins over Arkansas and LSU (2). OU over Arizona State, Missouri (2) and split with Georgia. OSU was also 1-2 against Wichita State. OU plays Wichita State Tuesday May 4 at Wichita.

Patty will have the Sooners pumped come May 7.

https://stats.ncaa.org/team/522/stat...egory_id=14861

https://stats.ncaa.org/team/521/stat...egory_id=14861

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-28-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #4449
scrybe
All-American

Let me be the first on this board to stick my neck out.

OSU has no chance of winning the series with OU.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:58 AM   #4450
MsProudSooner
National Champion

OSU beat Baylor 4-0, 5-1 and 11-3.