ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 05-14-2022, 08:28 AM   #4676
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Default Re: Softball

Gasso confirms Bahl arm soreness and her missing pitching against the pukes in the finals of the Big 12.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:43 PM   #4677
Salt City Sooner
Role Player

Donihoo to the portal:

https://extrainningsoftball.com/mack...ansfer-portal/

-John Wooden-
Salt City Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:51 PM   #4678
MsProudSooner
National Champion

To me, the hardest thing to do in all sports, no matter if it's team sports or individual sports, is to start a season playing at a very high level and maintain it throughout the entire season. It's not necessarily easier to have that slow build of momentum until you peak at just the right time, but it's certainly more common.

How much of this team's identity is built around Jordy's skill as a pitcher and her fire as a player? Last year, we struggled somewhat at the pitching position and the rest of the team drew together to support the pitcher, no matter who was pitching, up until the final game when Juarez was fabulous. If Jordy isn't able to come back, they may have to remember how they supported the pitchers last year in order to have the success they want this year.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #4679
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Bingo!!!
Old 05-18-2022, 01:26 PM   #4680
womenssports
Starter

I understand what you are saying but just not sure that is the issue.
I mean I believe the pitchers know they
have great support.

Most if not all of the starters and sometime starters have played at a high level at both collegiate and pre- collegiate level
I don't see letting a Freshman be your momentum giver. These women are coming
off a national championship year. There are 4 red-shirt seniors. They know how this works. And I am not saying that she does not bring enthusiasm and fire, but so do Brito, Jennings, Lyons, Hansen and others.

We lost to OSU because of their pitchers and I am okay with that. Feel we were capable of doing better at bat but we didn't for whatever reason.
Hope they come back to NCAA tournament knowing they have to be fired up to hit. Our fielding was fine. I believe if Jordy can't throw that the other two could pitch better than they did in the tournament and that could be enough.

Does any team have the abundance of riches that this team has?

I really enjoy watching them.and hope for them that they win the WCWS, because I do not see another team being as good as they are, with or without Jordy. Of course, really hope she plays. I feel she will, at least in the WCWS if we make it. But what I feel is certainly not anything but a feeling...no inside knowledge.

I guess we just see it differently, which I get. This is just my take.
And I agree that the team may have to buck-up
Hope and Nicole since they have had problems in the last couple of weeks.

Last edited by womenssports; 05-18-2022 at 01:43 PM.
womenssports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 01:28 PM   #4681
womenssports
Starter

Curious, the softball thread has been much quieter than usual this year. Is there somewhere else people have gone to talk about it or are people just not posting?
Old 05-18-2022, 02:59 PM   #4682
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by womenssports View Post
Curious, the softball thread has been much quieter than usual this year. Is there somewhere else people have gone to talk about it or are people just not posting?
The SoonerTimes softball board is more active.

Even those who didn't agree with Sybarite would have to agree that he posted a lot of good articles which led people to comment.

Old 05-18-2022, 05:35 PM   #4683
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
The SoonerTimes softball board is more active.

Even those who didn't agree with Sybarite would have to agree that he posted a lot of good articles which led people to comment.

Thanks. It has been such a great year and this thread was so quiet, I was really surprised.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:54 PM   #4684
MsProudSooner
National Champion

This is the link to their softball page: https://www.soonertimes.com/viewforum.php?f=11

Old 06-02-2022, 10:32 AM   #4685
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

ended up with 2 extra session 1 tickets that i can't use today

selling them under face value ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #4686
Soonerguy06
Role Player

What a fantastic game 1 for the Sooners! I admit, I was nervous initially, but after the 2nd inning our bats got HOT. With not one, but TWO grand slams!!!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:10 PM   #4687
inoref
All-American

Texas game if played should be a good one.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:03 PM   #4688
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Wow, Sooners just played the worst game of the season, most definitely the worst display of pitching anyway, and we got our tails whooped by UCLA, 7-3. Brady hit two home runs and Wicsz hit one as well. I honestly don't believe we are the best team of all time, definitely not the best offensive team, as the bottom of our lineup has been as pathetic as possible at this WCWS. I think 7-9 went 0-3 today. Jennings went 0-3, which is indicative of some poor play on our end. No offense to the Bruins' pitching, which is envious. UCLA went through their lineup every single inning I believe. So they outhit us and definitely outpitched us. Now our season is on the line. I put this loss on Gasso for not pulling May sooner. I would like to think our offense will have woken up by the second game and we will win, but I have a funny feeling....

If we somehow choke the whole nation will call us over-hyped, on account of the media's relentless praise. If UCLA makes it out of this, I believe OSU will win their first natty. I like OSU, but I believe we are too good not to at least play for the natty.

Last edited by Soonerguy06; 06-06-2022 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:00 AM   #4689
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Wow, Sooners just played the worst game of the season, most definitely the worst display of pitching anyway, and we got our tails whooped by UCLA, 7-3. Brady hit two home runs and Wicsz hit one as well. I honestly don't believe we are the best team of all time, definitely not the best offensive team, as the bottom of our lineup has been as pathetic as possible at this WCWS. I think 7-9 went 0-3 today. Jennings went 0-3, which is indicative of some poor play on our end. No offense to the Bruins' pitching, which is envious. UCLA went through their lineup every single inning I believe. So they outhit us and definitely outpitched us. Now our season is on the line. I put this loss on Gasso for not pulling May sooner. I would like to think our offense will have woken up by the second game and we will win, but I have a funny feeling....

If we somehow choke the whole nation will call us over-hyped, on account of the media's relentless praise. If UCLA makes it out of this, I believe OSU will win their first natty. I like OSU, but I believe we are too good not to at least play for the natty.
Hopefully you have relaxed by now.
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:07 AM   #4690
BanjoCharley
Starter

No Sooner Softball tidbits today?
Old 06-09-2022, 10:07 AM   #4691
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoCharley View Post
No Sooner Softball tidbits today?
I think most fans have run out of adjectives to describe this team!

“OU dominates Texas—one win away from WCWS title!” pretty much tells the whole story about how good this team is. They tied a single game WCWS record with 6 home runs, including two by the home run queen, Jocelyn Alo.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/6...cws-title.aspx
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:58 PM   #4692
tooney
Starter

Boomer!!!!

OU wins 10-5!!

Where's the softball logo?

Old 06-13-2022, 12:15 PM   #4693
Salt City Sooner
Role Player

Storako to OU:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alxsto_/s...07011054821383

-John Wooden-
Old 06-14-2022, 06:00 PM   #4694
tooney
Starter

Big 12 finishes 1-2-3 in the final rankings for Softball!

OU, UT, OSU

I'm glad we played texas in the finals.....jmo, but I think OSU was better than texas.

Old 06-14-2022, 10:50 PM   #4695
Salt City Sooner
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooney View Post

OU, UT, OSU

I'm glad we played texas in the finals.....jmo, but I think OSU was better than texas.

As do I. Id give a slight edge to Texas offensively, but Maxwell>>>>>anything UT could put in the circle, especially with Dolcini being as worn out as she obviously was.

-John Wooden-
Old 06-17-2022, 05:35 PM   #4696
Salt City Sooner
Role Player

Donihoo to Tennessee.

-John Wooden-
Old 06-21-2022, 04:00 PM   #4697
Soonerguy06
Role Player

just landed a big transfer from ASU, their SS, Torres. She will replace Johns very nicely at 3rd, IMO. Has 2 years eligibility remaining!

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...-arizona-state
Old 06-27-2022, 11:53 PM   #4698
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooney View Post

OU, UT, OSU

April 22 OSU 3 Texas 2
April 24 DH OSU 3 Texas 0
April 24 DH OSU 2 Texas 1
May 13 OSU 6 Texas 1
June 6 Texas 5 OSU 0
June 6 Texas 6 OSU 5

I'd bet on the pukes over the whorns were they to play game 7. But let them play ten more games and they likely would spit 6-4 with it going either way.

Pukes might have a better shot at winning a single game because the whorns do not have a starting pitcher comparable to Kelly Maxwell and the pukes were better in the circle (1.86 era vs 3.27). Also both teams hit the ball for average (OSU .291 vs .303) and power (69 HRs vs 68) although the whorns did score 77 more runs for the season. JMHO.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 06-28-2022 at 08:20 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:18 PM   #4699
OUALUMinTX
Walk-on

This site has some great info including fans from a lot of other teams. If you are a big softball fan and have Discord I highly recommend it. It looks to be fairly new.

https://discord.gg/zDBjN6NfEU
OUALUMinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #4700
Soonerguy06
Role Player

I'm seeing a few people say that Cydney Sanders from ASU is confirmed as our third incoming transfer, but I've seen nothing official posted. Hopefully this is accurate as she was a fantastic freshman this past season!

Also, looks like OSU has landed 2 Alabama transfers, so they're slowly but surely rebuilding their roster...