ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 11-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #126
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: OU vs Maryland Eastern Shore 7pm FSOK

Seems to be a lot of angst about our three-point defense. That seemed odd so I checked the numbers and they show that our opponents are making 31 percent, assuming my math was correct. I'd sign up for that any day of the week. Take away a hot half in each of the last couple games, which was certainly an aberration in Eastern Shore's case, and it just hasn't been an issue. I think our numbers were also very good last season, but there always is the perception that everyone lights us up from three. Maybe it is natural for people to focus on/remember the times opponents get hot and forget the many times where teams struggle from distance.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:03 PM   #127
inoref
All-American

Could be...when a team misses a 3pt shot they tend to get rebound makes it seem worse than it really is (3pt defense)..But I seen many times the other team had open looks.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #128
coolm
National Champion

our shooting has been taking a bit to warm up and the quick 3's some of our guys tend to take lead to open looks on the other end of the court. MES took advantage of that early and it got them warmed up. that's all. when our guys settle down and find their spots quicker a lot of that goes away. plus we still don't have our defensive rotations down pat just yet so we're behind on some switches which exacerbates the problem. experience will cut much of this out.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote