ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 12-02-2019, 02:11 PM   #1
Mac
Administrator

Default Talia Von Oelhoffen

A wing in the 2021 class is top10 and list Ou in her top 5, we are in good company when it comes to her final 5 so shes clearly the real deal... its going to be a big challenge but atlest she liked something about OU... unless she a super religious kid I cant see why she would pick OU.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...-von-oelhoffen
Old 12-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #2
sybarite
National Champion

Default Re: Talia Von Oelhoffen

Oel = oil
hoffen= to hope

Maybe this time.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
inoref
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
A wing in the 2021 class is top10 and list Ou in her top 5, we are in good company when it comes to her final 5 so shes clearly the real deal... its going to be a big challenge but atlest she liked something about OU... unless she a super religious kid I cant see why she would pick OU.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl...-von-oelhoffen
Chance to play for HOF coach and her son
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #4
sooner8693
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
chance to play for hof coach and her son
roflmao
sooner8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #5
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

Or she can play for a HOF coach who has won several National Championships!!!!!!
rocjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:22 PM   #6
SuperHoops
Role Player

One of these things is not like the others.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:49 PM   #7
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHoops View Post
One of these things is not like the others.
?--One

Neither UCLA nor Oregon State have HOF coaches.
UCLA has never been in the Final Four.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #8
Mac
Administrator

Stanford has a commitment from the number one wing in the 2021 class... she would also have to qualify academically to go there. UConn is probably going to sign Fudd, and they will have 4 other wing players there by the time the 2021 class arrives, so finding minutes there could be hard for Talia to find as a freshman. Maybe that could help OU land her who could walk into a starting role in 2021...
Old 12-03-2019, 03:02 PM   #9
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Stanford has a commitment from the number one wing in the 2021 class... she would also have to qualify academically to go there. UConn is probably going to sign Fudd, and they will have 4 other wing players there by the time the 2021 class arrives, so finding minutes there could be hard for Talia to find as a freshman. Maybe that could help OU land her who could walk into a starting role in 2021...
You would think that Stiles would have an advantage in recruiting someone like von Oelhoffen or Wolfenbarger. Getting either would be a big, big deal.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #10
Soonerguy06
Role Player

No way in Hades do we sign this girl. If we do I will be very impressed and hopeful for our future. Although Madi received the same ratings and I've not quite been impressed with her thus far.. anyone know any other great class of '21 recruits we are in on?
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:37 PM   #11
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
No way in Hades do we sign this girl. If we do I will be very impressed and hopeful for our future. Although Madi received the same ratings and I've not quite been impressed with her thus far.. anyone know any other great class of '21 recruits we are in on?
I concur that to date Madi has been far less on the court than was projected for her coming out of high school where she was ranked as a 5*, #1 wing and #8 prospect in the country by Prospect Nation.

Her potential is obvious but her productivity is very lacking in consistency. Hopefully that will change this year.

https://soonersports.com/sports/wome...-williams/2303
Old 12-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #12
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Oelhoffen, Aaliyah Moore, Jersey Wolfenbarger, and Sara Puckett are all players who have been offered by OU... Im not sure the last time OU was in on 3 top 20 players.... I cant see Sherri being let go because of this... unfortunately none of the girls listed would fix our problem at center. Oelhoffen and Wolfenbarger both have point guard skills so Im not sure what positions they will be playing in college.... Oelhoffen scored 23 points in her season opener last night, coaches from Stanford and Oregon State were in attendance.

Regarding Madi, it would appear that she is who she is, an undersized post player... I think shes playing out of position at OU, but doesnt have much choice.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #13
sybarite
National Champion

As a freshman, Madi was:

16th in the Big Twelve Conference in scoring

5th in the Big Twelve Conference in rebounding.