ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 02-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
soonermom1000
Walk-on

Default Bedlam.....Part 2

Is the game on TV? Please tell me, it is?? I have Directv, so if anybody has the channel, please help.
soonermom1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
bluesooner17
Role Player

Default Re: Bedlam.....Part 2

According to the paper it is not on TV. It is streaming on SoonerSports.tv.
bluesooner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:38 PM   #3
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

There was a time all of OU's games were always on except the Kansas away game. SMH.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
soonermom1000
Walk-on

Yes, Both Oklahoma teams playing and no TV.... Pathetic!!! Guess I will watch the Thunder on TV and listen to OU/OSU on the radio...
Old 02-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #5
O-State2009
Walk-on

I'm not a big fan of ESPN+, but at least for that $5 I can watch a lot of Big 12 sports. Unfortunately UT and Oklahoma aren't part of that. FSOK is supposed to have a replay of this after the Thunder game.
O-State2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #6
sooner8693
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
There was a time all of OU's games were always on except the Kansas away game. SMH.
I'm not sure what this says if anything about the osu program, but, it sure says a lot about how far the OU and SC's program has fallen and is viewed.
sooner8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:15 PM   #7
Salt City Sooner
Role Player

My viewing guide hasn’t been 100% reliable lately, but fwiw, I’m on Cox & have the Fox College package, which is listing the replay @ 3 AM Wednesday morning on FCS Central.

-John Wooden-
Salt City Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:51 PM   #8
soonermom1000
Walk-on

I'm on Directv and the replay is at 10:00 (after the Thunder game) on channel 675...
Old 02-11-2020, 07:20 PM   #9
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Watching it right now on sooner sports TV which I pay for at a whopping $10 a month. I think this is the second game all season on this channel though. had a 14 to 6 lead and now it is tied up as we've turned the ball over several times in a row.

So far it's been Anna and Madi with a 3 by Gregory, Robertson hasn't even touched the ball.. she's looking really sluggish at this point
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:37 PM   #10
TheMont
Role Player

Ive been sick in bed all day, so I got myself the $10 monthly SS.tv subscription as a treat.

We played well in the first quarter, but this team has a tendency to collapse for a quarter as we know. Currently getting outscored 10-3 in the 2nd quarter.

26-21, osu with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Madi was playing very well early with aggressive post moves, but osu has adjusted well to her. They are also not letting Taylor get any looks. She does have 3 points from the FT line though.
TheMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #11
TheMont
Role Player

We ended the 2nd quarter on a 7-0 run to take a one point lead at half. 13 points for Madi, 11 for Ana.

Osu has 12 turnovers, we have 11. Ana has 5 (!) steals already, which has led to her offense. She has a very hard task in guarding Vivian Gray but she’s been handling her own and also forced 2 fouls on Gray.
TheMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #12
soonermom1000
Walk-on

Thanks for the report of what's happening in the game. I can't even find it on the radio.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #13
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Down by 9 with 7:45 minutes remaining. We could not be playing worse at this point. Robertson has been a complete non-factor all game I hope she can pull something out. Of course we are in foul trouble and have absolutely no depth and about two of our five players on the court are capable of scoring. Simpson's been playing very well defensively and has been rebounding well. I don't understand why Scott is not playing. She's got more offensive ability then freaking mercer at this point why not throw her in and play with a bunch of 'bigs?'
Old 02-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #14
Soonerguy06
Role Player

stopped watching with a minute left down by 6. Anna has missed her last three out of four free throws, costing us precious point. Not going to watch this team anymore. They beat themselves, and crappy teams take advantage of it. We may beat Kansas, but we will not win any more games the rest of the season, mark my words.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:52 PM   #15
oketex
Walk-on

Turnovers and missing FT's that hurts
oketex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 08:53 PM   #16
oketex
Walk-on

Guys how much longer before changes are made?
oketex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:11 PM   #17
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by oketex View Post
Guys how much longer before changes are made?

I don't know. With as much success as every other program at ou has besides men's basketball, you wouldn't think they would let it go too much longer. Unless they just truly don't care. I'm not sure anyone can get out program back to the top. Our Glory days may be over.
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:43 PM   #18
soonermike22
Walk-on

I went to the game because it was bedlam, but kinda wish I hadn't. Not just the loss, but how samole faults.
Passes right to the opposition because that is where the play goes, but if it the play doesn't get the recipient open, pass it anyway where they are supposed to be....turnover.
Few substitutions so starters get tired.
Times when we play well, and then a dead time where we not only don't play well, but look kinda lost.
I agree that time to make a change.
soonermike22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:49 PM   #19
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Gabby Gregory adds nothing to this team when shes on the floor. Its like playing 4 on 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2020, 08:07 AM   #20
atlantasooner
All-Conference

One step forward. Two steps back.
Nothing Sherri is trying finds consistent success. She's not coaching/developing
consistent play. With only one newcomer inbound, it's a perfect time to make
a coaching change.
Sherri got to 500 wins. She's a career HOF coach. She's won Big 12 titles. She's
taken OU to women's basketball heights not dreamed possible.
But she's done. Long tenured coaches never seem to coach themselves out of these
drops in play.
The program, the fans, hell even Sherri herself seems ready for a new challenge
and new leadership.
No vitrol, no screaming.
Sherri made wholesale changes. They have not made massive improvements. Time is
up. Retire gracefully stage left. Don't make OU fire you.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:47 AM   #21
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
One step forward. Two steps back.
Nothing Sherri is trying finds consistent success. She's not coaching/developing
consistent play. With only one newcomer inbound, it's a perfect time to make
a coaching change.
Sherri got to 500 wins. She's a career HOF coach. She's won Big 12 titles. She's
taken OU to women's basketball heights not dreamed possible.
But she's done. Long tenured coaches never seem to coach themselves out of these
drops in play.
The program, the fans, hell even Sherri herself seems ready for a new challenge
and new leadership.
No vitrol, no screaming.
Sherri made wholesale changes. They have not made massive improvements. Time is
up. Retire gracefully stage left. Don't make OU fire you.
If this were to happen a coach we should consider...Adia Barnes at Arizona. Arizona was poor when she was hired and in 4 years she has built them into a borderline top 10 team.
Soonercuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:23 AM   #22
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Link to recap from Eric Bailey. Excerpts...

Quote:
The emotions were quite different from the Bedlam match earlier this season. OU overcame a 13-point deficit in the final 2 minutes, 18 seconds of that Jan. 8 contest to register a 77-75 win.

OU sharpshooter Taylor Robertson burned the Cowgirls for 25 points in that first meeting. In the rematch, OSU’s smallest player made the biggest impact.

Ja'Mee Asberry, at 5-foot-5, shadowed the nation’s top 3-pointer shooter all evening. Robertson ended with 11 points and didn’t make a 3 until 5:41 remained.

“She played amazing defense. She played so hard. She stuck with her,” Vivian Gray said. “She stayed with her assignment. She fought over every single screen. They set a lot of screens for her. She played great defense. I’m so proud of Ja’Mee.”

OU kept trying to solve the issue but perhaps put too much attention on trying to get the ball to its sophomore guard.

“Sometimes we rely too heavily on T-Rob making shots. That might be one of the reasons we stand so much on offense,” said OU’s Madi Williams, who scored 19 points. “And whenever she isn’t hitting shots, we’re all standing and it’s one big ball of nothing. I think we need to work harder and figure out how to play without her making shots.”
Old 02-12-2020, 09:30 AM   #23
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

A harsh bit of reality from the best overall player on the team, or at least the 2nd best.

This team has it's moments - and, sadly, far too many of them are a s**t show.

Time for a change.

Sherri has lost the fire. Make her a Vice President of Alumni Giving. Put her on the road raising money. Let her be an ambassador for the university in many areas.

She would be fantastic at that.

Just get her off the basketball court before the program is unredeemable.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:59 AM   #24
SuperHoops
Role Player

The bench combined to contribute no points, no rebounds, no assists and no steals. I don't think I have ever seen a box score like that. You have to wonder how many of the ladies who aren't getting much playing time if any at all will be around next season.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #25
soonerstar
All-Conference

A very reliable poster on the other board posted a few days ago that the fundraising for the softball stadium upgrade is being affected by Coale. Donors perceive she is not being held to the same standard as the other womens coaches.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote