ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 01-11-2023, 09:14 PM   #1
oketex
Walk-on

Default Coaches Salaries

Guys/Gals or Gals/Guys

My son and I were discussing coaches salaries and we were wondering what Jenny B is making at OU, with the job she is doing she should be approaching the same salary as our "old" coach. Just wondering
oketex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 09:39 PM   #2
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Default Re: Coaches Salaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by oketex View Post
Guys/Gals or Gals/Guys

My son and I were discussing coaches salaries and we were wondering what Jenny B is making at OU, with the job she is doing she should be approaching the same salary as our "old" coach. Just wondering
https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-ba...563327a9c.html

The 'old' coach had been here for several years before her salary took a big jump. Her salary for the 2019 fiscal year was $1.3 million.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 03:16 AM   #3
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Joe C. notoriously starts young unproven Power 5 coaches off at a relative low salary but rapidly gives them big raises when they have proven they can win big. Sherri Coale got her big raise when she made the final 4. Ditto Patty Gasso after her first natty and a massive big raise that made her top paid nationally after she won her last natty ($1.65 mil twice what anyone else makes [Tim Walton/Florida reportedly make about $750K).

Jennie's initial contract with OU was for $475K per year for 5 years and she got a raise to $550K after year 1. I would suspect were she to win the conference and make the Sweet 16 she could expect another big perhaps massive raise after year to say $750K+.

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-ba...20%24475%2C000.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 01-12-2023 at 03:25 AM.
SoonerSpock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 12:35 PM   #4
scrybe
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by oketex View Post
Guys/Gals or Gals/Guys

Like a couple of other posters stated already, Jenny will start making Sherri Coale-type money when she makes a couple of Final Fours.

Oh, and I fully expect her to do so.
Old 01-13-2023, 03:08 PM   #5
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
Like a couple of other posters stated already, Jenny will start making Sherri Coale-type money when she makes a couple of Final Fours.

Oh, and I fully expect her to do so.
I certainly hope she does, and soon. BUT I don't think she will until she lands a BIG with some actual height AND scoring ability. I thought Johnson might be it, and she still could be later on, but she's really not trying to do much besides take perimeter shots and she's missed almost all of them, and the occasional layup. I actually feel Culliton has been better in B12 play, and I hope she keeps developing her post skills, we need it! I certainly hope that an experienced, productive 6'4-6'6" post is what JB pursues via the portal after this season. If we pick up any additional players, IMO it'll need to be either that type or a veteran PG. Depending who leaves, she could pick up one of each via portal...fingers crossed!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote