ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #26
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Default Re: Taylor Roberts

Yeah, they can talk about the insurance cost crap all they want.

I still think the real reason is Sherri just doesn't want to do it. Period.

I will point out that Sherri has had her two best recruiting years this year and last, so she hasn't needed it. But the several mediocre years sure left a bad taste in everyone's mouths, I think.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #27
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
Yeah, they can talk about the insurance cost crap all they want.

I still think the real reason is Sherri just doesn't want to do it. Period.

I will point out that Sherri has had her two best recruiting years this year and last, so she hasn't needed it. But the several mediocre years sure left a bad taste in everyone's mouths, I think.
I'll give Sherri credit when she recruits hard she can flat out recruit! It's proven from her success!
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:57 AM   #28
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerNorm View Post
I found this:

Attachment 628
So I guess she is being recruited by OU and OSU...... Wow that's kind of important! LOL
Old 01-26-2015, 12:08 PM   #29
mystery32
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
I'll give Sherri credit when she recruits hard she can flat out recruit! It's proven from her success!
Can you really give her credit or give the hiring back of coach
Pam credit? I've been told Pam is the recruiting coordinator. offers the ships, who to recruit, who to see, etc and Coach Coale just evaluates it. Which explains why you never See Coach Coale out recruiting or at games unless
1. They are already committed
2. Decosta has sent her cause she plans on/already offered.
mystery32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:13 PM   #30
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery32 View Post
Can you really give her credit or give the hiring back of coach
Pam credit? I've been told Pam is the recruiting coordinator. offers the ships, who to recruit, who to see, etc and Coach Coale just evaluates it. Which explains why you never See Coach Coale out recruiting or at games unless
Do you think Sherri has any positive attributes?
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #31
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Do you think Sherri has any positive attributes?
I don't! I say fire her today!
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #32
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery32 View Post
Which explains why you never See Coach Coale out recruiting or at games unless
I can tell you from personal knowledge - you are wrong about that.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #33
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
I don't! I say fire her today!
Do you have proof that she does not actively participates in the recruiting process???

So Sherri's assistants are the ones offering the scholarships???

These are some serious allegations you are making! Its' hard to believe she doesn't know who's receiving a scholarship!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #34
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Do you have proof that she does not actively participates in the recruiting process???

These are some serious allegations you are making! Its' hard to believe she doesn't know who's receiving a scholarship!
lol

OK. You are new. That is sarcasm at its height. Tycat is a Sherri loyalist voicing the absurdity, in his mind, of someone making charges against Sherri.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:22 PM   #35
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:

If you get a chance, go back and read some of the 2,000 + threads on here. Also, a lot of threads before were lost. It will make much more sense then!

You will find that Sherri is a high school coach that hired all her friends that cannot recruit or coach, leads church services instead of practice and she wears Jimmy Choo's! If I hadn't read it for years, I wouldn't believe it!
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #36
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
lol

OK. You are new. That is sarcasm at its height. Tycat is a Sherri loyalist voicing the absurdity, in his mind, of someone making charges against Sherri.
Not so much a loyalist as a BS identifier!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #37
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
If you get a chance, go back and read some of the 2,000 + threads on here. Also, a lot of threads before were lost. It will make much more sense then!

You will find that Sherri is a high school coach that hired all her friends that cannot recruit or coach, leads church services instead of practice and she wears Jimmy Choo's! If I hadn't read it for years, I wouldn't believe it!
Old age agrees with you.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #38
Mac
Administrator

I think mystery32 is on to something... mystery32 isn't the 1st poster to say Sherri hasn't been out during the summer. Ortiz is our highest recruit to date. Even tho Mulkey will probably be a Mcdonald's All American, Let's see if we can Land Cox(I like our chances) before we start to call Sherri a master recruiter...
Old 01-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #39
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
You bet, if I get to go. As you said, her stats are outstanding and she does it against everyone she plays. Think about how good she could be in 2 years!
Are you going to Classen vs. Star Spencer game tonight? I can't make it tonight but would like to know if Taylor is ready for the Big 12.
Old 01-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #40
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Are you going to Classen vs. Star Spencer game tonight? I can't make it tonight but would like to know if Taylor is ready for the Big 12.
Yes, I will post my thoughts when I get home.
SoonerNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #41
mikeareese
Role Player

Good, looks like she is 2017.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #42
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

I just got back from the game. Here is my impression of Taylor:

Size and body: I am not sure how tall she is but I would guess 5'10". Body wise, she reminded me somewhat of Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis of UCONN. If Taylor played football, she would be a fullback or linebacker. She most certainly has a college ready body right now. As a side note, she looks a LOT like her Dad.

Athletic ability: I would say she is a good athlete but not great. She is as good of an athlete as Kornet, Maddie, Derica, etc. But, not as good as Sharane, LaNesia, Gioya, or Llanusa.

Ball handling: She is a good ball handler but not great. Again, I would compare her to Kornet, Maddie, and Derica. She was the best player Classen had to bring the ball up the court.

Shooting form: She has a somewhat unorthodox shooting stroke. It is very noticeable when she shoots free throws but actually she uses the same stroke all over the court but it isn't quite as noticeable when she releases the ball quicker.

Shooting accuracy:
She could beat anyone on Sherri's team, not named Gioya, right now in a game of horse. The girl can flat shoot it. I watched her in warmups and in one streak she made 8 of 9 threes. I would guess she shot between 15 and 20 free throws in the game and only missed 1 in the last 30 seconds of the game. She can and does shoot from anywhere. She not only shoots BTA well but she also gets inside often. Instead of using great quickness to get inside, she uses good ball handling skills and power. I don't know how many points she had but I would guess 35-40. It will be interesting to check the stats in a day or two.

Basketball IQ: On a scale of 1-10, I would give her a 9. She seemed to make very good decisions and seldom got herself in trouble even when Star-Spencer was trapping.

Area for improvement: I thought the one area in which she needs to improve is on the defensive end. Most high school players do not know how to play hard. They THINK they are playing hard but they aren't. That's Taylor. She does loaf a bit at times. It would not take Sherri long to have up playing hard every play.

Comments: I had to keep telling myself, "she's only a sophomore." She looks and plays like a senior or even a college freshman. Overall, I was impressed. How can you not like a player who can really shoot the basketball?!?!

She does have a younger sister who is about a 7th or 8th grader. One person said she plays just like Taylor.

Classen High School is a school for advanced studies. Students have to qualify to attend there.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:11 PM   #43
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

One more thing, I think Taylor will likely play the SF position in college.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #44
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

I want to say this about her power. You know how Sherri's girls use finesse or quickness to get to the rim and they often back out if they think someone might try to cut them off? Taylor doesn't worry about that. She will win that battle every time. She is not timid and she has plenty of power and strength and go wherever she wants to go. Would she run you over? Dang right if you're stupid enough to get in her way! The good news is, she wasn't called for a single charge.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #45
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
I just got back from the game. Here is my impression of Taylor:

Size and body: I am not sure how tall she is but I would guess 5'10". Body wise, she reminded me somewhat of Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis of UCONN. If Taylor played football, she would be a fullback or linebacker. She most certainly has a college ready body right now. As a side note, she looks a LOT like her Dad.

Athletic ability: I would say she is a good athlete but not great. She is as good of an athlete as Kornet, Maddie, Derica, etc. But, not as good as Sharane, LaNesia, Gioya, or Llanusa.

Ball handling: She is a good ball handler but not great. Again, I would compare her to Kornet, Maddie, and Derica. She was the best player Classen had to bring the ball up the court.

Shooting form: She has a somewhat unorthodox shooting stroke. It is very noticeable when she shoots free throws but actually she uses the same stroke all over the court but it isn't quite as noticeable when she releases the ball quicker.

Shooting accuracy:
She could beat anyone on Sherri's team, not named Gioya, right now in a game of horse. The girl can flat shoot it. I watched her in warmups and in one streak she made 8 of 9 threes. I would guess she shot between 15 and 20 free throws in the game and only missed 1 in the last 30 seconds of the game. She can and does shoot from anywhere. She not only shoots BTA well but she also gets inside often. Instead of using great quickness to get inside, she uses good ball handling skills and power. I don't know how many points she had but I would guess 35-40. It will be interesting to check the stats in a day or two.

Basketball IQ: On a scale of 1-10, I would give her a 9. She seemed to make very good decisions and seldom got herself in trouble even when Star-Spencer was trapping.

Area for improvement: I thought the one area in which she needs to improve is on the defensive end. Most high school players do not know how to play hard. They THINK they are playing hard but they aren't. That's Taylor. She does loaf a bit at times. It would not take Sherri long to have up playing hard every play.

Comments: I had to keep telling myself, "she's only a sophomore." She looks and plays like a senior or even a college freshman. Overall, I was impressed. How can you not like a player who can really shoot the basketball?!?!

She does have a younger sister who is about a 7th or 8th grader. One person said she plays just like Taylor.

Classen High School is a school for advanced studies. Students have to qualify to attend there.
Dang I hate missed the game!!!! Max Prep said she scored 55 points!!!!!!!!!! Dang!!!!!!!!! Is she the truth???

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-...fWCvqM34Jw.htm

Last edited by Oblivion; 01-27-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:53 PM   #46
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Dang I hate missed the game!!!! Max Prep said she scored 55 points!!!!!!!!!! Dang!!!!!!!!! Is she the truth???

http://www.maxpreps.com/games/girls-...fWCvqM34Jw.htm
Ya know, I started to guess 50 points but I was afraid I would look stupid if I was high so I intentionally brought the number down. I have to say though I'm not at all surprised she scored 55.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #47
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
Ya know, I started to guess 50 points but I was afraid I would look stupid if I was high so I intentionally brought the number down. I have to say though I'm not at all surprised she scored 55.
Wow wonder was any scouts at the game??? Hopefully I can watch her play again really soon!!! I hate I missed that GAME!!! Also, thanks for the detailed information!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:00 PM   #48
SoonerNorm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wow wonder was any scouts at the game??? Hopefully I can watch her play again really soon!!! I hate I missed that GAME!!! Also, thanks for the detailed information!
I looked around but did not see anyone wearing a shirt or jacket from any college. Not saying they weren't there, but if they were there, I didn't see them.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #49
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

Quote:
Not so much a loyalist as a BS identifier!
And you do that very well!!!
rocjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:00 PM   #50
Oblivion
Walk-on

Quote:
I looked around but did not see anyone wearing a shirt or jacket from any college. Not saying they weren't there, but if they were there, I didn't see them.
Do you think she has the height to compete with SF in the Big 12???