ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 01-04-2016, 10:32 PM   #851
ChongoChingi
Walk-on

Default Re: >>>>>>The #1 vs #1 Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardmore_Sooner View Post
I repeat, 10 fouls in 35 minutes.
There were exactly 22 fouls called on both teams
ChongoChingi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #852
Kswhitetail
Role Player

What a game. Tough to put a L in the loss column after that effort. We cant blame the refs for the outcome. For a road game i didnt think it was that terrible. Sure there was some questionable calls but thats life on the road. We had our chances. I like our chances at home and i doubt that cousins can play any worse next time. Have to give it up for Woodard and Buddy. Big shot after big shot. These kids deserved the win but I guarantee you we have earned some respect across the country though.
Kswhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #853
opsooner
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxtothemax12 View Post
Damn we should be 10-15 points better than them in Norman. Hope i'm right, and hope we don't let this linger saturday
Home court won't matter much between these teams other than a few calls here and there. The game in Norman will be another battle.
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #854
Ardmore_Sooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChongoChingi View Post
And your point is? The fact that fouls are even doesn't mean that a game was called fairly.
Ardmore_Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 PM   #855
Laxtothemax12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsooner View Post
Home court won't matter much between these teams other than a few calls here and there. The game in Norman will be another battle.
True. I still think if Cousins plays his normal game we are better than them straight up
Laxtothemax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:46 PM   #856
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
they win there because they are good just like OU in Norman
Absolutely. That, and the officiating, of course.

2 fouls to OU's 9 in three overtimes.

Ellis falls and slides with a rebound, no whistle. Lattin gets shoved after a rebound. Whistled for traveling.

And the key inbounds play, which even the TV talking heads are acknowleding was a bad no-call. Heck, even Mason himself acknowledged it, in roundabout fashion.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:49 PM   #857
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChongoChingi View Post
And there were exactly 2 fouls called on them in 15 minutes of overtime. OU was whistled nine times.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:46 PM   #858
OKUman
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kswhitetail View Post
What a game. Tough to put a L in the loss column after that effort. We cant blame the refs for the outcome. For a road game i didnt think it was that terrible. Sure there was some questionable calls but thats life on the road. We had our chances. I like our chances at home and i doubt that cousins can play any worse next time. Have to give it up for Woodard and Buddy. Big shot after big shot. These kids deserved the win but I guarantee you we have earned some respect across the country though.
Yes big shots under pressure and also three turnovers in critical situations for those two. And what was the call on offense in those last three positions? Dribble around and throw up a shot at the last second?
Old 01-05-2016, 01:52 PM   #859
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Absolutely. That, and the officiating, of course.

2 fouls to OU's 9 in three overtimes.

Ellis falls and slides with a rebound, no whistle. Lattin gets shoved after a rebound. Whistled for traveling.

And the key inbounds play, which even the TV talking heads are acknowleding was a bad no-call. Heck, even Mason himself acknowledged it, in roundabout fashion.
Funny how you don't mention the bad calls in OU's favor.

Mason didn't foul Buddy.

The KU player that drove to the hoop before the over-the-back call that put Lattin at the line was clearly fouled.

The play at the end of the one of the periods where KU set a double pick to get Selden a wide open 3, Buddy tried to shove his way through the screen and smacked a KU guy in the head.

If you have a problem with the way that game was called last night, overall, you will probably have a problem with the way every single OU game is called.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:03 PM   #860
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post

Mason didn't foul Buddy.

The KU player that drove to the hoop before the over-the-back call that put Lattin at the line was clearly fouled.

The play at the end of the one of the periods where KU set a double pick to get Selden a wide open 3, Buddy tried to shove his way through the screen and smacked a KU guy in the head.

If you have a problem with the way that game was called last night, overall, you will probably have a problem with the way every single OU game is called.
Show me one foul or non call that benefitted ou where 4 points were literally taken off the score board like the two egregious goal tends. Those types of missed calls are unacceptable to me.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #861
IndySooner
Starter

Quote:

Mason didn't foul Buddy.

They will call that EVERY time when you slap through the ball on a reach. Doesn't matter if it's clean, it gets called.

The worst call to me (other than the goaltending calls) was the Lattin travel. That was an obvious anticipation call.
IndySooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #862
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:

Mason didn't foul Buddy.

I didn't have any problems with the officiating until the 3rd overtime. Up until that point, I thought it had been an exceptionally well officated game. Mason might not have fouled Buddy, but the missed goal tending call cancelled that out. The only replay they showed of the play where Lattin was fouled was from the overhead camera and it's was impossible to tell if Lattin actually touched him.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #863
WaymanFan
Administrator

Quote:

Mason didn't foul Buddy.

I tend to agree...and yes, Lattin fouled him on the way up. If it wasn't for the refs allowing the KU player to get so close to Buddy on that inbounds pass, I woudn't have a thing to complain about in regards to the officiating. They got some calls and we got some calls. Bill Self got his "T" late in the first half because of a bad call. While I thought it was remarkably hypocritical for any Kansas fan to complain about the officiating on their home court, it was still a bad call.

I thought it was as balanced as reasonably possible until that inbounds play.

This game was a classic which none of us will ever forget. It would be a shame to dwell so much on the officiating of such a well-played game.
WaymanFan is online now   Reply With Quote