ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 12-19-2019, 10:07 PM   #26
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: Harmon and Bienemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
I had the same take on Bieniemy last year. Wasn't ever really impressed, and didn't see a very high upside.
When was the last time you were impressed by a Sooner player? Probably in the Sampson era.

JB had a very good freshman year. He's the kind of player so many people claim to want...heady, disciplined, good defender, does a lot of small things well. But his shooting has been brutal and rather than just pointing out that his PT should decrease till he picks it up, some have concluded that based on these few games, he should be written off. Time will tell. He showed way too much last season for me to think he is a lost cause.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #27
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
When was the last time you were impressed by a Sooner player? Probably in the Sampson era.

JB had a very good freshman year. He's the kind of player so many people claim to want...heady, disciplined, good defender, does a lot of small things well. But his shooting has been brutal and rather than just pointing out that his PT should decrease till he picks it up, some have concluded that based on these few games, he should be written off. Time will tell. He showed way too much last season for me to think he is a lost cause.
Don't do this often, but side with Wichitasooner here.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #28
NY Soonerfan
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post

But his shooting has been brutal and rather than just pointing out that his PT should decrease till he picks it up, some have concluded that based on these few games, he should be written off. Time will tell. He showed way too much last season for me to think he is a lost cause.
I think this is the crux of the Bieniemy dilemma and why this is a good discussion. The believers think it's a few recent bad games, the non-believers see the better part of a season and a half. Here's hoping he gets his shot back and becomes at least serviceable on offense, we need all the help we can get.
NY Soonerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:42 AM   #29
scrybe
All-American

JB is a good player and excellent defender who's in the throes of a horrific shooting slump. My guess is he'll come around, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Being so overtly critical of the players is not helpful.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:11 AM   #30
daqman
Role Player

Last season it looked like JB had all the tools to be a very good player. I expected him to seamlessly shift over to the wing and become a consistent scorer both shooting and driving to the basket. So far it appears I was wrong. And from recent history with Kruger's players, I don't have any confidence that will change for the better.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #31
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post

Being so overtly critical of the players is not helpful.
Neither is sugar-coating issues with the team/program.

Fact is, nothing posted here hurts or helps the program, so what does it matter?
Old 12-20-2019, 10:41 AM   #32
NY Soonerfan
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsooner View Post
neither is sugar-coating issues with the team/program.

Fact is, nothing posted here hurts or helps the program, so what does it matter?
+9,287
NY Soonerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:15 PM   #33
Jccouger
Walk-on

If you couldn't see the promise Bieniemy had last year you should probably just give up critiquing basketball & just watch basketball for exciting dunks & 3 pointers.

He is an excellent controlled basketball player. He's playing out of position. Just like I said during the off season, he is a PG & he's now trying to fit a roll he isn't comfortable in.
Jccouger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #34
BCSooners
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jccouger View Post
If you couldn't see the promise Bieniemy had last year you should probably just give up critiquing basketball & just watch basketball for exciting dunks & 3 pointers.

He is an excellent controlled basketball player. He's playing out of position. Just like I said during the off season, he is a PG & he's now trying to fit a roll he isn't comfortable in.
He's still being a playmaker, just because you don't bring the ball up doesn't mean Kruger is telling him to shoot 15 times a game. His assists are on par with last year, the difference is he can't make a wide open shot.
BCSooners is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #35
daqman
Role Player

Quote:

We don't need any more promises. We need contributors on the scoreboard.
daqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:06 PM   #36
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:

Well when im being told he was better than chrstian james i expect more.

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:59 PM   #37
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
Well when im being told he was better than chrstian james i expect more.
Better defender, ball handler, distributor, higher basketball IQ, etc. Everything but shooting and arguably rebounding, he does better than James. But you absolutely are right to expect more offensively than what he is currently giving us.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #38
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Neither is sugar-coating issues with the team/program.

I tend to agree with that last sentence (well, maybe not 9,287 times).
Old 12-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #39
coolm
National Champion

you guys were close. Lon decided to start Alondes Williams over Harmon so we'll see ...
g - JB
g - Reaves
g - Alondes Williams
f - Doo
f - manek
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote