ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 06-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #2576
scrybe
All-American

Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
Conrad's final three before signing with Missouri included Florida Atlantic and Boston College. Doesn't sound like OU was recruiting her out of high school. I understand why she or anyone would want to transfer here, but is she just filling the space created by Dalton's leaving?

Do you really believe that Patty Gasso needs to recruit a player just "to fill space?"
Old 06-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #2577
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
Do you really believe that Patty Gasso needs to recruit a player just "to fill space?"
Agreed. SMH.
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #2578
gwydion
Walk-on

You can take it that way or you can take it would she have accepted her request to transfer to OU if there was not a space cause Dalton was still here. Everybody loves to interpret the negative.
gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #2579
SoonerTraveler
Elite Eight

Under the rules, "Filling a Space" or "Taking a Spot" on the roster is not really an issue. There is no maximum limit to the number of players that can be included on a college softball team listed in the NCAA rule book.

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showpost.ph...postcount=2528

There is a scholarship limit: 12
Old 06-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #2580
skyvue
Elite Eight

If you guys haven't seen it, I recommend you check out the video in the story I'm linking to below of Paige Parker throwing heat to Drew Butera, Kansas City's backup catcher, the night she threw out the first pitch at a Royals game.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211632260

Also, Shay Knighten has been nominated for an ESPY Award in the Best Championship Performance category.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211633493

Last edited by skyvue; 06-27-2017 at 03:40 PM.
skyvue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #2581
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
If you guys haven't seen it, I recommend you check out the video in the story I'm linking to below of Paige Parker throwing heat to Drew Butera, Kansas City's backup catcher, the night she threw out the first pitch at a Royals game.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211632260

Also, Shay Knighten has been nominated for an ESPY Award in the Best Championship Performance category.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211633493
Thanks for posting!
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Old 06-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #2582
scrybe
All-American

I guess most of you have heard the rumors that Auburn catcher Carlee Wallace, who is transferring out of that program for her senior year, is headed to Baylor. At least that's what's being reported by someone over at robocoach.com.

Wallace is a great hitter as well as being very good behind the plate.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:58 AM   #2583
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
I guess most of you have heard the rumors that Auburn catcher Carlee Wallace, who is transferring out of that program for her senior year, is headed to Baylor. At least that's what's being reported by someone over at robocoach.com.

Wallace is a great hitter as well as being very good behind the plate.
Didn't know where she was transferring to but that will make Hypocrite U better. Didn't Selman graduate this year?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #2584
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
Didn't know where she was transferring to but that will make Hypocrite U better. Didn't Selman graduate this year?
Like I said, Wallace-to-Baylor is apparently not official yet, but I'm guessing from some of the things I've read that it's a pretty good possibility.

And, yes, Selman was a senior this past season. She played two years at LSU before transferring to Baylor for her final two seasons.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #2585
Delta Sooner
Walk-on

If she winds up at Baylor, I think it's a great thing. Patty has our program at an elite level and the only things hurting it currently are the league and our facilities. This addition would make Baylor a great team and give them an even better chance of going back to the world series. Competition makes everyone stronger. I say bring it on.
Delta Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:24 AM   #2586
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Sooner View Post
If she winds up at Baylor, I think it's a great thing. Patty has our program at an elite level and the only things hurting it currently are the league and our facilities. This addition would make Baylor a great team and give them an even better chance of going back to the world series. Competition makes everyone stronger. I say bring it on.
Wholeheartedly agree, Delta. I wish every program in the Big 12 would upgrade their talent level.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #2587
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

If you haven't seen this video of Paige "knocking over" the Royal's major league catcher, you will enjoy watching it:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-o...000647330.html

Its fun to watch, and everyone there seemed to be amazed - and impressed - and enjoying themselves..
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:56 PM   #2588
SoonerSpock
All-American

Quote:
Wholeheartedly agree, Delta. I wish every program in the Big 12 would upgrade their talent level.

Glenn Moore at Baylor is doing everything he can to get to OU's level. He just has a ways to go.

Texas recently hired Tripp MacKay which is a statement that they are trying to improve but with Patty beginning to sign some of the top Texas talent Connie Clark's job at Texas has gotten a lot tougher. Also the pukes in Stoolwater have taken a major step forward with the hiring of Kenny Gajewski. He has made the puke a whole lot better quickly and I think will soon to be pushing the Sooners in the B-12.

I expect ISU, Kansas and Tech to continue to linger at the bottom of the conference although we did see some major improvement from ISU this year in Jamie Trachsel's first year on the job. She was very successful at North Dakota State.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 06-30-2017 at 02:00 PM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #2589
SoonerTraveler
Elite Eight

New article at Soonersports.com ...

Quote:
Mariah Lopez has been added to the 2017 USA Softball Junior Women's National Training Team, which competes this week at the World Cup of Softball in Oklahoma City.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211642190

World Cup of Softball XII
July 5-9, 2017
USA Softball Hall of Fame Complex

http://www.teamusa.org/usa-softball/...f-softball-xii

Last edited by SoonerTraveler; 07-04-2017 at 01:28 PM.
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:33 AM   #2590
sybarite
National Champion

http://profastpitch.com/news/news/?article_id=2896
Lauren hit two home runs, and Keilani pitched a shutout.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote