ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 01-06-2021, 10:36 PM   #26
steverocks35
Elite Eight

Default Re: Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
manek 0'fer 3 from the 3...down 2/10 15 min left

Oh, guess Reaves is not play PG...at least not bringing ball up..Harmon is.
Yeah I watched the game on tape delay. Not really fair to judge Reavesís point guard play in this game since he really didnít play point and we didnít belong in the same gym with them. The talent disparity was glaring. I felt like Baylor was toying with us the whole game. They barely broke a sweat, got any shot they wanted, and we were scrambling all over the court just to get a shot off. We did not look good at all.

Reaves did have 5 assists and 4 turnovers so if we are going by the letter of my earlier statement then I have to say I was wrong and he can play point.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:52 PM   #27
Soonerinkc
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
Yeah I watched the game on tape delay. Not really fair to judge Reavesís point guard play in this game since he really didnít play point and we didnít belong in the same gym with them. The talent disparity was glaring. I felt like Baylor was toying with us the whole game. They barely broke a sweat, got any shot they wanted, and we were scrambling all over the court just to get a shot off. We did not look good at all.

Reaves did have 5 assists and 4 turnovers so if we are going by the letter of my earlier statement then I have to say I was wrong and he can play point.
lol...well, I wouldn't say he played "point" very much...but honestly, with our "offense" not much of a 1 point guy...

Agree with the talent disparity...I like Lon. Recruiting is not his strong suite...or calling TO's...
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #28
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
Yeah I watched the game on tape delay. Not really fair to judge Reaves’s point guard play in this game since he really didn’t play point and we didn’t belong in the same gym with them. The talent disparity was glaring. I felt like Baylor was toying with us the whole game. They barely broke a sweat, got any shot they wanted, and we were scrambling all over the court just to get a shot off. We did not look good at all.

He also had 19 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals and a block. Not a bad performance in a game where no one in the C&C played well. Da’Vion was definitely one of them.

You were right about one thing. OU was overmatched, especially in shooting. OU was 4 of 24 from three point range. Baylor was 10 of 24. An 18 point difference.

I’ll repeat an observation I had on the game thread last night. OU has players who take shots. Baylor has players who make shots.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:28 AM   #29
Stikboy
All-Conference

I thought Kruger said OU was going to be an improved shooting team this year?
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:57 PM   #30
Kewllane
Walk-on

Hard to be improved at shooting when your best playmaker (Reaves) can't shoot 3's anymore, and the player who was supposed to be your best player overall (Manek), goes into a shell when playing good teams.

I feel like I say this every year (not on this board though), that I'm so glad "blank" is a senior because it's clear they can't live up to their potential. Been an issue under Kruger ever since he's been here, save for Buddy's senior team.

I'll get blasted for saying this, but Kruger's track record at OU for developing players is really poor, except for Buddy and Isaiah's teams. Really, that 2016 team is kind of his saving grace.

And I say that as someone who likes Kruger, but eventually you have to call it what it is.
Kewllane is offline   Reply With Quote