ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 02-13-2018, 10:59 PM   #326
DenverSooner
National Champion

Default Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [16-8, 6-6] vs. Texas Texas [21-4, 9-3] Game Thread<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I mention early in the year if TY would have anything left in the tank, I believe we finding out now the gauge is between 1/8th and empty..kid needs to get some rest
If true, he better return because the NBA plays a lot more games. Personally, I don't believe this line of reasoning. He is 18 or 19 years old. He may have been tired at the end of the game but it is not because of how much he played last week or earlier in the season.
DenverSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:11 PM   #327
WichitaSooner
Walk-on

Default Re: >>>>>Oklahoma [16-8, 6-6] vs. Texas Texas [21-4, 9-3] Game Thread<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
lol...okay tell me why? instead..if you're so on top of the nba.
Because all you are doing is parroting an old, false narrative about the NBA not playing defense. NBA players are so good and skilled offensively that games aren't going to be in the 70s or 80s. That doesn't mean they don't play defense. Not every star is as committed on D as they should be, but people who think teams as a whole only play hard the last few minutes are just wrong.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 PM   #328
DenverSooner
National Champion

The defense in all professional sports is much better than the defense in all collegiate sports. That doesn't mean they don't have defensive break downs in the NBA. The difference is the offense is so much better. There are very few guys that can make a living in the NBA on defense alone. The defensive role players will knock down uncontested shots. The argument that NBA players don't play defense is silly.

If you don't play defense in professional sports, you better be the best offensive player on your team or you will lose your million dollar a year job.
DenverSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:57 AM   #329
sheepdogs1
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverSooner View Post
Bad three point shooting in the first half really hurt OU.

The most positive thing is McGusty had 13. If he starts scoring again, OU will be fine.
What hurt most were the offensive rebounds given up leading to a host of scores by Tech plus the 2 or 3 bunnies missed by Manek. In total we're probably talking at least a dozen points and more likely 15 to 20.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:59 AM   #330
sheepdogs1
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooney View Post
Your post made me think of the first half when we closed with Muni. He was abusing their bigs.......and we didn't see anything close to that in the second half....I know there had to be a reason, but I don't know why.
In some instances we were pushing the ball. 2nd half we looked sluggish (tired Trae).
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:13 AM   #331
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
That doesn’t account for possessions so it is not a good stat. I’m sure Trae has many, many more possessions than anyone on that list due to pace of play and minutes played.
1.69 assist to TO's ranked #224. There is nothing bogus about that stat..

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 02-14-2018 at 05:16 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote