ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 01-18-2023, 10:26 PM   #251
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Default Re: OU @ osu 8pm CST on ESPNU

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
And...? Yeah that FT is pathetic. I think you think you're making a point here.
the point is bryce is not very good he just had a good game
BoulderSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:27 PM   #252
stormspencer
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUsky View Post
Moser, please go get some athletic bigs for next season and a 3 who can score.
In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit....Amen.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:27 PM   #253
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
Boulder, I don't know if the sky is falling, but I have a hard time saying that our "trajectory" is good. And I realize there is nothing we can do to fix it this year....from a roster standpoint. Until Moser decides to recruit a higher level athlete, we can expect some nights like this. This was a bit of an outlier tonight, but when you have very little margin for error because of the lack of athleticism/skill, things can get out of hand more easily. Candidly, until we improve our athleticism, we can expect to finish in the bottom half of the B12 and enjoy our NIT appearances.
i largely agree with this .

i would say that moser is recruiting a better class of athlete then OU has in a long time ..
Old 01-18-2023, 10:31 PM   #254
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Quote:
Much like the football team, we create outliers
The similarities between the two programs are definitely there. We are in a real danger zone. We’ve gotten to the point where a large number of fans of both teams take pride in our “close” losses and fool themselves into thinking we are “so close” to having a very good record. And we keep seeing the “it just takes time” excuse, even though both coaches inherited good situations and even though every coach has an opportunity to remake the roster as quickly as he wants through the portal. Hill is the only player on this team to play for the prior staff. This is Moser’s team, so whether we are taking about the talent level, system, or execution, there is no excuse for acting as if his hands are tied.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:32 PM   #255
hoopsaustin
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
the point is bryce is not very good he just had a good game
Yeah. Agreed. Like when i said meh earlier about him..
Old 01-18-2023, 10:34 PM   #256
hoopsaustin
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
The similarities between the two programs are definitely there. We are in a real danger zone. We’ve gotten to the point where a large number of fans of both teams take pride in our “close” losses and fool themselves into thinking we are “so close” to having a very good record. And we keep seeing the “it just takes time” excuse, even though both coaches inherited good situations and even though every coach has an opportunity to remake the roster as quickly as he wants through the portal. Hill is the only player on this team to play for the prior staff. This is Moser’s team, so whether we are taking about the talent level, system, or execution, there is no excuse for acting as if his hands are tied.
At least OSU is doing worse.. their season is likely already over and they may fire their lame coach
Old 01-18-2023, 10:39 PM   #257
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player

Quote:
At least OSU is doing worse.. their season is likely already over and they may fire their lame coach

Boynton won’t be fired. No 9 recruiting class will save his job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:55 PM   #258
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator

Quote:
the move to the SEC will help OU basketball

being in one of the statistically best conf of the modern era doesn't help much
Old 01-18-2023, 11:07 PM   #259
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
the move to the SEC will help OU basketball

being in one of the statistically best conf of the modern era doesn't help much
The Big 12 is definitely the best conference, but what’s worrisome is that the SEC is the most athletic. They have more lottery picks and super talented players than the Big 12. We will need to completely reshape our roster to be able to hold our own athletically. But you’re right in that the league overall isn’t as deep. I just hope we’re good enough for it to matter.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:11 PM   #260
OklaSooners
Walk-on

Looking at the schedule. This team is finishing 14-18 most likely.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:50 PM   #261
hoopsaustin
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms View Post

Meh. Largely bc its a big class. He's straight robbing osu IMO. Only thing he's ever done is hire cade's bro
Old 01-19-2023, 06:15 AM   #262
opsooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklaSooners View Post
Looking at the schedule. This team is finishing 14-18 most likely.

Ya; it’s going to take a big and sudden change to convince me now that we will win any more road games and I know we will drop several more at home as well. 14-18 is possible. I think we still have a chance to win a few more than that but I am not confident. My hope for 9-9 in conference is long gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 06:52 AM   #263
sdcloud9
Starter

OSU is a bad matchup for OU just due to OSU's athleticism.

Had OU played a good first half, the Sooners would have been up 15 but they didn't take advantage of OSU's poor first half and kept OSU in the game. Then OSU played maybe their best 10 minutes of the year in the second half.

OU hadn't really had a clunker in the Big 12 and picked a bad night to do it in a game they really needed to win.
sdcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 06:53 AM   #264
sdcloud9
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms View Post

Best 10 minutes I have seen OSU play this year in the second half. I know consistency has been a big issue but that run was pretty impressive.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:00 AM   #265
Boom Soon
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcloud9 View Post
OSU is a bad matchup for OU just due to OSU's athleticism.

Had OU played a good first half, the Sooners would have been up 15 but they didn't take advantage of OSU's poor first half and kept OSU in the game. Then OSU played maybe their best 10 minutes of the year in the second half.

OU hadn't really had a clunker in the Big 12 and picked a bad night to do it in a game they really needed to win.
Isn't every team a bad matchup for OU because of athleticism?
Boom Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 07:00 AM   #266
Boom Soon
Walk-on

Well atleast it wasn't another heart-breaking close loss.

I just don't understand how you don't go into the second half pumped up and ready to play. It's Bedlam, you're up six, have a chance to win two in a row and get some momentum. I'm not sure who to blame.

In some respects, it feels like the same OU team for the last five years.

Last edited by Boom Soon; 01-19-2023 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:53 AM   #267
sdcloud9
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Soon View Post
Isn't every team a bad matchup for OU because of athleticism?
True, lol.
But maybe OSU more than others just because of their athletic bigs.
Old 01-19-2023, 08:20 AM   #268
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Soon View Post
Well atleast it wasn't another heart-breaking close loss.

I just don't understand how you don't go into the second half pumped up and ready to play. It's Bedlam, you're up six, have a chance to win two in a row and get some momentum. I'm not sure who to blame.

In some respects, it feels like the same OU team for the last five years.
When a team is unprepared and lethargic, it’s usually pretty clear who to blame.

I saw Hill comment after the game that the team didn’t seem ready to play in the second half, and he took some blame and said it’ll never happen again while he is at OU. I respect him for saying that, but he isn’t the one in charge. I haven’t been watching Moser postgame because it was all starting to sound the same a few games back. But for those who have, I have a genuine question: does he ever say that he, personally, needs to get better and make changes? Self is as good as there is at getting his teams good shots late in games, yet after the KSU game, which was a rare occasion when they didn’t get a quality shot (or any shot) with the game on the line, he point blank said “that’s on me, I need to do a better job.” No cliches about the players needing to “fight for the extra inch” or execute better. Put it directly on himself. Maybe Moser has been doing that, but if not, he needs to start.
Old 01-19-2023, 08:58 AM   #269
Swans
Role Player

9 offensive rebounds to 3 and 11 second chance points to 0.
Swans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 10:06 AM   #270
Boom Soon
Walk-on

Quote:
When a team is unprepared and lethargic, it’s usually pretty clear who to blame.

I saw Hill comment after the game that the team didn’t seem ready to play in the second half, and he took some blame and said it’ll never happen again while he is at OU. I respect him for saying that, but he isn’t the one in charge. I haven’t been watching Moser postgame because it was all starting to sound the same a few games back. But for those who have, I have a genuine question: does he ever say that he, personally, needs to get better and make changes? Self is as good as there is at getting his teams good shots late in games, yet after the KSU game, which was a rare occasion when they didn’t get a quality shot (or any shot) with the game on the line, he point blank said “that’s on me, I need to do a better job.” No cliches about the players needing to “fight for the extra inch” or execute better. Put it directly on himself. Maybe Moser has been doing that, but if not, he needs to start.
I don't think he comes out and says it. And from the looks of it I wouldn't say much has changed, as far as the same ole same ole mistakes. The team normally plays hard, so this game is an anomaly in that regard. But it was an anomaly that couldn't have struck at a worse time.