ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #1
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Default Sarah Andrews Home Visit

Sherri and Colton on a home visit yesterday

https://twitter.com/sarah_t2d/status...173380096?s=21
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:03 AM   #2
Mac
Administrator

Default Re: Sarah Andrews Home Visit

Would definitely be a impact player and more then likely a 4 year starter at ou
Old 03-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

About 5-6? I haven't checked yet. What else do you know. I'm getting ready to check her out.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Mac
Administrator

She could probably go to any school she wants to....

https://youtu.be/H7xg9ycWZVk
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #5
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
She could probably go to any school she wants to....

https://youtu.be/H7xg9ycWZVk
Probably.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl.../sarah-andrews
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
euphguy
Starter

If I were Sarah, I would have asked, "so, where's the rest of your coaching staff?" ��
euphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:29 PM   #7
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Default Sarah Andrews Home Visit

Point test. ROFL.

Well, signing her is probably too much to ask of any coach, no matter how great, to overcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #8
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Just about to say that she doesn't look like the right type of player for SC. I would be very surprised if she did not end up at Baylor given the previous comments. Let's hope she commits to OU though. She might be a program changer
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #9
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Just about to say that she doesn't look like the right type of player for SC. I would be very surprised if she did not end up at Baylor given the previous comments. Let's hope she commits to OU though. She might be a program changer
What previous comments?
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:21 PM   #10
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhsooner View Post
What previous comments?
The one from OUdallas..
Old 03-16-2019, 06:31 PM   #11
61sooner
Walk-on

Taking Colton on recruiting trips is like going to the airport carrying your bags by hand instead of having them on rollers. You look stupid and out-of-date.
61sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:04 PM   #12
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

I’m just making fun of him. I’ll let you guys figure out if he’s qualified. If we don’t land any of our targets, then I think we will have a pretty clear picture of his worth - not that he couldn’t grow into the job.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #13
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
I’m just making fun of him. I’ll let you guys figure out if he’s qualified. If we don’t land any of our targets, then I think we will have a pretty clear picture of his worth - not that he couldn’t grow into the job.

Looking at the some of the 2020 kids OU follows on twitter, I would be shocked if any of them would pick OU... I wouldn’t blame that on Jr, but just where the program is, unless we see major improvements with some of the kids already on the team, I don’t think OU will have a winning season....

Ou reminds me of Programs like Rutgers and UNC, and Purdue.... I didn’t start following women’s basketball until 2005, at the time these 3 schools along with OU were pretty elite, but not you see them as more of middle of the pack schools in there conferences... Rutgers made a good turn around this year, by going to Transfer/ GS route, Maybe Sherri can turn things around, but I think history suggests otherwise....
Old 03-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #14
atlantasooner
All-Conference

Sadly but if Sherri is going to do this right.
New assistants are not arriving until after the tourney.
No elite assistant or young up and coming assistant and that's hopefully the
target pool is going to leave their tourney team mid tournament.

Just like it LR had to wait out Grinch's bowl game. And was the right move.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #15
annabelle
Walk-on

odds are this recruit will end up @ baylor.
annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #16
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle View Post
odds are this recruit will end up @ baylor.
Same thing was said about Alexis Jones and she went to Duke before Baylor, the fact that she’s entertaining other coaches could mean other...

I tell you the only thing worst then some of the “Sherri is god” posters on this board, is the Baylor fans who consistently think Baylor is the best thing since sliced bread... Baylor is good at winning one of the weaker conference every year, playing a bunch of cupcakes in preseason, and getting upset by a lower seed in the NCAA tournament every year.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #17
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Truth often isn’t.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #18
Mac
Administrator

Baylor, Florida St, Louisville, Mississippi St, and Texas is the final five for Andrews...
Old 08-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #19
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Baylor, Florida St, Louisville, Mississippi St, and Texas is the final five for Andrews...

Not surprised by these selections other than Connecticut is not on this list. It's getting extremely boring how predictable commitments are these days. I don't recall the last time a top recruit went somewhere unexpected, Maybe not since Delle Donne.. I wish there was more parody with this aspect women's college basketball. Not looking good so far for the class of '20. Maybe there are some good serious prospects we don't know about outside of Jenkins and Tot. If neither of them pic the Sooners we might have another dud class. But then again, what do we expect after only winning 24 games in the past 2 years?! if I were a serious player that wanted to eventually go to the WNBA and be seen in the college game I wouldn't go to a team that may not make the tournament the next few years.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #20
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Not surprised by these selections other than Connecticut is not on this list. It's getting extremely boring how predictable commitments are these days. I don't recall the last time a top recruit went somewhere unexpected, Maybe not since Delle Donne.. I wish there was more parody with this aspect women's college basketball. Not looking good so far for the class of '20. Maybe there are some good serious prospects we don't know about outside of Jenkins and Tot. If neither of them pic the Sooners we might have another dud class. But then again, what do we expect after only winning 24 games in the past 2 years?! if I were a serious player that wanted to eventually go to the WNBA and be seen in the college game I wouldn't go to a team that may not make the tournament the next few years.
By the looks of things on Twitter, unless there is 1 or 2 kids out there who will be surprising us, it looks like the Recruiting focus is now on the 2021 class... if we can have a good season this year the 2021 class could be a good one, starting with Moore.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:49 PM   #21
sybarite
National Champion

UConn gor the PG that they wanted from somewhere in Europe. I think Texas got one from Australia and one from here. We got a point guard who was highly-rated from the Metroplex last year. No reason to be all that excited about another. Both Baylor and Texas had highly-rated PGs transfer out, as did we. I'm not so sure we all aren't better for it.

I think we have our 2019-2020 team and have had. I don't know how Lemon fits yet. But, I think we will do OK with Bloom, Lampkin, and Williston. One or two of them might be better than what is thought. We don't have the depth at post that Baylor has. Brown and Cox was tough. Assuming Cox can go, Egbo and Cox will be good, although not Brown quality. I just don't think we will be as helpless as we were last year in the interior.

With Liz and Gabby to help Madi, we should be a bit better at rebounding forward positions. That helps. But, it also helps that we have scorers this year. We really ended up dependent on Ana or Taylor having a good day, and both were green.

An added summer to work together along with the addition of Liz and Gabby should add a few wins. I doubt we are #1 or 2 in the conference. But,, I think we can be competitive for #3, and growing. We will still be the youngest team in the conference. We have two juniors, six sophs, and 3 freshmen to go with Lemon.

I think 2021 and 22 will be better years for prospects. I just didn't see people going crazy this year. There wasn't a Lauren Cox. FOY is wide open for someone unknown from this class. I would like to get both Tot and Jenkins, just for the remarks I've seen about Tot's toughness and to add to the big forward type group with Madi and Liz.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #22
mikeareese
Role Player

Still in on J Jenkins for 2020.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:37 AM   #23
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Except Delle Donne went to UCONN...then transferred home to Delaware.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote