ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16
 
Oliver Hardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,615
Default Sherri and Holly

Any chance Warlick and Sherri could hook up with Holly as an assistant HC?

I really donít think so, but Iíd like to hear everyoneís thoughts ó except Sybís and Cat. No one cares what they think, especially me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 604
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

I'd be ok with this happening, but they appear to be polar opposites. ..it would help OU's recruiting, possibly.


Who are the real contenders for assistant positions??
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
Soonerbay
Role Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 920
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
Any chance Warlick and Sherri could hook up with Holly as an assistant HC?

I really donít think so, but Iíd like to hear everyoneís thoughts ó except Sybís and Cat. No one cares what they think, especially me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't fathom HWarlick wanting to assist SC. She's accomplished more than SC in the last seven years. Significantly more. And at least she made it to the dance this year.

It also goes to show what normally happens when coaches do not achieve significant progress year in and year out, regardless of what you did a decade ago. OU WBB is an anomaly when it comes to this.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 604
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Exactly!!

I guarantee any other top notch program that goes 8-22 regardless of if their coach is a HOF, guaranteed automatic termination. The fact that OU gets "well they were young so it's ok. What else did you expect," mentalities it's a pretty good indication of how content we are with mediocrity for this program. Heck, we haven't won more than 24 games in a season since 2010! I think even this would result in termination of coaches at a lot of the top programs. I'm sure I will get a lot of disagreement from Syb and a couple of others but we know it's true.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 03:29 PM   #5
CoachTalk
Final Four
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,616
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Exactly!!

I guarantee any other top notch program that goes 8-22 regardless of if their coach is a HOF, guaranteed automatic termination. The fact that OU gets "well they were young so it's ok. What else did you expect," mentalities it's a pretty good indication of how content we are with mediocrity for this program. Heck, we haven't won more than 24 games in a season since 2010! I think even this would result in termination of coaches at a lot of the top programs. I'm sure I will get a lot of disagreement from Syb and a couple of others but we know it's true.
Lol. No one is firing anyone for a singular bad year. Delusional thought process.

I agree things have to get better. No one is denying that n
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:15 PM   #6
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 604
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

are you actually saying last season was a good season? I suppose if you're content with just being invited to the NCAA tournament every year it might have been...news falsh: We only won 24 games the past two seasons total!!!!

I don't think it's delusional. Tennessee just did it didn't they??! The fact that people like you are okay with a season like this and the past 7-9 before, winning only 20 games a year on average is why we are not a better program. It's why SC has gotten lazy and content and not wanted and demanded more IMO.
Call me selfish, but I want more than just a mediocre program. I know SC at least had it in her at one point. If she's not up to it she needs to move on. You can't tell me with the way shes recruited the past decade that she's not just been content with a 'decent season.' I'm glad a little pressure is probably on her at this point. Maybe it will motivate her to expect more and ask more out of her play. Whatever it is, it can't get any worse!

Last edited by Soonerguy06; 03-28-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:08 PM   #7
soonerstar
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,746
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Holly averaged 24.5 wins a year in her 7 years on Rocky Top and got canned. When is the last time Coale won 24 games in a season?
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #8
sybarite
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15,254
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Holly didn't build it.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #9
SoonerinNC
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,522
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

The Tennessee program has been on a downward spiral for several seasons in spite of some great talent.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:39 AM   #10
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,412
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerstar View Post
Holly averaged 24.5 wins a year in her 7 years on Rocky Top and got canned. When is the last time Coale won 24 games in a season?
2012-13 went 24-11, 11-8 and 3rd in the conference. Last trip to the Sweet 16.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #11
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sooner Heaven
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
2012-13 went 24-11, 11-8 and 3rd in the conference. Last trip to the Sweet 16.
Tennessee doesn't play most non-conference games out of town like we do.

Many of our problems started when SC started that disadvantageous scheduling. Why do you think she does that? Is she embarrassed for our fans to see them play?

I hope that is changed next year.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #12
sooner8693
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 306
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
Tennessee doesn't play most non-conference games out of town like we do.

Many of our problems started when SC started that disadvantageous scheduling. Why do you think she does that? Is she embarrassed for our fans to see them play?

I hope that is changed next year.
SC should be embarrassed for any fans to see her team play.
sooner8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:27 PM   #13
soonerstar
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,746
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8693 View Post
SC should be embarrassed for any fans to see her team play.
+1
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 12:37 PM   #14
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 604
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8693 View Post
SC should be embarrassed for any fans to see her team play.
I'm pretty sure at times she actually was pretty embarrassed, but DANG do something about it!! She just sat there looking dead in the face with her assistants, while the other team's coach most likely was up and down that sideline all game. That is why i'd get so frustrated, it just seemed like sometimes she didn't care, or had already given up and that's why i've wanted her to either quit, or get with it. She used to be much more animated, so we can't say that's just how she is and always has been.

wasn't Chad in charge of the schedule? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere. Maybe with him gone, the schedule will get a bit softer and help us win a few of those early season games. I know it could help us to have a tough pre-conference schedule, but it obviously did not. At least this season anyway. Last season it probably did help us get into the tournament.

I think come May we will hear a lot of news from this program, i'm excited to see what changes come. I do worry that at this point there aren't very many Juco / Grad players left to sign. If this is the case we will probably have another rough season with very little height.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #15
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,412
Default Re: Sherri and Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I'm pretty sure at times she actually was pretty embarrassed, but DANG do something about it!! She just sat there looking dead in the face with her assistants, while the other team's coach most likely was up and down that sideline all game. That is why i'd get so frustrated, it just seemed like sometimes she didn't care, or had already given up and that's why i've wanted her to either quit, or get with it. She used to be much more animated, so we can't say that's just how she is and always has been.

wasn't Chad in charge of the schedule? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere. Maybe with him gone, the schedule will get a bit softer and help us win a few of those early season games. I know it could help us to have a tough pre-conference schedule, but it obviously did not. At least this season anyway. Last season it probably did help us get into the tournament.

I think come May we will hear a lot of news from this program, i'm excited to see what changes come. I do worry that at this point there aren't very many Juco / Grad players left to sign. If this is the case we will probably have another rough season with very little height.
Because of contract issues the athletic department makes the schedule usually with consultation with the head coach. Sherri is well known for her micromanaging virtually everything. I find it doubtful she would hand over the scheduling to an assistant even one with the experience with her that Chad had.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com