ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 11-26-2019, 10:33 PM   #1
Salt City Sooner
Role Player

Exclamation Stephen F. Austin 85 Duke 83 F

@ Cameron Indoor. :O

-John Wooden-
Salt City Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
red recluse
Starter

Default Re: Stephen F. Austin 85 Duke 83 F

that was fun. i dont get that excited for other teams outside of march. great, emotional interview after as well.
red recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:40 PM   #3
skyvue
Elite Eight

Wow. That's an amazing upset.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:55 PM   #4
oudna
All-American

Look like it came out of his hand at 0.1
oudna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:14 AM   #5
coolm
National Champion

get to see that last 10 minutes and OT of that game. Duke was up 15 in the first half and the lumberjacks just took it straight at them and played right in your face defense. that was an amazing win.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:18 AM   #6
CoachTalk
Final Four

We lost to Stanford and folks flip. Duke loses to SFA.

It happens. Always nice for the little guy to win sometimes.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:33 AM   #7
WaymanFan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post

Lets be fair, Coach. Although you didn't read any reactionary posts from me, please tell me one fan base in the country that wouldn't "flip" if their team started a game down by a lopsided football score of 17-0 and never competed in a blowout loss to an unranked team on a neutral court. Chalk it up to human nature.

As for SFA beating Duke, that made my month - seeing all those Duke fans witnessing that debacle...wouldn't mind reading a few posts from their fan base.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:39 AM   #8
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaymanFan View Post
Lets be fair, Coach. Although you didn't read any reactionary posts from me, please tell me one fan base in the country that wouldn't "flip" if their team started a game down by a lopsided football score of 17-0 and never competed in a blowout loss to an unranked team on a neutral court. Chalk it up to human nature.

As for SFA beating Duke, that made my month - seeing all those Duke fans witnessing that debacle...wouldn't mind reading a few posts from their fan base.
Some people try to contrrol the part of human nature that makes them react to things that displease them like a 3 year old having a tantrum. Others don't

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:02 AM   #9
Eielson
All-Conference

Quote:

I'm not gonna flip out about one game in November, but I'd rather lose to SFA in OT by 2 than get run out of the gym by Stanford.

At least I think. That time Capel lost to SFA was pretty demoralizing.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:12 AM   #10
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I'm not gonna flip out about one game in November, but I'd rather lose to SFA in OT by 2 than get run out of the gym by Stanford.
SFA is currently ranked 222nd in Kenpom, and that's after last night's game. Stanford is 58th.

I won't speak to how you'd react, but I can quite easily imagine the reaction on this board if OU lost -- even by 2 points -- to the 222nd ranked team in the country. The phrase "total meltdown" comes to mind.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:40 AM   #11
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
SFA is currently ranked 222nd in Kenpom, and that's after last night's game. Stanford is 58th.

I won't speak to how you'd react, but I can quite easily imagine the reaction on this board if OU lost -- even by 2 points -- to the 222nd ranked team in the country. The phrase "total meltdown" comes to mind.
Agree.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:19 AM   #12
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Some people try to contrrol the part of human nature that makes them react to things that displease them like a 3 year old having a tantrum. Others don't
woot!
Old 11-27-2019, 10:28 AM   #13
steverocks35
All-American

Quote:

I didn’t “flip” because we lost. I “flipped” because we played with no heart, no effort, no organization and no defense.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #14
opsooner
Final Four

I suspect that everyone accused on here of “flipping” after Monday was still watching on Tuesday. Some fans are just more emotional than others and nothing wrong with that as long as they don’t go burn their house down. The true “flippers” are the ones who give up and don’t show support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:07 AM   #15
Sooner04
All-Conference

Good for the Lumberjacks!

I've sat through not one, but TWO SFA wins inside the Lloyd Noble Center. Their old skipper, Danny Kaspar, coached the doors of Blake Griffin's first OU team. Had Capel's head spinning. I've kinda/sorta followed him and the Lumberjack program ever since.

Any Duke loss should be celebrated!
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #16
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
Good for the Lumberjacks!

I've sat through not one, but TWO SFA wins inside the Lloyd Noble Center. Their old skipper, Danny Kaspar, coached the doors of Blake Griffin's first OU team. Had Capel's head spinning. I've kinda/sorta followed him and the Lumberjack program ever since.

Any Duke loss should be celebrated!
They play some good ball. I was so surprised to see how poorly they had done last season. Their defense is excellent. That Harris kid's fun to watch and Kensmil just has a ton of gumption. He didnt back down a bit.

Truth was Duke choked. I mean not only to let them back down 15 but definitely in OT. But those SFA kids hung tough in there and clawed through it. They deserve credit.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #17
Eielson
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post

Stanford better be a lot better than 58 with the way they ran us out of the gym. Otherwise maybe I should freak out.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:45 PM   #18
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
I didn’t “flip” because we lost. I “flipped” because we played with no heart, no effort, no organization and no defense.
Your story. You tell it.

You expect us to be perfect every game. With 7 newcomers. I agree we played like doo doo.

I can control myself. You can’t.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #19
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Isn't it funny that people are still preoccupied with posting about this game as opposed to the nice bounceback last night?

I get it, we played like crap Monday. Stanford isn't great but they are a solid team who played very well Monday. We've already seen multiple top teams lose at home to overmatched opponents this season. Those games will have no bearing on how the season as whole goes for those teams. I'd guess that by year's end, there won't be a single team that doesn't have at least one horrid game. If it comes against a solid team on top of their game, it can lead to a blowout. It happens. It doesn't mean the team lacks heart, is lazy, or that an entire starting lineup should be benched. Thank God Lon doesn't hit the panic button ... and funny how few people have mentioned the start that the same five guys got us off to last night.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:10 PM   #20
steverocks35
All-American

Quote:
Your story. You tell it.

You expect us to be perfect every game. With 7 newcomers. I agree we played like doo doo.

I can control myself. You can’t.
I don’t expect perfection but I do expect good effort and heart, every single night. I posted criticism based on that expectation on a message board. In fact it was fair criticism based on what I was seeing on the court. If anything I said was “out of control” please cite it specifically and let me know. If you check the game thread from last night I posted several positive comments based on the turnaround that was evident. If you can’t handle criticism of a team on a message board then maybe I’m not the problem.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:54 PM   #21
Stikboy
All-Conference

LOL nobody was still *****ing about Monday night on this thread, until people started taking shots at some who complained on the game thread. Amazing.

I’ve said before, and it blows my mind how some simply cannot get it through their pea brains. This is a sports message board. When said team of message board plays bad, fans vent. This is something that happens on about 5,534,675 of the 5,534,675 other sports message boards in existence. How is that so inexplicably hard to understand? Wow. I give up!

Maybe this board will work for some of you:

http://Www.weregoodnomatterwhatidont...utupshutup.com
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:27 AM   #22
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Isn't it funny that people are still preoccupied with posting about this game as opposed to the nice bounceback last night?

I get it, we played like crap Monday. Stanford isn't great but they are a solid team who played very well Monday. We've already seen multiple top teams lose at home to overmatched opponents this season. Those games will have no bearing on how the season as whole goes for those teams. I'd guess that by year's end, there won't be a single team that doesn't have at least one horrid game. If it comes against a solid team on top of their game, it can lead to a blowout. It happens. It doesn't mean the team lacks heart, is lazy, or that an entire starting lineup should be benched. Thank God Lon doesn't hit the panic button ... and funny how few people have mentioned the start that the same five guys got us off to last night.
Your bf and comrade Coach started the detour BTW. Also read STIKBOY's post

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:35 PM   #23
Soonerinkc
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikboy View Post
LOL nobody was still *****ing about Monday night on this thread, until people started taking shots at some who complained on the game thread. Amazing.

I’ve said before, and it blows my mind how some simply cannot get it through their pea brains. This is a sports message board. When said team of message board plays bad, fans vent. This is something that happens on about 5,534,675 of the 5,534,675 other sports message boards in existence. How is that so inexplicably hard to understand? Wow. I give up!

Maybe this board will work for some of you:

http://Www.weregoodnomatterwhatidont...utupshutup.com
AMEN....

As prob most of you, I’m usually at home watching by myself... or with my mother in law...

“Venting” on the thread is like being at the game and talking to a buddy...it’s just that, nothing more nothing less.

Crap I could have yelled at Manek Monday night after he didn’t get the call and sulked his way back giving Stanford a 5/4 break ) he would have heard me with the 2000 fans) ...but I didn’t 😉
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote