ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 01-01-2022, 07:23 PM   #26
CoachTalk
National Champion

Default Re: Women’s team

I think gabby is back. That will also help when she’s back in shape.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #27
skyvue
National Champion

Sooner women are #23 in the AP poll this week. They host #12 ISU on Wednesday.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:08 PM   #28
skyvue
National Champion

Anyone know a place to stream women's hoops? Tonight's game against ISU is on Bally, which doesn't work for me.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:24 PM   #29
skyvue
National Champion

The Sooner women had a terrific win today. They were short a player or two (or three, not sure) due to safety protocols and early in the game, KU's height was really giving them fits (the 9-1 Hawks also were hitting just about everything they threw up).

OU fell behind by double digits (16 or 17, I think), and were playing kind of ragged -- nine turnovers in the first quarter. I was on the verge of writing them off -- they really seemed off. But they went on a run in the second to pull within three at the half and outscored KU by eight in both the third and fourth quarters to win on the road by 14.

Madi Williams put up 20 points to become the 12th Sooner all-time to score 1,500 points in their career.

Last edited by skyvue; 01-09-2022 at 09:57 AM.
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 07:56 AM   #30
TINY
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
The Sooner women had a terrific win today. They were short a player or two (or three, not sure) due to safety protocols and early in the game, KU's height was really giving them fits (the 9-1 Hawks also were hitting just about everything they threw up).

OU fell behind by double digits (16 or 17, I think), and were playing kind of ragged -- nine turnovers in the first quarter. I was on the verge of writing them off -- they really seemed off. But they went on a run in the second to pull within three at the half and outscored KU by eight in both the third and fourth quarters to win on the road by 14.

Madi Williams has put up 20 points to become the 12th Sooner all-time to score 1,500 points in their career.
Best team since the Paris twins were on campus.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:01 PM   #31
WaymanFan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Best team since the Paris twins were on campus.
You wouldn't be the first person to forget about the year AFTER the Paris twins graduated. With less pressure to succeed, Danielle Robinson, Amanda Thompson and Abi Olajuwon led them to the Final Four the very next year. Unfortunately, only one of the three wasn't a senior (Robinson), and when she left after the following year, it was really the beginning of the end of the Sherri Coale era.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 02:41 PM   #32
Sooner04
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaymanFan View Post
You wouldn't be the first person to forget about the year AFTER the Paris twins graduated. With less pressure to succeed, Danielle Robinson, Amanda Thompson and Abi Olajuwon led them to the Final Four the very next year. Unfortunately, only one of the three wasn't a senior (Robinson), and when she left after the following year, it was really the beginning of the end of the Sherri Coale era.
Don't forget about Nyeshia Stevenson with the cold-blooded DAGGER against Notre Dame.

Your last sentence is sad. It's amazing how far the program was allowed to fall. I couldn't be happier with the current progress.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 05:27 PM   #33
TINY
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaymanFan View Post
Thanks for the correction, WaymanFan! Amending my statement to the best team since the year after the Paris twins. Coach B is killing it!
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:21 PM   #34
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Thanks for the correction, WaymanFan! Amending my statement to the best team since the year after the Paris twins. Coach B is killing it!
I agree 100%!!!!

After that group graduated, it seemed like SC's recruiting fell dramatically, but was it every good, or did she just luck out with the Paris twins, who helped bring a couple good kids to Oklahoma? I tend to think it's the latter.

This team is good, especially considering they don't have a true serviceable center, which will hurt them against some of the ranked teams, unfortunately. High percentage scoring is something we've needed for years, since Vivi left, and it's looking like next year we may perhaps get it back, with Culliton and Johnson
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:36 PM   #35
scrybe
All-American

Really enjoyed the article ESPN just did on Coach Jennie and the Sooners. Our first-year coach is a classy lady – and much more gracious than some of our fans.
Old 01-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #36
TheMont
Role Player

I, too, am thrilled that Coach Jennie has re-instilled this program with much needed excitement and energy, but it would be a disservice to forget about a couple of other teams since 2009. In 2013, the team was decimated by injuries (including to senior leader Whitney Hand), and SC led them to an impressive sweet 16 run. There were also a couple of teams since then that finished 2nd or 3rd in the conference, were often ranked, and had some all-conference players (Ellenberg, Little, VPL, K. Williams, Hook, etc).

The program has not been a complete dumpster fire for a full decade. Though the past few seasons (while Madi Williams and T-Rob and others went through their growing pains before becoming prolific seniors)were certainly a far cry from the dominant SC years of yore, I will give SC credit for stepping down at an opportune time, allowing for her successor to inherit a loaded, experienced, battle-tested roster. And props to every single player for believing that success was on the horizon and sticking with the program after the coaching change!
TheMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 03:51 PM   #37
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
Really enjoyed the article ESPN just did on Coach Jennie and the Sooners. Our first-year coach is a classy lady – and much more gracious than some of our fans.
link

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-...impact-2021-22
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:47 PM   #38
Soonerinkc
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
Don't forget about Nyeshia Stevenson with the cold-blooded DAGGER against Notre Dame.

Your last sentence is sad. It's amazing how far the program was allowed to fall. I couldn't be happier with the current progress.
agreed...It was LONG overdue...
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:32 AM   #39
OKURanger
Walk-on

Thanks for sharing the link.
OKURanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:00 PM   #40
Soonerinkc
Elite Eight

Great come back win… down 10 beat #13 Baylor.

Taylor R… 5:5 on the 3… broke and took b12 3 pt record
Old 01-12-2022, 08:46 PM   #41
skyvue
National Champion

I didn't get to watch (thanks, Bally), but I listened to the radio broadcast. A great, great win. OU fell behind, 10-0, out of the gate and the best they could do for most of the game was keep it reasonably close. They didn't take the lead for the first time until the fourth quarter and they didn't grab it for good until there were less than two minutes remaining.

We had lots of players in foul trouble, too, but everyone contributed to the win.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:47 PM   #42
sunnyjim48
Walk-on

Skyvue here's some good news maybe. Bally is working on a streaming app which they hope to introduce some time this year. You can then watch Bally programming without cable or Dish or DTV.
About tonight's game: Nevaeh Tot was incredible tonight. What a great little fearless player! She just took the ball away from one of Baylor's bigs who was more than a foot taller.
sunnyjim48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:19 AM   #43
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyjim48 View Post
Skyvue here's some good news maybe. Bally is working on a streaming app which they hope to introduce some time this year. You can then watch Bally programming without cable or Dish or DTV.
About tonight's game: Nevaeh Tot was incredible tonight. What a great little fearless player! She just took the ball away from one of Baylor's bigs who was more than a foot taller.

She was amazing!!! It was looking like Washington would force Tot to the bench earlier in the season, but Tot has forced her way into big contributions. She's very fun to watch.
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:24 AM   #44
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
for OU sports i may not matter ... this is the last 6 months bally will have any rights to OU tier 3 .. unless they renew the contract
Old 01-13-2022, 08:44 AM   #45
skyvue
National Champion

Quote:
Nevaeh Tot was incredible tonight.
Skylar Vann had an amazing game, too: 22 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals and 3 blocks.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:04 AM   #46
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

The game was on a Bally sports channel, just not the one on Bally’s schedule. I’ve learned to search every Bally channel I have access to until I find the game. Last night was no different. I have also learned to stay the course with this team. It’s almost like they get behind double digits points in the score to test my old heart.

One thing is certain, this team will not give up. Once again, OU found a way to win another game when the odds seemed to be stacked against them. As my longtime friend jmizzy likes to say, this team is fun to watch! So is the coach. Joe C hit another home run with this hire!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:37 AM   #47
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Either our coach is a giant or the new Baylor coach is a midget! I'm not sure which is a true statement.

The postgame press conference was funny. At one point Jennie was trying to explain our offense to a reporter and she said, "Just come to practice and I'll show you, but you can't publish it!"

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 09:37 AM   #48
BanjoCharley
Starter

One Baylor fan wrote that they lost their previous game because the other team had a height advantage. She then stated that OU won last night because we had a shortness advantage. I appreciate sports fans who can maintain a sense of humor when their team loses.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:41 PM   #49
Soonerinkc
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
The game was on a Bally sports channel, just not the one on Bally’s schedule. I’ve learned to search every Bally channel I have access to until I find the game. Last night was no different. I have also learned to stay the course with this team. It’s almost like they get behind double digits points in the score to test my old heart.

One thing is certain, this team will not give up. Once again, OU found a way to win another game when the odds seemed to be stacked against them. As my longtime friend jmizzy likes to say, this team is fun to watch! So is the coach. Joe C hit another home run with this hire!
Lol no doubt…glad I only caught 2nd half.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:58 PM   #50
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Either our coach is a giant or the new Baylor coach is a midget! I'm not sure which is a true statement.

The postgame press conference was funny. At one point Jennie was trying to explain our offense to a reporter and she said, "Just come to practice and I'll show you, but you can't publish it!"
coach is 6'1