ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 11-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
Eielson
All-Conference

Default ESPN's Emerging Teams

We're getting some love from ESPN. It doesn't say much, so don't worry if you don't have ESPN+, but it picked us as the emerging team from the conference. Just nice to see that we're getting some good publicity.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-jumps-2020-21
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
AdaSooner
Administrator

Default Re: ESPN's Emerging Teams

Are they saying or implying OU may be the surprise of the conference? If so, that’s what I think too.

It makes no sense to totally ignore a team with quality depth that returns 70% of their scoring from last year. If someone emerges as a physical presence on the inside to make up, at least to some extent, of the loss of Doolittle, we’ll have a complete team with the potential to be markedly better than last season. While it’s true there are no superstars. I honestly believe this team could be really good, if they develop the right kind of team chemistry. A big IF, to be sure, but possible nevertheless.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:04 PM   #3
pnkranger
All-American

Default Re: ESPN's Emerging Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Are they saying or implying OU may be the surprise of the conference? If so, that’s what I think too.

It makes no sense to totally ignore a team with quality depth that returns 70% of their scoring from last year. If someone emerges as a physical presence on the inside to make up, at least to some extent, of the loss of Doolittle, we’ll have a complete team with the potential to be markedly better than last season. While it’s true there are no superstars. I honestly believe this team could be really good, if they develop the right kind of team chemistry. A big IF, to be sure, but possible nevertheless.
If Kur has improved enough at team defense and rebounding to stay on the floor, we’ll be just fine...
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote