ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 01-08-2022, 08:05 PM   #1
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,169
Default Big Game Bob

On the radio postgame, Toby Rowland told Coach Moser he thought Cortes was tonight's MVP; Moser readily agreed.

But it seemed as if Bob Stoops deserved some credit too. They showed him on the scoreboard screen in the second half and it seemed to rev up the crowd, and the team picked it up from that point too.

It wasn't clear to me if Coach Stoops was at the game or if they showed him for some other reason, but Toby mentioned at the time how loud the crowd got and he (only half-jokingly) said more than once that his appearance on the big screen was the game's turning point.

We are one lucky fanbase to have Coach Stoops still an active member of the Sooner family.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:07 PM   #2
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,994
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
On the radio postgame, Toby Rowland told Coach Moser he thought Cortes was tonight's MVP; Moser readily agreed.

But it seemed as if Bob Stoops deserved some credit too. They showed him on the scoreboard screen in the second half and it seemed to rev up the crowd, and the team picked it up from that point too.

It wasn't clear to me if Coach Stoops was at the game or if they showed him for some other reason, but Toby mentioned at the time how loud the crowd got and he (only half-jokingly) said more than once that his appearance on the big screen was the game's turning point.

We are one lucky fanbase to have Coach Stoops still an active member of the Sooner family.
coach was at the game
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:14 PM   #3
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,169
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
coach was at the game
Nice.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:17 PM   #4
NickZepp
National Champion
 
NickZepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12,098
Default Re: Big Game Bob

They showed him on TV right around the point we were down 7.
NickZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:58 PM   #5
OUALUMinTX
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 255
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Lebby was there and so was Josh Giddey again.
OUALUMinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 10:55 AM   #6
vbdad
Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,238
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Bob and Carol were sitting with President Harroz and his wife.
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:27 PM   #7
SoonerBred
Role Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 770
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdad View Post
Bob and Carol were sitting with President Harroz and his wife.
I would have cheered Bob Stoops and heavily booed Joe Harroz.
SoonerBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:50 PM   #8
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 5,994
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBred View Post
I would have cheered Bob Stoops and heavily booed Joe Harroz.
why?
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:23 PM   #9
SoonerBred
Role Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 770
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
why?
The man has no integrity, lots of examples that I won't go into on this board.
SoonerBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:07 AM   #10
oudna
All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,371
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUALUMinTX View Post
Lebby was there
Spying on ISU hoops?

I like his commitment!
oudna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:45 AM   #11
OKURanger
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 292
Default Re: Big Game Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBred View Post
The man has no integrity, lots of examples that I won't go into on this board.
I don't know Harroz, but can attest that being a university president is not an easy gig. Big-brained professors scrutinize every move, ambitious administrators think they can do a better job, students and their parents are never satisfied, the board of trustees must be continually sucked up to, meanwhile the payroll must be met. For context, I am not nor have been a president, but am an administrator and can honestly say I will never want that job.
OKURanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com