ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 04-10-2019, 04:30 PM   #176
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Default Re: Coale "fires" DeCosta and Thraikill

+1, MAC. We will be at a disadvantage.

Another thing to consider, if her coaching search moves into June, then i believe that would be an indication of her not being able to find someone she thinks she wants/or can-live-with.

Or she's having trouble convincing someone to come because of the uncertainty of the situation (or maybe they get an offer, talk to the two departed coaches or other coaches around the country and decide they don't want to be apart of Sherri's staff).
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #177
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
+1, MAC. We will be at a disadvantage.

Another thing to consider, if her coaching search moves into June, then i believe that would be an indication of her not being able to find someone she thinks she wants/or can-live-with.

Or she's having trouble convincing someone to come because of the uncertainty of the situation (or maybe they get an offer, talk to the two departed coaches or other coaches around the country and decide they don't want to be apart of Sherri's staff).
Pam and Chad are extremely loyal to Sherri and that is not likely to have changed. They will only speak about Sherri in positive terms.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #178
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Getting fired, i.e. blamed for a program’s decline, when the head coach, the person who dictates every action you take or don’t, escapes any consequences for their actions usually would test even the strongest of loyalties.

They may never say anything publicly. However, privately is often a different thing — even from the most loyal of one-time allies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #179
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Getting fired, i.e. blamed for a program’s decline, when the head coach, the person who dictates every action you take or don’t, escapes any consequences for their actions usually would test even the strongest of loyalties.

They may never say anything publicly. However, privately is often a different thing — even from the most loyal of one-time allies.

+1
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #180
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:

Agreed! However those things said in private need to remain private otherwise you will not remain privy to those private statements.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:33 AM   #181
61sooner
Walk-on

Perhaps Coales has a younger child and is waiting until he or she graduates high school to be signed up as another coach. Or a niece or a nephew.
It could be the Coales Home School of Coaching Academy.
61sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #182
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
Perhaps Coales has a younger child and is waiting until he or she graduates high school to be signed up as another coach. Or a niece or a nephew.
What about Morgan Hook ?
Old 04-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #183
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

She’d be better than her husband.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #184
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
Just remember, Coale has a daughter about 21 that is at most of the games. That probably qualifies for one of the assistant jobs. She already knows the head coach and the lead assistant coach. I hope this is just being facetious, but who knows. Would you have thought she would fire her 2 most experienced assistants ane keep Junior?
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote