ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Campus Corner

Old 01-13-2009, 11:03 PM   #1
kjsooner
Banned

Default Kansas Jayhawks?

Any chance they could give us problems later on in the year? We owe them big time.
kjsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Default Re: Kansas Jayhawks?

Never take a victory over KU for granted.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
BigTime
The Red Wig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Never take a victory over KU for granted.
True, but I will going ahead and predict a victory. Nobody is going to beat us at home this year! Fan Support + Blake + Willie + Crock + close-knit, solid supporting cast = Victory.

*barring injuries

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
-BBS
BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
Snr4Life
Walk-on

We do owe them, plus they have to come to Norman this year so hopefully it will be another crazy LNC atmosphere.
Snr4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
datsooner10
Starter

To be honest they are not that good on the road this year, wouldn't be surprised if it went like the Texas game
datsooner10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
Snr4Life
Walk-on

I would love to beat KU by 15 or so like we did Texas, but honestly all I want is a win over KU.
Snr4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #7
Cheno
Resident Hawk

I definitely think OU beats KU this year. Without a doubt. But KU does give OU a tough matchup with personnel. KU's has a big, great defensive center who COULD slow Blake down a bit. And then KU has a fantastic PG that OU will have to contain. Those are two area's that matchup well with OU. That being said I think OU wins by 10.
Cheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
Seymore Cox
National Champion

First, Blake is too quick for the sloth footed Aldrich. Blake showed me alot in the way he played against a big guy in Pittman.

Second, this would be a game where OU would have better head-to-head matchups across the line except against Collins.

Third, it will be at home late in the season when OU is trying to stregnthen their seeding and clinch the conference.

Forth, a Willie Warren motivation game. Willie has had 4 games when his motor was running sky high, once against Stephon Curry on national TV, the NIT championship, back home in Texas against Rice, and against former best friend at Arkansas. His recruitment with KU was bittersweet with some fall out. He may go for 30 again.

OU by 15 and will probably lead by 20-25 at some point.
Seymore Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
gracefor24
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMess View Post
First, Blake is too quick for the sloth footed Aldrich. Blake showed me alot in the way he played against a big guy in Pittman.

Second, this would be a game where OU would have better head-to-head matchups across the line except against Collins.

Third, it will be at home late in the season when OU is trying to stregnthen their seeding and clinch the conference.

Forth, a Willie Warren motivation game. Willie has had 4 games when his motor was running sky high, once against Stephon Curry on national TV, the NIT championship, back home in Texas against Rice, and against former best friend at Arkansas. His recruitment with KU was bittersweet with some fall out. He may go for 30 again.

OU by 15 and will probably lead by 20-25 at some point.
First of all if you think Aldrich is a sloth you must have never watched him play. He moves very well for a big man. He will defend Griffin well near the basket. The place he will get in trouble is outside 10 feet, there Griffin is definitely quicker and will blow by him, but that's what happens when a 6'11 guy guards a 6'8 guy.

Collins is a bad matchup for OU but it isn't enough to beat OU at Lloyd Noble.

I'd like to hear about the fallout with KU's recruitment of Warren because I've never heard anything from the KU side except they were extremely disappointed they didn't get him.

Tyshawn Taylor and WW is going to be a great matchup of freshman guards. I doubt WW goes for 30 but I know he'll have a great game.
gracefor24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
Cheno
Resident Hawk

Yes, Aldrich is a slow-footed stiff. The fact he's now an All-Big 12 1st or 2nd team player as a sophomore shows NCHCBS is the best coach in the country.
What he's done wit Aldrich rivals the invention of the internet.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheno View Post
Yes, Aldrich is a slow-footed stiff. The fact he's now an All-Big 12 1st or 2nd team player as a sophomore shows NCHCBS is the best coach in the country.
NCHCBS???? Have you been rollin with the aggies??? Aldrich is the second coming of Ostertag. He will be a dunking stick for Blake. I Wouldn't be suprised if WW goes Xavier Henry on him and serves him up teabag style. Little, Taylor and Morningstar aren't going to know what hit them when Blake and the boys get at them. Austin Johnson is going to put those long arms on Collins and make him shoot 8/27 like Abrams. And yeah Grace, I've seen cement feet play. His claim to fame was outperforming Hansborough. That matchup was like watching turtles race.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #12
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
I did not know that AlGore was coaching at KU. What happened to Slick, I mean Bill Self?????

Old 01-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
I did not know that AlGore was coaching at KU. What happened to Slick, I mean Bill Self?????

That's not Bill Self, that's NCHCBS.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
That's not Bill Self, that's NCHCBS.
He will always be 'Slick' to me. My daughter's basketball coach was at OSU when Self was and he called him Slick. It wasn't a term of endearment.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #15
gracefor24
Sweet 16

Quote:
NCHCBS???? Have you been rollin with the aggies??? Aldrich is the second coming of Ostertag. He will be a dunking stick for Blake. I Wouldn't be suprised if WW goes Xavier Henry on him and serves him up teabag style. Little, Taylor and Morningstar aren't going to know what hit them when Blake and the boys get at them. Austin Johnson is going to put those long arms on Collins and make him shoot 8/27 like Abrams. And yeah Grace, I've seen cement feet play. His claim to fame was outperforming Hansborough. That matchup was like watching turtles race.
Comparing Aldrich to Ostertag is just ridiculous and shows how little you know about basketball (that is if you're serious which I hope you aren't). Aldrich is playing better this year than Ostertag ever did, is much more athletic, and a way better shooter.

He is a good matchup for Blake around the basket but isn't quick enough to guard him away from there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in early foul trouble and at that point KU is in big trouble!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #16
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracefor24 View Post
Comparing Aldrich to Ostertag is just ridiculous and shows how little you know about basketball (that is if you're serious which I hope you aren't). Aldrich is playing better this year than Ostertag ever did, is much more athletic, and a way better shooter.

He is a good matchup for Blake around the basket but isn't quick enough to guard him away from there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in early foul trouble and at that point KU is in big trouble!
Yeah, I have so little basketball knowledge, especially compared to a guy. like Then you try to break down this dunking sticks game. You can't be serious. Then you try and justify this stiff being able hang with Blake? Go back and look at some old Athletes First versus Fox Valley games and see how a raw Blake did against Aldrich. I think he may have had a triple double against them. Also go to rivals and pull up some old olympic festival footage. Cole Aldrich come to an NBA injured reserve roster near you.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #17
gracefor24
Sweet 16

Quote:
Yeah, I have so little basketball knowledge, especially compared to a guy. like Then you try to break down this dunking sticks game. You can't be serious. Then you try and justify this stiff being able hang with Blake? Go back and look at some old Athletes First versus Fox Valley games and see how a raw Blake did against Aldrich. I think he may have had a triple double against them. Also go to rivals and pull up some old olympic festival footage. Cole Aldrich come to an NBA injured reserve roster near you.
LOL, you are a joke dude. Everyone in the country knows that Blake is better than Aldrich. That isn't up for debate. But that doesn't make Aldrich a stiff, unless being a stiff means 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Yeah, he's a real loser! HAHAHA!

Who cares what they did in HS? I didn't know we were talking about HS. All that matters is how they are playing now. Aldrich is playing at a really high level and has improved a ton. Blake is by far the best player in the country. It should be a great matchup.
Also, as you and I are arguing on a message board Greg Ostertag is enjoying the $48 million that he made in the league!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #18
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
LOL, you are a joke dude. Everyone in the country knows that Blake is better than Aldrich. That isn't up for debate. But that doesn't make Aldrich a stiff, unless being a stiff means 15 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Yeah, he's a real loser! HAHAHA!

Who cares what they did in HS? I didn't know we were talking about HS. All that matters is how they are playing now. Aldrich is playing at a really high level and has improved a ton. Blake is by far the best player in the country. It should be a great matchup.
Also, as you and I are arguing on a message board Greg Ostertag is enjoying the $48 million that he made in the league!

15pts 10rbs 3bks, sounds like Ostertag's last year at KU. Jerry Sloan is breaking down Aldrich film as we speak. Man, Aldrich is going to single handedly boost NBA poster sales. And yes, I'm aware Ostertag had a long NBA career, which is why I made the comparison. If I thought he were a total stiff, I would have called him Chenowith. Bob Knight is high on Aldrich though, he's one of the top 2 or 3 sophomores in the same league as blake.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #19
gracefor24
Sweet 16

Quote:
15pts 10rbs 3bks, sounds like Ostertag's last year at KU. Jerry Sloan is breaking down Aldrich film as we speak. Man, Aldrich is going to single handedly boost NBA poster sales. And yes, I'm aware Ostertag had a long NBA career, which is why I made the comparison. If I thought he were a total stiff, I would have called him Chenowith.
Ostertag's senior year averages were 9.6 points and 7.5 rebounds. Nice try. His sophomore averages were 5 and 4!! Want to try another comparison?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
Cheno
Resident Hawk

Quote:
He will always be 'Slick' to me. My daughter's basketball coach was at OSU when Self was and he called him Slick. It wasn't a term of endearment.
No, it sounds like a term of jealousy. Self has become NCHCBS and that guy is coaching YMCA girls basketball.

DirtyMess you are starting to sound like an arrogant gawk.
Success will do that to you...typically it takes a little bit longer though.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #21
gracefor24
Sweet 16

Quote:
No, it sounds like a term of jealousy. Self has become NCHCBS and that guy is coaching YMCA girls basketball.

Wow, that's a low blow. You're not going to stand for that, are you DM?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #22
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:

It ain't like that, but when OU's on top no one wants to give em their props. Aggie fans talk about how bad OU's guards are and figure if they could slow down blake, they will win. Well Blake has been slowed down and OU is 16-1. Now you KU guys are talking about KU matching up well with OU. The only thing KU has over OU is Collins and depth. You guys hang on this board, just give OU their props. OU fans knew we would get beat in Lawrence, we were just hoping it would be close. We knew a top 5 KU squad was far superior to a 4th or 5th place OU team. Well the role is reversed and OU is a top 5 squad and a 4th or 5th place KU team is coming into Norman. Give us our props and don't tell me how a 6'10 guy that Blake has been outplaying since High School is all of a sudden going to be a good matchup for him. And don't get me started on the aggies.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #23
gracefor24
Sweet 16

Quote:
It ain't like that, but when OU's on top no one wants to give em their props. Aggie fans talk about how bad OU's guards are and figure if they could slow down blake, they will win. Well Blake has been slowed down and OU is 16-1. Now you KU guys are talking about KU matching up well with OU. The only thing KU has over OU is Collins and depth. You guys hang on this board, just give OU their props. OU fans knew we would get beat in Lawrence, we were just hoping it would be close. We knew a top 5 KU squad was far superior to a 4th or 5th place OU team. Well the role is reversed and OU is a top 5 squad and a 4th or 5th place KU team is coming into Norman. Give us our props and don't tell me how a 6'10 guy that Blake has been outplaying since High School is all of a sudden going to be a good matchup for him. And don't get me started on the aggies.
Dude, back away from the bong. If you think Cheno and I haven't given KU props then you can't read. If you don't think that Aldrich is a good matchup for Blake around the basket then I don't know how to help you. He is as good of a matchup as there is for Blake. Which means he makes him work and he has to shoot over long arms and probably ends with 20 and 10!

OU has a really good team this year and should beat KU at home. I don't know what more props you want us to give OU.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #24
Cheno
Resident Hawk

Quote:
Nobody wants to give OU their props? Huh
Grace and I both said OU would beat KU. I said by double figures. When OU struggled a bit vs KSU many OU fans were hear ripping them. Grace and I were saying wait a minute that's a good win on the road. You need to slow your roll their dude. I said Aldrich was a good matchup against Blake. He is comparitively speaking. He's the toughest matchup for him in the Big 12 that's for sure. Nobody said he'd stop him but it will be a tougher matchup. Especially when Blake guards him. KU feeds him a lot so Blake will have to stay out of foul trouble. Which I think he will, but it won't be a walk in the park. So what you are saying is OU will win by 30?
Old 01-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #25
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
Dude, back away from the bong. If you think Cheno and I haven't given KU props then you can't read. If you don't think that Aldrich is a good matchup for Blake around the basket then I don't know how to help you. He is as good of a matchup as there is for Blake. Which means he makes him work and he has to shoot over long arms and probably ends with 20 and 10!

OU has a really good team this year and should beat KU at home. I don't know what more props you want us to give OU.
Is this Jimmy Dikes? Pittman was suppose to be a good matchup for Blake. People talked about the 7ft Pittman outplaying Blake in the Big12 tourney last year, but Blake put an array of NBA skilled plays on him? Two turn around jumpers, a hook, a three pts, and out ran him for an Alleyoop dunk. Add to that, Blake fouled his big butt out. What makes figure the same won't happen to Aldrich. Is he going to outmuscle blake? He he going to out quick blake. Is he going to outjump Blake? Is he going to outwork blake? The answer is no.