ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 01-13-2022, 02:41 PM   #51
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Default Re: Women’s team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
The game was on a Bally sports channel, just not the one on Bally’s schedule. I’ve learned to search every Bally channel I have access to until I find the game. Last night was no different. I have also learned to stay the course with this team. It’s almost like they get behind double digits points in the score to test my old heart.

One thing is certain, this team will not give up. Once again, OU found a way to win another game when the odds seemed to be stacked against them. As my longtime friend jmizzy likes to say, this team is fun to watch! So is the coach. Joe C hit another home run with this hire!
I approve this message.
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:59 PM   #52
MsProudSooner
National Champion

If you missed last nights game, Bally Sports is showing a replay of the women's game against Baylor at 4:00 Central time.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:37 AM   #53
scrybe
All-American

I cut the cord to satellite almost a year ago. I now have a variety of streaming services, but Youtube TV most closely mirrors the channels I received with my former provider, DirecTV.

A couple of weeks ago, Youtube TV dropped its 3-4 channels that offered Bally Sports telecasts. As y'all know, most of the OU women's games are shown by Bally Sports, so I went from having almost all of the Sooner women's games available to me, to now having almost none of them.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions on other streaming options that might be available, I'd be grateful to hear them.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:15 AM   #54
skyvue
National Champion

Four of their remaining games will be available on ESPN+. So will four men's games.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:03 AM   #55
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
I cut the cord to satellite almost a year ago. I now have a variety of streaming services, but Youtube TV most closely mirrors the channels I received with my former provider, DirecTV.

A couple of weeks ago, Youtube TV dropped its 3-4 channels that offered Bally Sports telecasts. As y'all know, most of the OU women's games are shown by Bally Sports, so I went from having almost all of the Sooner women's games available to me, to now having almost none of them.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions on other streaming options that might be available, I'd be grateful to hear them.
That makes me glad I decided to stay with our current DirectTV package instead of switching to YouTube TV.

“Happy wife, Happy life” is a proverb I know well. My wife has access to two regular Hallmark channels and two Hallmark streaming channels. She likes to scope out the movies she wants to watch and set the DVR to record. Recording in advance and storing movies on YouTube and other streaming services we have considered is too complicated. “Happy wife, Happy life” is far more important to me than the sports channels I can watch.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 01:34 PM   #56
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
That makes me glad I decided to stay with our current DirectTV package instead of switching to YouTube TV.

“Happy wife, Happy life” is a proverb I know well. My wife has access to two regular Hallmark channels and two Hallmark streaming channels. She likes to scope out the movies she wants to watch and set the DVR to record. Recording in advance and storing movies on YouTube and other streaming services we have considered is too complicated. “Happy wife, Happy life” is far more important to me than the sports channels I can watch.
10-4 on the "HW, HL," Ada.

I would never have dropped the over-priced DirecTV (I paid $175.00 per month, which included the Regional Sports channels for OU basketball, softball and some of the other OU sports) if it meant losing my wife's Hallmark channels. I did mucho research before I cut the cord, and now my sweetie gets every Hallmark channel known to (wo)mankind – and then some!

Everything was good while it lasted, but then YTTV decided – without consulting me, mind you – to drop the channels I mentioned above. If it means I have to swallow my pride and go back to DTV (or Dish Network), I may do it. But I'll exhaust every possible option before I wade into that swamp again.
Old 01-14-2022, 02:17 PM   #57
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
10-4 on the "HW, HL," Ada.

I would never have dropped the over-priced DirecTV (I paid $175.00 per month, which included the Regional Sports channels for OU basketball, softball and some of the other OU sports) if it meant losing my wife's Hallmark channels. I did mucho research before I cut the cord, and now my sweetie gets every Hallmark channel known to (wo)mankind – and then some!

Everything was good while it lasted, but then YTTV decided – without consulting me, mind you – to drop the channels I mentioned above. If it means I have to swallow my pride and go back to DTV (or Dish Network), I may do it. But I'll exhaust every possible option before I wade into that swamp again.
You’re a wise man, scrybe! If my wife had a choice between Hallmark and me, I may be looking for a place to hang my OU memorabilia and my deer mounts.

I’d sure hate to throw in the towel when we’re so close to our 60th anniversary I’ll be able to reach out and touch it later this year. I’m also not too proud to know when it’s time to surrender!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:06 PM   #58
Soonerinkc
Elite Eight

Finally catching a game… started strong.. finished ok.

Def run and gun …

But the one complaint, good lord do these coaches NOT have any SLOB or BLOB plays against the press.. God awful.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote