ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 11-01-2019, 11:53 AM   #126
thebigabd
National Champion

Default Re: Vs. Southeastern OSU

Kur/Merritt/Alondes...How concerned are you with these 3 guys after the exhibition game?
Old 11-01-2019, 12:29 PM   #127
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Kur/Merritt/Alondes...How concerned are you with these 3 guys after the exhibition game?
Kur was the biggest surprise since he's been with the team, but maybe just jitters and he hasn't played a game in over a year. Alondes will find his footing I believe. I don't expect anything from Merritt this year, so that's not a concern of mine.

Definitely going to need Kur more imo, especially if Hill keeps playing this well.
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:48 PM   #128
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Reasons I am worried.....

The team gave up 76 points Southeastern Oklahoma.
They only won the rebounding battle by 3 rebounds.
11 assists and 7 turnovers.... eh
  • Alondes Williams didn't score
  • Kur Kuath had 2 points
  • Corbin Merritt played 2 minutes
  • The bench scored 23 points... That means the primary starters were heavily relied on just to win the game. Starters had to stay in the game and score about 70 points.

Were there bright spots? Sure? Harmon looked great, Hill looked good, and Manek played like you would expect Manek to play against Southeastern Oklahoma. I am positive Harmon is going to be a really good player, but lets not forget he was facing off against Adam Dworsky. Who is a 5'10'' math major playing point guard, and a 6'5'' forward put up 25 points and 7 rebounds on team that is supposedly big, athletic, strong, etc... Those stats wouldn't matter if the game wasn't competitive. If OU won by 35 or something it wouldn't matter.

But I see a lot of risk of more scholarship players unable to contribute in a meaningful way again, no defense, bad rebounding, etc. Those are the things that have plagued Kruger teams these last few years.
tap the breaks man. We've looked terrible before in exhibitions. GIve it a couple real games before the doom and gloom
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #129
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
I've been concerned about Merritt since we signed him. I don't think he ever sees the floor.
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #130
thebigabd
National Champion

My less than cheery attitude could be in part because I am under the weather.

Perhaps it made me grumpy.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:00 PM   #131
OULad
Role Player

Hard to take much away from an exhibition game in October. The team is young, but should be pretty good by Mid-December.
OULad is offline   Reply With Quote