ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 03-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #51
skyvue
Elite Eight

Default Re: And this is why we lost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerinNC View Post
I will not be suprised if we miss the NCAA. Hope we make it but the West Virginia loss really hurt.
It was definitely painful for us fans, but we lost by one point to the team that just beat KU for the championship by 12 points. The Cyclones also routed Baylor in KC and beat the conference co-champs, too. Why would our one-point loss to the conference tourney champs convince the committee to leave us out when we were solidly in the field entering Wednesday's game?
Old 03-16-2019, 07:33 PM   #52
mict085
Role Player

Quote:
I will not be suprised if we miss the NCAA. Hope we make it but the West Virginia loss really hurt.

Our biggest problem was that they killed us with offensive rebounds and second chance points. I didn't see their Tech game but they were doing the same to Kansas early in the game but maybe a few whistles cut down their agression on the boards as the game went on. Kansas can get those whistles but we don't seem to.

Our weakness this year was our senior class. All but Odomes deteriorated from their early season play and Odomes had more so-so games than good ones.

The best news for next year is that the three players who improved this year will be back. Doolittlel, Manek and Bieniemy. Manek did not rebound well in the West Virginia game buy by and large was much improved there this season. Also I felt his defense was pretty good away from the hoop. He did have a problem letting the opponent bigs get too deep inside. Freeman was also better this year but still not really good enough to be a consistent contributor.
OU is in the tourney, although likely losing in the first round.

Manek needs to add some strength and toughness in the offseason. He needs to quit pouting so much and grow up. He needs to stop being a boy and learn how to be a man. And he needs to play with that edge every day.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #53
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
It was definitely painful for us fans, but we lost by one point to the team that just beat KU for the championship by 12 points. The Cyclones also routed Baylor in KC and beat the conference co-champs, too. Why would our one-point loss to the conference tourney champs convince the committee to leave us out when we were solidly in the field entering Wednesday's game?
West Virginia won the conference tournament?

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #54
WichitaSooner
Starter

Quote:

Our biggest problem was that they killed us with offensive rebounds and second chance points. I didn't see their Tech game but they were doing the same to Kansas early in the game but maybe a few whistles cut down their agression on the boards as the game went on. Kansas can get those whistles but we don't seem to.

Our weakness this year was our senior class. All but Odomes deteriorated from their early season play and Odomes had more so-so games than good ones.

The best news for next year is that the three players who improved this year will be back. Doolittlel, Manek and Bieniemy. Manek did not rebound well in the West Virginia game buy by and large was much improved there this season. Also I felt his defense was pretty good away from the hoop. He did have a problem letting the opponent bigs get too deep inside. Freeman was also better this year but still not really good enough to be a consistent contributor.
Is your opinion of our tournament chances based on thinking that the experts are lying, or do you just think they are incompetent? One of those would have to be true for us to miss the tournament.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:08 PM   #55
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
West Virginia won the conference tournament?
He's so quick to jump in and defend OU basketball that he doesn't even care about the facts at this point. DEFEND! DEFEND!! DEFEND!!!
Old 03-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #56
WichitaSooner
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
He's so quick to jump in and defend OU basketball that he doesn't even care about the facts at this point. DEFEND! DEFEND!! DEFEND!!!
He obviously made a mistake. You, on the other hand, INTENTIONALLY ignore facts. You tell me which is worse.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:28 PM   #57
skyvue
Elite Eight

Yes, I made a glaring mistake. I'm under the weather and on medication today but didn't know it made me that spacy. Perhaps I'll stop posting for a day or two till I'm more myself.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:38 AM   #58
SoonerTraveler
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Yes, I made a glaring mistake. I'm under the weather and on medication today but didn't know it made me that spacy. Perhaps I'll stop posting for a day or two till I'm more myself.
Hope you get well soon. Have a blessed and healthy Selection Sunday.