ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Campus Corner

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,289
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabull View Post
And just think, poor Jurick had to settle for a team that came into the empty LNC and couldn't beat the OU team you describe.

That phone call from Kruger never came.
You are blinded by your bias and hatred for OSU.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #27
Tony
Sweet 16
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC. Ish.
Posts: 3,839
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
Winning with others' talent, or can't coach up talent? Because those are mutually exclusive ideas.
How are those mutually exclusive?
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #28
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,949
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
How are those mutually exclusive?
You gotta remember, that statement came from an aggie.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #29
bocabull
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,849
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

The last information about OU recruiting Jurick came on March 1 when he told William Jennings that OU led.

Please provide any evidence that Kruger recruited Jurick because I have seen none. What we do know is that this weekend Kruger landed a 6'9" transfer and the next day Jurick settled for an inferior program.
bocabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #30
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,289
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabull View Post
The last information about OU recruiting Jurick came on March 1 when he told William Jennings that OU led.

Please provide any evidence that Kruger recruited Jurick because I have seen none. What we do know is that this weekend Kruger landed a 6'9" transfer and the next day Jurick settles for an inferior program.
We didnt know that Kruger was recruiting Amath either, but he was (obviously).
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #31
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,185
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

I gotta agree with boca here. Not judging Jurick at all with this message, or whether he could have helped OU, but I'm inclined to believe LK passed on Jurick. There is no evidence at all that that LK contacted him, or tried to recruit him to OU. That may not be 100% true, but I think it's a lot more likely then LK reached out, and Jurick all the sudden committed to a school that I didn't even know he was looking at.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #32
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,242
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Jurick is an amazing signing for them...he will be the second coming of Frans Steyn
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #33
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 10,289
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
I gotta agree with boca here. Not judging Jurick at all with this message, or whether he could have helped OU, but I'm inclined to believe LK passed on Jurick. There is no evidence at all that that LK contacted him, or tried to recruit him to OU. That may not be 100% true, but I think it's a lot more likely then LK reached out, and Jurick all the sudden committed to a school that I didn't even know he was looking at.
There was no evidence of OU recruiting Amath, but they were. Jurick had ALREADY used an official visit to come to OU. He had a relationship with Capel. Once Capel was fired, it was over. He took his remaining visits and chose OK State.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #34
oSuJeff97
Starter
 
oSuJeff97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,261
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
How are those mutually exclusive?
OK... let me break this down for you.

The guy I was responding to said that Ford could bring in talent, but couldn't coach them.

Previous criticism on this site of Ford was that he wins, but only with talent from Sean.

So if Ford can't "coach" talent, then how did he win with Sean's talent?
oSuJeff97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #35
oSuJeff97
Starter
 
oSuJeff97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,261
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
Jurick is an amazing signing for them...he will be the second coming of Frans Steyn


oSuJeff97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #36
Tony
Sweet 16
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC. Ish.
Posts: 3,839
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
OK... let me break this down for you.

The guy I was responding to said that Ford could bring in talent, but couldn't coach them.

Previous criticism on this site of Ford was that he wins, but only with talent from Sean.

So if Ford can't "coach" talent, then how did he win with Sean's talent?
What? Am I missing something here?

If Ford can't "coach" talent, he won with Sean Sutton's talent because Sean Sutton's talent was talented. Not because he is a good bench coach.

I'm stipulating the criticism, here, although I don't necessarily agree with it.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #37
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,242
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

I don't understand where/why some of you think Ford is a bad coach ... I don't see him as a bad coach at all.

I mean - obviously your opinion may differ but I can't see where the objective evidence supports that view.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #38
bocabull
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,849
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Let me break it down. osu has average players, a hillbilly coach with 1 tournament win in his entire career and is well below average as an academic institution.

And none of that is changing because they signed a juco center OU passed on.
bocabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:46 PM   #39
skyvue
Elite Eight
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 5,245
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
this year's team wasn't as good, but did win 20 games.
And against such an impressive schedule, too! It's plain to see that whoever handles the oswho basketball schedule has taken lessons from their football scheduler. All it takes to make aggies happy is wins, they don't much care who they come against.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #40
osu_cowboy_007
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
And against such an impressive schedule, too! It's plain to see that whoever handles the oswho basketball schedule has taken lessons from their football scheduler. All it takes to make aggies happy is wins, they don't much care who they come against.
We should have played the likes of Chaminade, oh wait...
osu_cowboy_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 PM   #41
Ou Tugfest
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Wasn't osu's SOS better than ou's? Or around the same? Not sure why it keeps coming up.
Ou Tugfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #42
Tony
Sweet 16
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC. Ish.
Posts: 3,839
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu_cowboy_007 View Post
We should have played the likes of Chaminade, oh wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU Tugfest
Wasn't osu's SOS better than ou's? Or around the same? Not sure why it keeps coming up.
Yeah, we played a crappy schedule and our team sucked. You aren't going to see anyone here say otherwise. We fired our coach. It's unacceptable to OU fans.

Is it to Oklahoma State fans? Are you defending your non-conference schedule or is it just "you guys' sucks too?" Because that's a horrible argument.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #43
NAIA All-Star
All-Conference
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,339
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabull View Post
And none of that is changing because they signed a juco center OU passed on.
Hasn't been confirmed either way. I've heard that OU/Kruger is looking at a guy named Casey Arent from California...6'10 240...kind of similar to Jurick. I highly doubt Kruger turns down Jurick to talk to Olaseni.
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #44
T_Neal's Twitter
Walk-on
 
T_Neal's Twitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OKC, Norman
Posts: 377
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Franz Steyn runs the floor way better than Jurick. In my (trying to be) unbiased opinion, Jurick will be a good shotblocker and post defender in the half court, but honestly, he cant get up and down the court worth a damn. He has his strengths that will help out, but don't expect him to be Big Country or anything.
__________________
"Anyone who doubts my team will pay for it.....watch"

-Steven Pledger

"That's the thing about this team, we love each other. That's why we're going to be successfull."

-Romero Osby
T_Neal's Twitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #45
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKC
Posts: 5,247
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Came to read my ou basketball board and lo and behold.. Osu is all up in it.. Still trying to justify themselves to daddy.. You guys are garbage.
__________________

Spangler dunking on "the piece of crap"
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #46
T_Neal's Twitter
Walk-on
 
T_Neal's Twitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OKC, Norman
Posts: 377
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.


And I think this video proves my point.

Great shot blocker, biggest guy on the court, absolutely no motor.
__________________
"Anyone who doubts my team will pay for it.....watch"

-Steven Pledger

"That's the thing about this team, we love each other. That's why we're going to be successfull."

-Romero Osby
T_Neal's Twitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #47
Max Power
Elite Eight
 
Max Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,877
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
OK... let me break this down for you.

The guy I was responding to said that Ford could bring in talent, but couldn't coach them.

Previous criticism on this site of Ford was that he wins, but only with talent from Sean.

So if Ford can't "coach" talent, then how did he win with Sean's talent?
Coach Capel won with Blake, whats your point. Talent wins
__________________
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end." - Larry Bird

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #48
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,242
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Neal's Twitter View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pchk06-4lc

And I think this video proves my point.

Great shot blocker, biggest guy on the court, absolutely no motor.
are we talking about that great white dope who never makes it back to either basket before a shot is taken?

my dead granny is faster than him.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #49
JBaker
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,914
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooneraia View Post
Are you freaking kidding me! That's two, count em, that were really leaning to OU during the recruiting period, and basically kicked us in the a** by signing with Okie Light. I can't believe with our lack of size, he went with them. Mark it down, they will own us next year (and probably the year after).
They couldn't beat us with Capel as our coach.
I don't see how that changes.
JBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #50
topcat
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 347
Default Re: Jurick signs with Oklahoma State.... OSU joins the fray.

1st we lose Goff who happens to be the #3 juco player in the nation then we choke in baseball against the aggies and now we lose Jurick to the aggies?

I'd like some good news for a change.
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com