ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 01-06-2021, 10:00 PM   #101
Soonerinkc
Sweet 16

Default Re: Game Thread OU @ #2 Baylor 8pm CST ESPN2

well, not a 10 pt difference...played good at times bu played better. Couple of times we got stuck in the dribble around until 4 sec left then throw it up.

Hopefully a better showing Sat against ku.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:02 PM   #102
Soonerinkc
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsooner View Post
We won the second half. I know it doesnít mean much but I like that we still put in the effort and never quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah, I don't think this team will lay down...Manek has a tendency to take himself out (definitely last yr but better this year)
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:27 AM   #103
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Nice dunk on the last play!
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:33 AM   #104
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
yeah, I don't think this team will lay down...Manek has a tendency to take himself out (definitely last yr but better this year)
Maybe not as bad, but heís still doing it. He had zero points on 0-4 shooting and 1 rebound at the half. He finally hit four shots late when the game was practically over and finished with 12 points and 3 rebounds.

Every shooter has games when they canít hit shots sometimes. But, there is no excuse for poor defense. When Brady is not making shots and the player heís guarding is scoring almost at will, heís a liability. To say he is not a good defender is an understatement. Even more troubling to me, I think he has the potential to defend a lot better if he improved his footwork and didnít take plays off.

There, I said it! Pile on if you want.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:40 AM   #105
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Maybe not as bad, but heís still doing it. He had zero points on 0-4 shooting and 1 rebound at the half. He finally hit four shots late when the game was practically over and finished with 12 points and 3 rebounds.

Every shooter has games when they canít hit shots sometimes. But, there is no excuse for poor defense. When Brady is not making shots and the player heís guarding is scoring almost at will, heís a liability. To say he is not a good defender is an understatement. Even more troubling to me, I think he has the potential to defend a lot better if he improved his footwork and didnít take plays off.

And possibly a concussion. that was a bad fall and the back of his head hit the floor hard

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:59 AM   #106
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
And possibly a concussion. that was a bad fall and the back of his head hit the floor hard
Good point. That happened so early in the game I forgot about it.

If Brady was playing with an injury, I will feel awful for criticizing him. But he tends to take himself out of games when he’s not making shots so often, it’s a pattern some of us have come to expect. I stand by my comments about his defense.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:18 AM   #107
steverocks35
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
If he had a concussion then it was irresponsible for the medical staff to allow him back on the floor.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:40 AM   #108
steverocks35
Elite Eight

By the way, we have lost 6 games in a row to Baylor.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:09 AM   #109
sheepdogs1
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post

Opposing defenses from the start of the game dictate whether Brady will be making shots or not. Either they will let him camp out on the perimeter uncovered or they will attempt to defend him and when they do his offensive game dwindles to one handed shots taken from relatively close to the basket and put backs. Conference defense tends to be more restrictive than non-con games thus we should expect more of the same.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:22 AM   #110
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
By the way, we have lost 6 games in a row to Baylor.
I donít see that changing anytime soon. The days of two automatic wins against the Bears may be over.

Truth is, there are no automatic wins in the Big 12 anymore. Even winning at home this season is tougher.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:31 AM   #111
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
Opposing defenses from the start of the game dictate whether Brady will be making shots or not. Either they will let him camp out on the perimeter uncovered or they will attempt to defend him and when they do his offensive game dwindles to one handed shots taken from relatively close to the basket and put backs. Conference defense tends to be more restrictive than non-con games thus we should expect more of the same.
Agreed. Our conference foes know one of Bradyís greatest strengths is that heís capable of making shots (sometimes tough shots) from behind the arc. They also know what happens if they make him miss those shots.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:58 AM   #112
inoref
All-American

Baylor is good real good this year, not sure I would put them at the same level as Kansas just yet. Yeah for they look better this year but let's see if they can maintain it year after year....Not saying it would make me unhappy if kansas were to fall behind Baylor. Is the fan support at Baylor that much better than out OU? The difference in talent level is very easy to see...at least last night
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:06 PM   #113
BCSooners
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
Baylor is good real good this year, not sure I would put them at the same level as Kansas just yet. Yeah for they look better this year but let's see if they can maintain it year after year....Not saying it would make me unhappy if kansas were to fall behind Baylor. Is the fan support at Baylor that much better than out OU? The difference in talent level is very easy to see...at least last night
The integrity of Baylor will make sure I never pull for them on any level. I know KU has no moral compass as well, but they are on completely different levels.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:56 PM   #114
pnkranger
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
Way better depth than Kansas had last year. Maybe not the top end ability, but they'll be more consistent.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote