ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2023, 07:08 AM   #1
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 10,231
Default OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

from our friends at SoonerScoop

Moser


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIyvGql92oQ
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:08 AM   #2
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmZKpPeXt_Y


Los Uzan
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:09 AM   #3
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Oweh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XExpmFk8vlA
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:09 AM   #4
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Godwin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn5ikZesl08
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:51 AM   #5
Abe
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 131
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Thanks to Sooner Scoop and to you also for the posts. Sounds very optimistic by the players.
Sounds like Luke may surprise some of our posters.
Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:56 AM   #6
allday92
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 896
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe View Post
Thanks to Sooner Scoop and to you also for the posts. Sounds very optimistic by the players.
Sounds like Luke may surprise some of our posters.
Yup, I have high hopes for him. Fluid athlete for his size, but will need to bulk up a little to get to his more natural position on defense...center.
allday92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:01 AM   #7
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 16,058
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
Finally! A ray of hope from someone who has seen Luke Northweather play, says he is a baller who can do everything on the floor. “You guys are going to be surprised!”

Sam Godwin is confirming what I was saying several months ago when I asked on two occasions if a highly related recruit who would be coming off of a redshirt season had a chance to contribute? The “experts” here shot that idea down in a hurry!

I’m encouraged by what I have seen and heard in Boulder’s video report! I don’t know about you guys, but I’m excited about the season ahead!

BOOMER SOONER!!!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 10:57 AM   #8
WichitaSooner
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,085
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Finally! A ray of hope from someone who has seen Luke Northweather play, says he is a baller who can do everything on the floor. ďYou guys are going to be surprised!Ē

Sam Godwin is confirming what I was saying several months ago when I asked on two occasions if a highly related recruit who would be coming off of a redshirt season had a chance to contribute? The ďexpertsĒ here shot that idea down in a hurry!

Iím encouraged by what I have seen and heard in Boulderís video report! I donít know about you guys, but Iím excited about the season ahead!

BOOMER SOONER!!!
So something that a teammate said in front of cameras is proof? Come on Ada, you're smarter than that. These media sessions are always the same, for every team, every year. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with players and coaches putting a positive spin on things, but it's pretty much meaningless. I mean, can you ever remember a time when a player or coach has said, "you know, so-and-so really doesn't look very good, he will probably not contribute much"? If offseason comments were gospel, Bam would have been throwing down dunks and making athletic plays last season, Hill would have been knocking down threes, and the brothers Grove would have taken a big leap from the previous year.

I really wish the reporters had followed up on Cole's status. That type of info is about the only useful stuff that can come out of these media sessions. Otherwise, it is just a lot of talk about how everyone has gotten stronger and more athletic. I don't think Luke is any less of a mystery today than he was before these comments.

I did note Moser's comments about the team's length and athleticism, and I think it's clear that he emphasized that in recruiting. That's encouraging, though it remains to be seen how skilled guys like Soares and Moore are, and whether we actually take advantage of the athleticism. I also thought it was interesting that he referred to those two guys as wings.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:08 AM   #9
TINY
All-American
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,428
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Finally! A ray of hope from someone who has seen Luke Northweather play, says he is a baller who can do everything on the floor. ďYou guys are going to be surprised!Ē

Sam Godwin is confirming what I was saying several months ago when I asked on two occasions if a highly related recruit who would be coming off of a redshirt season had a chance to contribute? The ďexpertsĒ here shot that idea down in a hurry!

Iím encouraged by what I have seen and heard in Boulderís video report! I donít know about you guys, but Iím excited about the season ahead!

BOOMER SOONER!!!
Very encouraging update from the big man from Ada! Loved hearing about Hugley/Northweather and the athleticism and fast-paced style change
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 12:42 PM   #10
hoopsaustin
National Champion
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 7,810
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Very encouraging update from the big man from Ada! Loved hearing about Hugley/Northweather and the athleticism and fast-paced style change
Its all talk right now.. but im loving the talk that I'm hearing.
__________________
Sam Houston State 26-8 and NIT appearance
OU 15-17. No postseason
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:25 PM   #11
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 16,058
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
So something that a teammate said in front of cameras is proof? Come on Ada, you're smarter than that. These media sessions are always the same, for every team, every year. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with players and coaches putting a positive spin on things, but it's pretty much meaningless. I mean, can you ever remember a time when a player or coach has said, "you know, so-and-so really doesn't look very good, he will probably not contribute much"? If offseason comments were gospel, Bam would have been throwing down dunks and making athletic plays last season, Hill would have been knocking down threes, and the brothers Grove would have taken a big leap from the previous year.

I really wish the reporters had followed up on Cole's status. That type of info is about the only useful stuff that can come out of these media sessions. Otherwise, it is just a lot of talk about how everyone has gotten stronger and more athletic. I don't think Luke is any less of a mystery today than he was before these comments.

I did note Moser's comments about the team's length and athleticism, and I think it's clear that he emphasized that in recruiting. That's encouraging, though it remains to be seen how skilled guys like Soares and Moore are, and whether we actually take advantage of the athleticism. I also thought it was interesting that he referred to those two guys as wings.
So, if I take the word of someone like you who refuses to admit you have a personal agenda and ignore what an intelligent, honest young man I happen to know personally had to say, that makes me smart? Gotcha!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:36 PM   #12
WichitaSooner
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,085
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
So, if I take the word of someone like you who refuses to admit you have a personal agenda and ignore what an intelligent, honest young man I happen to know personally had to say, that makes me smart? Gotcha!
When have I asked you to take my word on anything? I could not care less what you think of me.

I'm glad that Godwin has the Ada seal of approval as intelligent and honest. I also notice that, like usual, you can't dispute my points, which is that preseason is always full of glowing talk from every team. So, instead, you take a shot at my "personal agenda." My agenda is this: I want the basketball program to not continue sinking.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 03:26 PM   #13
hoopsaustin
National Champion
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 7,810
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
When have I asked you to take my word on anything? I could not care less what you think of me.

I'm glad that Godwin has the Ada seal of approval as intelligent and honest. I also notice that, like usual, you can't dispute my points, which is that preseason is always full of glowing talk from every team. So, instead, you take a shot at my "personal agenda." My agenda is this: I want the basketball program to not continue sinking.
Wichita, dude, take a breather. Im sure all are aware that there is pre-season puffery. That said, even if the board takes the bait hook, line, and sinker and then the year is a disaster, isnt that okay? Who cares? Most messageboards do that.. see OU football board pre-2022 season. Why is it your quest to go so hard and dash all hopes? I'm sure you could remind everyone to keep their perspectives in check without going full-nuclear
__________________
Sam Houston State 26-8 and NIT appearance
OU 15-17. No postseason
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 05:19 PM   #14
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,928
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
Wichita, dude, take a breather. Im sure all are aware that there is pre-season puffery. That said, even if the board takes the bait hook, line, and sinker and then the year is a disaster, isnt that okay? Who cares? Most messageboards do that.. see OU football board pre-2022 season. Why is it your quest to go so hard and dash all hopes? I'm sure you could remind everyone to keep their perspectives in check without going full-nuclear
This. It's gotten to where I read a post like Ada's and think, "Uh oh, here comes Wichita." And sure enough, there you are--virtually every time.

Why not put it in neutral for a few weeks? The team is set; we have our players. Adopting a wait-and-see attitude won't hurt for a while; you can always shift back into Moser-bashing gear if and when the team disappoints.
__________________
ďWhen most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.Ē
óDr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 06:03 PM   #15
Eielson
All-American
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,215
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

I think it's time to ban Kevin Kruger's burner account.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:41 PM   #16
CMSOONER
All-Conference
 
CMSOONER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,632
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
This. It's gotten to where I read a post like Ada's and think, "Uh oh, here comes Wichita.".
Quite literally had this exact same thought.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:09 PM   #17
WichitaSooner
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,085
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
This. It's gotten to where I read a post like Ada's and think, "Uh oh, here comes Wichita." And sure enough, there you are--virtually every time.

Why not put it in neutral for a few weeks? The team is set; we have our players. Adopting a wait-and-see attitude won't hurt for a while; you can always shift back into Moser-bashing gear if and when the team disappoints.
Sorry for expressing my opinion on a message board. How awful of me.

Tell you what, Iíll just stop posting. Iíll let all the sunshine pumpers drool and have fun during another crappy season. Enjoy.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:14 AM   #18
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,633
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I think it's time to ban Kevin Kruger's burner account.
lol
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:15 AM   #19
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,633
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Sorry for expressing my opinion on a message board. How awful of me.

Tell you what, Iíll just stop posting. Iíll let all the sunshine pumpers drool and have fun during another crappy season. Enjoy.
Thank you
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 07:56 AM   #20
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,968
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Sorry for expressing my opinion on a message board. How awful of me.

Tell you what, Iíll just stop posting. Iíll let all the sunshine pumpers drool and have fun during another crappy season. Enjoy.
Promise?
CoachTalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 08:16 AM   #21
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 16,058
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Promise?
Three days tops!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:41 PM   #22
Dr Sleep
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 493
Default Re: OU video Moser/Uzan/Godwin/Oweh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
So something that a teammate said in front of cameras is proof? Come on Ada, you're smarter than that. These media sessions are always the same, for every team, every year. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with players and coaches putting a positive spin on things, but it's pretty much meaningless. I mean, can you ever remember a time when a player or coach has said, "you know, so-and-so really doesn't look very good, he will probably not contribute much"? If offseason comments were gospel, Bam would have been throwing down dunks and making athletic plays last season, Hill would have been knocking down threes, and the brothers Grove would have taken a big leap from the previous year.

I really wish the reporters had followed up on Cole's status. That type of info is about the only useful stuff that can come out of these media sessions. Otherwise, it is just a lot of talk about how everyone has gotten stronger and more athletic. I don't think Luke is any less of a mystery today than he was before these comments.

I did note Moser's comments about the team's length and athleticism, and I think it's clear that he emphasized that in recruiting. That's encouraging, though it remains to be seen how skilled guys like Soares and Moore are, and whether we actually take advantage of the athleticism. I also thought it was interesting that he referred to those two guys as wings.
True, but instead of saying something bad they say something like "he is plugging away" "working hard" "watch out when his body matures" "learning the game" "adjusting to the D1 level."
__________________
Dr Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com