ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2022, 09:26 PM   #151
stormspencer
Elite Eight
 
stormspencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 4,768
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

A quick glance at the box score....they are 4/12 from 3 and we are 1/12. They are shooting 49% and we are shooting 45%...rebounding is even. They've made a few more FTs....but we have 15 TOs. Too careless on offense and didn't make enough outside shots to win on the road.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:31 PM   #152
WichitaSooner
All-American
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,975
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMont View Post
I am deeply concerned about our free throw shooting for the rest of the season. We’re gonna be in a lot of close games and right now, I don’t really trust anyone at the line other than Mo.
We’ve actually shot free throws extremely well since the first two or three games of the season. The turnovers, on the other hand, will continue getting us beat. The past few years, the anti-Lon faction scoffed when people pointed to strengths such as not turning the ball over and not fouling, but how nice would it be to see us cut our turnovers down to about 11 or 12 per game.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:34 PM   #153
mict085
All-Conference
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsooner View Post
KU wins by 1 after 3 more lead changes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iowa state was screwed by a horrible non call on an obvious goaltending by ku and a BS flagrant foul. Typical Allen field house BS. It’s total crap but it happens all the time.

Beware the Phog, you’re gonna get screwed.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:38 PM   #154
NickZepp
National Champion
 
NickZepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12,098
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Brutal game. Just gotta learn from it and move on.
NickZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:39 PM   #155
Soonerinkc
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,267
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
We’ve actually shot free throws extremely well since the first two or three games of the season. The turnovers, on the other hand, will continue getting us beat. The past few years, the anti-Lon faction scoffed when people pointed to strengths such as not turning the ball over and not fouling, but how nice would it be to see us cut our turnovers down to about 11 or 12 per game.
All the offensive numbers are up compared to last year… not much but up.

Rebounds are better as well.

We are avg 3 more TO’s per game than last yr.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:51 PM   #156
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,169
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

I certainly wasn't counting on us winning tonight -- I figured we probably wouldn't -- but I did count on us being competitive, on the team being motivated and ready to play. We weren't, to an embarrassing degree.

We can only hope this game is a huge anomaly, one we later look back on and scratch our heads over. We never even got within single digits. The team tonight just wasn't ready to play a road game and certainly not a rivalry road game.

The pressure is very much on now to win at TCU, or we could very possibly be looking at a six-game losing streak. That's not Chicken Little talk, either. After TCU, we play KU (at home, thankfully), Baylor (ditto), at WVU and at home against Auburn, currently ranked #4 in the country.

We could win all of those games, of course, but if we play half as badly as we did tonight, we won't win any of them.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:28 PM   #157
WichitaSooner
All-American
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,975
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
All the offensive numbers are up compared to last year… not much but up.

Rebounds are better as well.

We are avg 3 more TO’s per game than last yr.
We were 35th nationally in offensive efficiency last year and were 42nd entering play tonight, and will obviously drop further after that performance. And three turnovers per game is a massive difference. Last year we were in the top 10 or 20 in that department, and this year we are 271st. Three doesn’t sound like much, but it is a ton.

I like almost everything else about our offense. Given the lack of a true scorer or any guard who can get his own shot, it is very impressive that we are as efficient as we are. So I’m by no means knocking Moser. But the the turnovers are just out of control.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:28 PM   #158
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,047
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

1 assist for the starters. Brutal movement, bad passing, too much one on one, and played soft. UT was ready and we weren’t.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 10:33 PM   #159
Salt City Sooner
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 636
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I certainly wasn't counting on us winning tonight -- I figured we probably wouldn't -- but I did count on us being competitive, on the team being motivated and ready to play. We weren't, to an embarrassing degree.

We can only hope this game is a huge anomaly, one we later look back on and scratch our heads over. We never even got within single digits. The team tonight just wasn't ready to play a road game and certainly not a rivalry road game.

The pressure is very much on now to win at TCU, or we could very possibly be looking at a six-game losing streak. That's not Chicken Little talk, either. After TCU, we play KU (at home, thankfully), Baylor (ditto), at WVU and at home against Auburn, currently ranked #4 in the country.

We could win all of those games, of course, but if we play half as badly as we did tonight, we won't win any of them.
Auburn’s a roadie, which unfortunately, accentuates your point even more.
__________________
" I believe that the pat on the back is one of the greatest motivating factors we have. Of course, occasionally, that pat has to be a little lower & a little harder."

-John Wooden-
Salt City Sooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 12:56 AM   #160
inoref
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,897
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
Every time we play bad the refs gets blamed. It’s pretty funny.
That is why I stay away during games, wait until next day or few hours once game is over before posting anything...The loss was clearly because OU played poorly and horns played better
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:47 AM   #161
SoonerinNC
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,705
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

I thought the officiating was a little UT slanted but that is life on the road.

Similar to Tech games last year. Defense forced OU out of their game. Foul problems in first half really hurt.

We have to have more outside shooting besides Gibson. Jacob put up three misses but he has to keep shooting. Thought this was his best effort this year.

Hill and Cortes have to put up more treys. They have potential to really help from that vantage. Don't understand why Tanner never got open for treys.

We can beat Texas with a good game.

Big 12 is brutal this year. Welcome to the Big 12 Porter.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:36 AM   #162
Soonerinkc
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,267
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
We were 35th nationally in offensive efficiency last year and were 42nd entering play tonight, and will obviously drop further after that performance. And three turnovers per game is a massive difference. Last year we were in the top 10 or 20 in that department, and this year we are 271st. Three doesn’t sound like much, but it is a ton.

I like almost everything else about our offense. Given the lack of a true scorer or any guard who can get his own shot, it is very impressive that we are as efficient as we are. So I’m by no means knocking Moser. But the the turnovers are just out of control.
I'm HOPING the 2 guys for next year will help. We need a more athletic big. Tanner is pretty good but both he and his brother have slow feet when it comes to defense.

I figured 8/10 in league...9/9 if we got a few balls to bounce our way.

It's a crap shoot this year with this hodge podge group he quickly threw together. Just glad we aren't having a isu (last year) type of season so far.

I would expect cortes and CJ to pick up some steam by the end of the year

we'll have 8 guys back next year...only 1 starter..

Last edited by Soonerinkc; 01-12-2022 at 08:39 AM.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:59 AM   #163
Stikboy
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,448
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
I'm HOPING the 2 guys for next year will help. We need a more athletic big. Tanner is pretty good but both he and his brother have slow feet when it comes to defense.

I figured 8/10 in league...9/9 if we got a few balls to bounce our way.

It's a crap shoot this year with this hodge podge group he quickly threw together. Just glad we aren't having a isu (last year) type of season so far.

I would expect cortes and CJ to pick up some steam by the end of the year

we'll have 8 guys back next year...only 1 starter..
Me too. Moser appears to have addressed alot at guard/wing in the first signing period. If EJ and Mo aren't coming back, then yes I say use one of those scholarships on an athletic/physical big who can score, rebound, and defend. Especially since Chargois will be gone too. Of course nobody knows this better than Porter. Will be interesting to see who they bring in the second signing period..
Stikboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:59 AM   #164
Abe
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 72
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Last information I saw was we loose 3 scholarship players. I believe due to the Covid rules on eligibility the only starter we lose is Goldwire. The other 2 are Chargois and Johnson. Do believe we need additional bigs but someone will have to go to the portal.
Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:11 AM   #165
WichitaSooner
All-American
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,975
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe View Post
Last information I saw was we loose 3 scholarship players. I believe due to the Covid rules on eligibility the only starter we lose is Goldwire. The other 2 are Chargois and Johnson. Do believe we need additional bigs but someone will have to go to the portal.
This is correct, Goldwire is the only starter who will be out of eligibility after this season. I think Tanner has already said he plans to play two seasons for us. I have no clue if Mo or EJ have made up their minds, but unless they want to explore a fairly low level overseas career, I’d think there is a decent chance they’d come back. I agree with those who are excited about the incoming guards. I will be shocked if we don’t add at least one big. And as always, transfers will be a factor.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:28 AM   #166
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,113
Default Re: OU @ texas 7:30PM CST on LHN

Why is the thread with the roster breakdown not still a sticky thread at the top? Can we add it back? That is very useful to have handy.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com