ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 02-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #151
Oblivion
Walk-on

Default Re: Taylor Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Sit back. Last year, everyone thought we had to recruit Brooke Alexander. And?
Sybarite,
I agree to a certain extent but you know this..... A close mouth does not get fed! We do not even know if she a OU fan. The smart thing is to find out if she's interested in OU I would think. Leaving it up to happenstance is not a great way to recruit. I don't believe Taylor will walk into Sherri's office and say I'm ready to sign! OU has to recruit the best talent an not leave it up chance! Just sayin'
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #152
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Sybarite,
I agree to a certain extent but you know this..... A close mouth does not get fed! We do not even know if she a OU fan. The smart thing is to find out if she's interested in OU I would think. Leaving it up to happenstance is not a great way to recruit. I don't believe Taylor will walk into Sherri's office and say I'm ready to sign! OU has to recruit the best talent an not leave it up chance! Just sayin'
You really believe that a top-level recruit is in Sherri's backyard, and Sherri doesn't know a thing about her, hasn't had her assistants looking at her, been evaluating her to see if she has D-1 tools? Really?
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #153
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
You really believe that a top-level recruit is in Sherri's backyard, and Sherri doesn't know a thing about her, hasn't had her assistants looking at her, been evaluating her to see if she has D-1 tools? Really?
Sybarite,
I'm not sure if Sherri knows maybe she does I'm just looking at information on this site and in media and I do not see anything about recruiting. Now as far as Taylor's skills she has a major college skill set. I still say she is the best 2017 in the state and definitely one of the of the best players in the Oklahoma. I've watch over 50 games this season and look at hundreds of hours of film on players in Oklahoma she is a five star recruit. Stats do not lie. I'm not saying she doesn't have things she must work on but she has a tremendous upside!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #154
sybarite
National Champion

I'll tell you exactly what I think. I think:
1. Sherri and her staff are aware of every potential prospect in the state of Oklahoma that is over twelve years old, maybe even younger in some cases.
2. I think Sherri has so many people from whom she derives information that a kid scoring fifteen points per game at Lone Wolf may have had an evaluation. Do they still have a highschool?
3. I think Sherri has probably seen film or tapes on every kid that might even get a look from a JC in Oklahoma..
4. I think Sherri knows exactly what she needs to know about every kid in the area as to whether they are a D-1 prospect.
5. If Sherri thinks this girl has the possibility of playing at the D-1 level, she will contact her. If she hasn't, start asking why. Sherri knows what she is doing. She has a nineteen year track record to prove it.

In this case, even Prospect Nation which does try to keep somewhat of a list, doesn't seem aware of her.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #155
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

If I get to go to Newcastle Thurs. night, I'm going to see if I can spot any OU coaches in the stands. That's only about a 10-15 minute drive from Norman.
SoonerNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #156
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
I'll tell you exactly what I think. I think:
1. Sherri and her staff are aware of every potential prospect in the state of Oklahoma that is over twelve years old, maybe even younger in some cases.
2. I think Sherri has so many people from whom she derives information that a kid scoring fifteen points per game at Lone Wolf may have had an evaluation. Do they still have a highschool?
3. I think Sherri has probably seen film or tapes on every kid that might even get a look from a JC in Oklahoma..
4. I think Sherri knows exactly what she needs to know about every kid in the area as to whether they are a D-1 prospect.
5. If Sherri thinks this girl has the possibility of playing at the D-1 level, she will contact her. If she hasn't, start asking why. Sherri knows what she is doing. She has a nineteen year track record to prove it.

In this case, even Prospect Nation which does try to keep somewhat of a list, doesn't seem aware of her.
I would say maybe she doesn't fit her style of play not that she is not a D-1 player. I believe that would be more of a accurate statement.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:58 AM   #157
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

It does look like I will be able to attend the game in Newcastle...looking forward to seeing Taylor play again,
Old 02-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #158
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
I would say maybe she doesn't fit her style of play not that she is not a D-1 player. I believe that would be more of a accurate statement.
I think Taylor's game fits OU's offense perfectly because she can drive and shoot. Whether or not Sherri likes her is another question.

I hope some other OU fans in the OKC area will try to watch her play soon as I would love to hear various opinions about her game.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:06 AM   #159
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerNorm View Post
I think Taylor's game fits OU's offense perfectly because she can drive and shoot. Whether or not Sherri likes her is another question.

I hope some other OU fans in the OKC area will try to watch her play soon as I would love to hear various opinions about her game.
I won't be there boss my is making me cover another game Please let us know how it went!!!! Thanks!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:08 AM   #160
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
I won't be there boss is making me cover another game Please let us know how it went!!!! Thanks!!!
No problem!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #161
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
No problem!
Don't be so cruel!!! LOL LOL LOL!!! I'm sure that will be a very good game!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #162
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Don't be so cruel!!! LOL LOL LOL!!! I'm sure that will be a very good game!!!
Maybe we can hook up at another playoff game soon. I would enjoy getting to meet you!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #163
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
Maybe we can hook up at another playoff game soon. I would enjoy getting to meet you!
No problem.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:25 AM   #164
Oblivion
Walk-on

Soonernorm,
I did do some research on what sybarite said Taylor is not listed on prospect nation. I wonder why? I'm thinking because she was out hurt last summer. What's your take???
AAU basketball is very important!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:34 AM   #165
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Soonernorm,
I did do some research on what sybarite said Taylor is not listed on prospect nation. I wonder why? I'm thinking because she was out hurt last summer. What's your take???
AAU basketball is very important!!!
I contacted them right after I saw her play suggested they might want to add her to their list of players to follow. They asked me a few questions about her and then responded they would start following her. I'm sure as soon as they get to see her play (who knows when that will be) they will rank her.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #166
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

I think it is interesting that ESPN has her ranked the 7th best guard in the country then gave her a score of 90. I would have expected the 7th best guard to be ranked higher but, what do I know??? I have a feeling they may have only watched one game or perhaps saw some film but not watched her in person. Either way, I think her stock will climb this summer.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls...taylor-roberts
Old 02-25-2015, 11:41 AM   #167
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
I think it is interesting that ESPN has her ranked the 7th best guard in the country then gave her a score of 90. I would have expected the 7th best guard to be ranked higher but, what do I know??? I have a feeling they may have only watched one game or perhaps saw some film but not watched her in person. Either way, I think her stock will climb this summer.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls...taylor-roberts
Ditto I agree! Hopefully in the near future I'll be watching Lauren Cox play I heard she can GO!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:47 AM   #168
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ditto I agree! Hopefully in the near future I'll be watching Lauren Cox play I heard she can GO!!!
If I lived in the Dallas Metro area, I would try to watch her as often as possible. Not often do you have a chance to watch a player like Lauren on the court.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #169
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
If I lived in the Dallas Metro area, I would try to watch her as often as possible. Not often do you have a chance to watch a player like Lauren on the court.
This is an excellent video you posted on Lauren Cox!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffj7wEc_j0c