ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2019, 10:07 PM   #26
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,938
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
I had the same take on Bieniemy last year. Wasn't ever really impressed, and didn't see a very high upside.
When was the last time you were impressed by a Sooner player? Probably in the Sampson era.

JB had a very good freshman year. He's the kind of player so many people claim to want...heady, disciplined, good defender, does a lot of small things well. But his shooting has been brutal and rather than just pointing out that his PT should decrease till he picks it up, some have concluded that based on these few games, he should be written off. Time will tell. He showed way too much last season for me to think he is a lost cause.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #27
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,469
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
When was the last time you were impressed by a Sooner player? Probably in the Sampson era.

JB had a very good freshman year. He's the kind of player so many people claim to want...heady, disciplined, good defender, does a lot of small things well. But his shooting has been brutal and rather than just pointing out that his PT should decrease till he picks it up, some have concluded that based on these few games, he should be written off. Time will tell. He showed way too much last season for me to think he is a lost cause.
Don't do this often, but side with Wichitasooner here.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #28
NY Soonerfan
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 121
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post

But his shooting has been brutal and rather than just pointing out that his PT should decrease till he picks it up, some have concluded that based on these few games, he should be written off. Time will tell. He showed way too much last season for me to think he is a lost cause.
I think this is the crux of the Bieniemy dilemma and why this is a good discussion. The believers think it's a few recent bad games, the non-believers see the better part of a season and a half. Here's hoping he gets his shot back and becomes at least serviceable on offense, we need all the help we can get.
NY Soonerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:42 AM   #29
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,152
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

JB is a good player and excellent defender who's in the throes of a horrific shooting slump. My guess is he'll come around, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Being so overtly critical of the players is not helpful.
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #30
daqman
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 534
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Last season it looked like JB had all the tools to be a very good player. I expected him to seamlessly shift over to the wing and become a consistent scorer both shooting and driving to the basket. So far it appears I was wrong. And from recent history with Kruger's players, I don't have any confidence that will change for the better.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #31
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,829
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post

Being so overtly critical of the players is not helpful.
Neither is sugar-coating issues with the team/program.

Fact is, nothing posted here hurts or helps the program, so what does it matter?
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #32
NY Soonerfan
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 121
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsooner View Post
neither is sugar-coating issues with the team/program.

Fact is, nothing posted here hurts or helps the program, so what does it matter?
+9,287
NY Soonerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #33
Jccouger
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 185
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

If you couldn't see the promise Bieniemy had last year you should probably just give up critiquing basketball & just watch basketball for exciting dunks & 3 pointers.

He is an excellent controlled basketball player. He's playing out of position. Just like I said during the off season, he is a PG & he's now trying to fit a roll he isn't comfortable in.
Jccouger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #34
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 2,833
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jccouger View Post
If you couldn't see the promise Bieniemy had last year you should probably just give up critiquing basketball & just watch basketball for exciting dunks & 3 pointers.

He is an excellent controlled basketball player. He's playing out of position. Just like I said during the off season, he is a PG & he's now trying to fit a roll he isn't comfortable in.
He's still being a playmaker, just because you don't bring the ball up doesn't mean Kruger is telling him to shoot 15 times a game. His assists are on par with last year, the difference is he can't make a wide open shot.
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #35
daqman
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 534
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jccouger View Post
If you couldn't see the promise Bieniemy had last year you should probably just give up critiquing basketball & just watch basketball for exciting dunks & 3 pointers.

He is an excellent controlled basketball player. He's playing out of position. Just like I said during the off season, he is a PG & he's now trying to fit a roll he isn't comfortable in.

We don't need any more promises. We need contributors on the scoreboard.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:06 PM   #36
Max Power
Elite Eight
 
Max Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,268
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jccouger View Post
If you couldn't see the promise Bieniemy had last year you should probably just give up critiquing basketball & just watch basketball for exciting dunks & 3 pointers.

He is an excellent controlled basketball player. He's playing out of position. Just like I said during the off season, he is a PG & he's now trying to fit a roll he isn't comfortable in.
Well when im being told he was better than chrstian james i expect more.
__________________
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end." - Larry Bird

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:59 PM   #37
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,938
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Well when im being told he was better than chrstian james i expect more.
Better defender, ball handler, distributor, higher basketball IQ, etc. Everything but shooting and arguably rebounding, he does better than James. But you absolutely are right to expect more offensively than what he is currently giving us.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #38
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,152
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Neither is sugar-coating issues with the team/program.

Fact is, nothing posted here hurts or helps the program, so what does it matter?
I tend to agree with that last sentence (well, maybe not 9,287 times).
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #39
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,159
Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

you guys were close. Lon decided to start Alondes Williams over Harmon so we'll see ...
g - JB
g - Reaves
g - Alondes Williams
f - Doo
f - manek
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com