ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 04-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
j2d2
All-American

Default Better off?

So he went to Florida. If you listened to the scuttlebutt it was because of the competition with Odomes. If so, we're better off without him.
j2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
AdaSooner
Administrator

Default Re: Better off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2d2 View Post
So he went to Florida. If you listened to the scuttlebutt it was because of the competition with Odomes. If so, we're better off without him.
We may never know all of reasons Koulechov chose Florida? He was a proven shooter from deep, so that would have given him at least one advantage over Odomes. But assuming they played pick up games during the visit, Rashard's athleticism and strong moves to the rim would not have been lost on Egor. Odomes was also a starter last year.

One thing is certain, grad transfers don't want to spend their final season coming off of the bench.
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #3
okhoops918
Walk-on

Rashard avg 10/4 as a starter in 27mpg shooting 11% from 3pt, being 1 dimensional offensively and an average defender on a team that was screaming for anyone to step up.

Yeah a guy that averages 18/9 48% from 3pt, being a multidimensional scorer and an average defender is scared of PT.

He chose to go to UF which has of talent returning on a elite 8 team and a top 15 recruiting class. he must be scared of competition
okhoops918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #4
sanguinetti
Role Player

the kid chose UF. could be any number of well-documented reasons on here (in the other thread).

he got his degree from a very good school...spent some time in the great American southwest...being a foreign player....had a chance to play ball in Florida. see something new. why not?

i wish we would have got him....but hey. better he makes a lot of 3's for UF than watching him light it up *against us* at ISU. we'll see how he does....the caliber of competition will go up for sure.
sanguinetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #5
coolm
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinetti View Post
he got his degree from a very good school...spent some time in the great American southwest...being a foreign player....had a chance to play ball in Florida. see something new. why not?
this rates a thumbs up
coolm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #6
sooner333
Role Player

Canyon Barry came off the bench for Florida this year. Who knows how they will use Koulechov.

I don't think we are better off without him...no matter how we would have used him. Whether he is better off is a different story (he obviously thinks he is for one reason or another).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:51 PM   #7
Capel's Mustache
Role Player

This is just speculation but I imagine UF's large Jewish population was a big factor

Last edited by Capel's Mustache; 04-21-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Capel's Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #8
chuckb
Starter

Quote:
If this is true, I don't know that it means we're better off without him but it does speak to the respect others have for the depth on our roster. The roster is good and pretty deep. The downside is that it means it'll be difficult to add players who want to play immediately. It's a nice problem to have. It's certainly better than lacking talent and being able to add 1 guy like Koulechov.
chuckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #9
Eielson
Walk-on

Quote:
I'm perfectly happy going into the year with Young, McGusty, and Odomes as our starters on the perimeter -- I've said previously that might be the best backcourt in the Big XII. Unless the extra time allows James to develop into the player we thought he'd be, though, we really need another guy. Shepard and James might end up being all we need, but they definitely don't give me goosebumps.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #10
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by okhoops918 View Post
Rashard avg 10/4 as a starter in 27mpg shooting 11% from 3pt, being 1 dimensional offensively and an average defender on a team that was screaming for anyone to step up.

Yeah a guy that averages 18/9 48% from 3pt, being a multidimensional scorer and an average defender is scared of PT.

He chose to go to UF which has of talent returning on a elite 8 team and a top 15 recruiting class. he must be scared of competition
I believe you're selling Odomes short.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #11
Big Old Booger
Final Four

Quote:

Aren't you the same clown who said Trae was going to OSU and definitely not OU?

Why didn't you come back to eat some crow...

Fran Fraschilla
---------------------
Big Old Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #12
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Old Booger View Post
Aren't you the same clown who said Trae was going to OSU and definitely not OU?

Why didn't you come back to eat some crow...
Yes he is that same clown and you know hwy he disappeared for a couple of months

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #13
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Yes he is that same clown and you know hwy he disappeared for a couple of months
How in the world do you keep up with all these clowns?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:48 AM   #14
CoachTalk
Elite Eight

Quote:
hearing its OSU, gonna surprise everyone
Quote:
KU most likely, 2nd is OSU. OU probably not gonna happen now.

OU once had a slight lead, lost it over summer and he was in a wait and see approach for both OU and OSU.

This season hast helped. as far as OSU goes..He was teammates with Lindy Waters, good friend. Likes Underwood and one of the asst coaches. His dad has a good friendship with a former OSU player. Also good friends with Jawun Evans who tells him good things.

Also gets advice from KD who hates OU.

Dad wants KU though. KU is most likely.

KU OSU and OU in that order

if I had to put % Id say 80 KU 15 OSU 5 OU
This guy?
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #15
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
This guy?
Don't forget to.....Drop mic!
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #16
scrybe
All-American

The 16th Century just called; they want their Nostradamus back.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #17
Stikboy
Starter

And wasn't there another one that said we had quit recruiting Trae? I guess that could technically be true now since he's signed. HA
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote