ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #301
tycat947
Elite Eight

Default Re: Softball

I see that Hypocrite U swept (2 games) the whorns in Wacko over the weekend. Third game will be in Austin later in season. I think the key to winning Big 12 again, will be series against Hypocrites in Wacko, weekend after next. Hope our pitching is ready!
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #302
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
I see that Hypocrite U swept (2 games) the whorns in Wacko over the weekend. Third game will be in Austin later in season. I think the key to winning Big 12 again, will be series against Hypocrites in Wacko, weekend after next. Hope our pitching is ready!
I watched the second game. Baylor didn't win. Texas lost. Baylor scored a run on a strikeout when the catcher dropped the ball. She threw to the first baseman, who wasn't looking. The ball went down into the right field corner, and nobody went after it until the catcher yelled at them. By the time the rightfielder retrieved the ball, it was an inside-the-park home run, on a strikeout. This was the type of defense that Texas played the entire game. Baylor scored two in the bottom of the seventh for the win on errors.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #303
sybarite
National Champion

6:30 Wednesday Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State in OKC It is being televised on FOX. Two different channels on Uverse in Dallas are carrying it: 751 and 648.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:25 PM   #304
OUFinalFour
Walk-on

Hopefully, the weather won't interfere with the game tomorrow night.
OUFinalFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:47 PM   #305
scrybe
All-American

Let's kick some aggie hiney.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:58 PM   #306
sybarite
National Champion

Baylor is playing a double-header against Louisiana-Lafayette in Waco. Baylor won the first, 2-0. The second is 4-3 Louisiana--Lafayette in the seventh due to a grand slam home run by Vincent. Louisiana-Lafayette is rated #4, #5, or with an rpi of #4. Baylor is #14 rpi. That's a final, 4-3, split.

Last edited by sybarite; 03-29-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:50 AM   #307
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=210844141
SoonerNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:29 PM   #308
OUFinalFour
Walk-on

OU takes Game 1 of Bedlam 10-2.
OUFinalFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #309
sybarite
National Champion

That was a pretty good fifth inning. OU led 3-2 after four and a half. A two run shot by Knighten made it 5-2. A three-run shot to the opposite field by Self made it 8--2. A long, long drive to right made by Erin made it 10-2, seven runs in the fifth. Paige got the win, but was not as sharp as she has been.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:12 PM   #310
shoogerkubz
Walk-on

What's up with Whitney Montgomery? Anyone know?
shoogerkubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:45 PM   #311
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
That was a pretty good fifth inning. OU led 3-2 after four and a half. A two run shot by Knighten made it 5-2. A three-run shot to the opposite field by Self made it 8--2. A long, long drive to right made by Erin made it 10-2, seven runs in the fifth. Paige got the win, but was not as sharp as she has been.
Paige got quite sharper after Melissa made a visit to the mound! Finished pretty strong after lackluster beginning.
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Old 03-31-2016, 08:51 AM   #312
j2d2
All-American

It seemed to me that when Paige put runners on base, she bore down and did alright, but still didnt strike batters out. Just got them to ground out without runs scoring. Last year she would have struck out those batters. It's still a matter of control-too many balls in the dirt, too many way overhead and too many walks.
j2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:57 AM   #313
OURed
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogerkubz View Post
What's up with Whitney Montgomery? Anyone know?
I think she has quit the team. She hasn't been in the dugout the last few games. Don't know why.
OURed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:09 PM   #314
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by OURed View Post
I think she has quit the team. She hasn't been in the dugout the last few games. Don't know why.
That would be a huge loss. Whitney is a great catcher with a penchant for mowing down base stealers and picking runners off base.

Any of you insiders have more information?
Old 03-31-2016, 12:41 PM   #315
anthrosooner
Walk-on

She has quit the team. It's a personal matter within the team and they aren't saying. You may have noticed that before she quit that she wasn't in the batting lineup and that she would get replaced on defense after three or four innings. She got married last summer and I'm led to believe that it may have led to complications with her playing softball.
anthrosooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #316
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthrosooner View Post
She has quit the team. It's a personal matter within the team and they aren't saying. You may have noticed that before she quit that she wasn't in the batting lineup and that she would get replaced on defense after three or four innings. She got married last summer and I'm led to believe that it may have led to complications with her playing softball.
That's sad.

I think she wasn't in batting lineup because her hitting has deteriorated the last couple of years. I know it's not against rules and some are successful but why wouldn't you wait a year and marry after your collegiate softball career was over. I hope she finishes her degree.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-31-2016, 01:29 PM   #317
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
That would be a huge loss. Whitney is a great catcher with a penchant for mowing down base stealers and picking runners off base.

Any of you insiders have more information?
Yes! I don't think there was a better arm in the country. I'm pretty sure OU was #1 in fewest number of steals allowed and it pretty much was solely because of Whitney's arm.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #318
sybarite
National Champion

Whitney is still on the roster. Usually, quitting the team results in immediate removal. I suspect that if Whitney is no longer with the team that she is still officially with the team. Since we have no back-up to Wodach, Whitney may be on leave unless needed.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:24 PM   #319
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Whitney is still on the roster. Usually, quitting the team results in immediate removal. I suspect that if Whitney is no longer with the team that she is still officially with the team. Since we have no back-up to Wodach, Whitney may be on leave unless needed.
Hope you're right, syb.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #320
anthrosooner
Walk-on

A good source has told me that Macy Hatfield is being used as the backup catcher.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:49 PM   #321
sybarite
National Champion

I have asked James Hale to go to Gasso and find out what the situation with Whitney is. I think the evidence suggests something like this:

1. I think the use of Hatfield at C began with some experimentation last year.

2. I don't think that we would want to go to the World Series or the Super-Regionals with Hatfield at C.

3. Usually, people who leave the team are removed from the roster.

4. Whitney may, indeed, be experiencing some life changes due to her marriage.

5. If Whitney is kept on scholarship, she would be eligible to return to play in an emergency. The scholarship may help Whitney complete her education.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:58 PM   #322
anthrosooner
Walk-on

Hatfield would be used at catcher only in an emergency situation. I wouldn't doubt if Patti looked at some JUCO catchers seeing as how she didn't sign any in the latest recruiting class.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:37 PM   #323
Speedy17
Role Player

I heard the other day that Paris Townsend was the emergency backup catcher. I think Macey could do it also. I will never forget the year that Jessica Shults got sick in 2011 that OU put Katie Norris at catcher and made it through the regionals to the WCWS. She had to catch Keilani and her cropduster.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:11 PM   #324
sybarite
National Champion

Whitney is still on the team, as the roster indicates.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:17 PM   #325
anthrosooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
I heard the other day that Paris Townsend was the emergency backup catcher. I think Macey could do it also. I will never forget the year that Jessica Shults got sick in 2011 that OU put Katie Norris at catcher and made it through the regionals to the WCWS. She had to catch Keilani and her cropduster.
You might recall that the last game OU played was against Missouri and Dani Dobbs was the catcher.