ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 02-12-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,473
Default OU vs Top 25

OU will beat #1 Baylor in Norman.. OU already beat #14 West Virginia... OU has a great chance to beat #24 Tech somewhere in Oklahoma in a kind-of home game...

And I would bet on OU to beat:
  • #22 Illinois
  • #20 Houston
  • #25 LSU
  • #21 Iowa
  • #16 Colorado

OU is in this class of team now. They have developed over the year.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:00 PM   #2
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,324
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

I agree. The bench has gotten better. Williams in the starting lineup. Harmon producing a tad more. Kur giving us good minutes.

Good to see them grow.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #3
daqman
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

IMO they have gotten better through addition by subtraction. The better games recently were when the guards shot fewer 3pt attempts. While that's good to a certain extent, playing to one's strength, I don't think necessarily makes us a good team. I disagree with your suggestion that we have "developed".
Without 3pt shooting from the guards, it will make it difficult to win in the post season. But hey, if it gets us some wins over the better teams at home, you can't complain about that. I've said before that if Reaves would just play to his strengths, it would make us better. I still believe that. If he would stick to catch and shoot 3s he might start making a few.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #4
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 3,845
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
But hey, if it gets us some wins over the better teams at home, you can't complain about that.
i'm sure you will find a way
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:32 PM   #5
daqman
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
OU will beat #1 Baylor in Norman.. OU already beat #14 West Virginia... OU has a great chance to beat #24 Tech somewhere in Oklahoma in a kind-of home game...

And I would bet on OU to beat:
  • #22 Illinois
  • #20 Houston
  • #25 LSU
  • #21 Iowa
  • #16 Colorado

OU is in this class of team now. They have developed over the year.
I do have one question for you though. I believe you were saying earlier in the year we just don't have any talent on this team. Do you still think we have no talent? If it wasn't you who said that, I apologize.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #6
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,938
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
i'm sure you will find a way
Outstanding one-sentence post!!
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:33 PM   #7
Soonercpa2011
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 47
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

That was hilarious
Soonercpa2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #8
SoonerJK12
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 296
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
...playing to one's strength, I don't think necessarily makes us a good team. I disagree with your suggestion that we have "developed".
Wuuuuuut. Taking better shots and playing to one's strengths is the definition of development.
SoonerJK12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #9
daqman
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerJK12 View Post
Wuuuuuut. Taking better shots and playing to one's strengths is the definition of development.
I see it more as a restriction.
Development is expanding one's game. I haven't seen the guards doing much expanding. They're still not hitting 3's. How have the guards expanded their games?
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #10
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,473
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
I see it more as a restriction.
Development is expanding one's game. I haven't seen the guards doing much expanding. They're still not hitting 3's. How have the guards expanded their games?
By not taking bad shots. That is development.

Quote:
I do have one question for you though. I believe you were saying earlier in the year we just don't have any talent on this team. Do you still think we have no talent? If it wasn't you who said that, I apologize.
Yea, top to bottom there is a talent problem but they are playing to strengths and the talent is obviously Doolittle and Manek. Those guys are so unique that they make up for the overall talent issue. There isn't another pair like them in the league, maybe not in the country.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #11
SoonerJK12
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 296
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqman View Post
I see it more as a restriction.
Development is expanding one's game. I haven't seen the guards doing much expanding. They're still not hitting 3's. How have the guards expanded their games?
Defense has dramatically improved over the season which you are neglecting. That's probably the biggest area there has been development. But you can keep counting three's, that's fine.
SoonerJK12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:24 PM   #12
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,110
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Those guys are so unique that they make up for the overall talent issue. There isn't another pair like them in the league, maybe not in the country.
As long as Doolittle is scoring. He was all but MIA for a few games until breaking out again against WV.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:47 PM   #13
sheepdogs1
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,066
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
As long as Doolittle is scoring. He was all but MIA for a few games until breaking out again against WV.
Timing is everything.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #14
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,833
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post

OU is in this class of team now. They have developed over the year.
Based on what?

You are letting a good home win against WVU cloud your judgement.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:29 PM   #15
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,615
Default Re: OU vs Top 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
OU will beat #1 Baylor in Norman..
...?
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com