ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 08-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
thebigabd
National Champion

Default Lot's of talk about Kuath, Victor, Harmon, Doolittle... but don't forget JB

JB could end up being the best all around player on the team, and he doesn't get a whole lot of attention..

He is 6'4''
Shot 40.3% from the 3pt line
Had 119 assists, which easily led the team
Steals the ball a Big 12-best 3.76 percent of the defensive possessions he's on the floor, according to KenPom.

So he can shoot, pass, and defend at a high level... and that was as a true freshman playing behind a bunch of 5th year seniors, Christian James, etc. His role was limited last year.

I expect his points and rebounds to double this year... making him a 10ppg and 4rpg guy as a sophomore.. I could even see him being 12-13ppg depending on how good Williams and Reaves are.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
CoachTalk
Final Four

Default Re: Lot's of talk about Kuath, Victor, Harmon, Doolittle... but don't forge

Agree. 100%. He could most improved. He has a chance to make a huge leap.
With DH taking over majority of PG spot. Jamal is going to be able to score.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:46 PM   #3
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: Lot's of talk about Kuath, Victor, Harmon, Doolittle... but don't forge

I considered him our second best overall player for the second half of last season, though I know Manek had a legitimate claim to that title. Love JB and think he is going to be a stud. Not sure if he surpass Doo and Reaves this coming season, but can't wait to watch him over the rest of his career.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #4
AdaSooner
Administrator

When was the last time we had a preseason MVP discussion with three or more candidates on the list? Add Reaves to the list, and that brings the number to four. Harmon might even get a vote or two if we polled our members.

Definitely not a bad problem to have!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
coolm
National Champion

If Alondes Williams arrives Saturday I wouldn't rule him out for close to double digit average scoring either. He's "busy" like that. He's got a knack for getting around the rim and finding a teammate or dropping a nice little bucket with a lot of finishing moves. That's why I've been anxious to see if he makes it in.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #6
Eielson
Starter

I'd be shocked if Kuath or Victor were better than JB this season. JB looked very good at the end of the year.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #7
BCSooners
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I'd be shocked if Kuath or Victor were better than JB this season. JB looked very good at the end of the year.
No doubt about that. I just hope those 2 provide a quality 30-35 minutes. I think this team will be really balanced to where I hope JB doesn’t put too much pressure on himself to score (like CJ’s sophomore year).
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #8
daqman
Walk-on

JB is probably the least of my concerns this season.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:51 PM   #9
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

JB is an intangibles guy. And he does little things that don't go in the stat sheet. Very heady player. Only thing he needs is more assertiveness shooting the ball. Solid player. Give me 5 bienemys

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:33 AM   #10
BoulderSooner
Administrator

JB is a very good basketball player

that said i will be very suprised if he is one of our top 3 players this season
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 07:02 AM   #11
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
JB is a very good basketball player

that said i will be very suprised if he is one of our top 3 players this season
If JB is your 4th or 5th best player, you probably have a really good team.