ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > NBA Hoops Talk Board

Old 04-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #26
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Default Re: Over/Under on Westbrook's Shot Attempts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
I'd also argue that most people think the Valuable part means to his team.

Why can't it mean just in general? Valuable as in who is worth the most, or produces the most.
So how do you quantify producing the most? Maybe scoring (westbrook 1st), maybe rebounding (westbrook 10th), maybe assists (westbrook 3rd), maybe PER (westbrook 1st), maybe it's RPM (westbrook 8th), maybe its win shares (westbrook 5th)

Quote:
. It's an award that is given to the best player, or the player that had the best year. Again, that ain't Westbrook.
how can a player that averaged a triple double while leading the lead in scoring and recording a triple double in over half his games not be the player that had the best year? I'd love to hear your reasoning and who you think the MVP is by your standards
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #27
Sooner04
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One More Rebound View Post
I've got the O/U at 25 a game.
Per game...or per quarter?
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:31 AM   #28
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
Per game...or per quarter?
haha depends

obviously Russ had a bad 4th quarter. But anybody that has watched this season knew this was coming. He was playing one of his better games through 3 quarters (which is saying something) but Houston was still in it and his teammates were not hitting anything. I told my wife in the middle of the third that Russ was going to go hero mode and we would lose.
When he is hot, and his teammaters aren't, he isn't going to be passing it in crunch time. It's what can be so maddening but also what produces some unbelievable feats
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote