ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2023, 05:35 PM   #1
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,988
Default Nothing to see here--please delete

Please delete! I clicked on the wrong tab (and posted on the wrong board)!
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

Last edited by skyvue; 11-04-2023 at 05:39 PM.
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 05:39 PM   #2
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 10,653
Default Re: Nothing to see here--please delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Please delete! I clicked on the wrong tab (and posted on the wrong board)!
it was not good ... those are my thoughts ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 06:51 PM   #3
Darwin
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cleveland county
Posts: 1,274
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

That was quite a no call in the end zone on Drake
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 09:57 PM   #4
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,653
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

#1 Reason: Turnovers killed us.
#2 Reason: We really missed Anthony, Stuttsman, and other injured players.
#3 Reason: It's a good thing we aren't going to Stoolwater anymore. The refs would really have to work hard to be worse than they were today.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 05:24 AM   #5
WaymanFan
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,517
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
That was quite a no call in the end zone on Drake
I doubt we'll ever leave the SEC, but if we do, let's not give them three years' notice. We knew back in 2021 that we were going to be on the short end of these calls. The officiating in the Texas - KSU game was just as bad. There was no way the conference would allow an OU-UT rematch in the CCG. It's now likely going to be UT-OSU. If the officiating is good in that game, it will only be because UT can bring them a lot of extra money for making the playoffs.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 09:03 AM   #6
Boom Soon
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 243
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

BV's coaching legacy rests on what he does with Lebby and the offense. I think BV is the guy, but there are definite changes that need to be made.
Boom Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 11:28 AM   #7
AltSooner33
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 256
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

My thoughts are that I’m glad we are a basketball school now, and the season starts tomorrow
AltSooner33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 12:25 PM   #8
OUsky
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,157
Default Re: Nothing to see here--please delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Please delete! I clicked on the wrong tab (and posted on the wrong board)!
I will still like to hear your thoughts. Even on a basketball board.
OUsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 04:33 PM   #9
stormspencer
Elite Eight
 
stormspencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 5,364
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
#1 Reason: Turnovers killed us.
#2 Reason: We really missed Anthony, Stuttsman, and other injured players.
#3 Reason: It's a good thing we aren't going to Stoolwater anymore. The refs would really have to work hard to be worse than they were today.
Agreed on all counts.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 06:28 PM   #10
TINY
All-American
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Soon View Post
BV's coaching legacy rests on what he does with Lebby and the offense. I think BV is the guy, but there are definite changes that need to be made.
You are nuts if you think BV will fire Lebby or anyone else on the offense. There isn’t a single person who deserves to shoulder the blame of the last few weeks. It has been a collective failure both players/coaches alike. The rebuild is ongoing whether we like it or not.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 06:36 PM   #11
inoref
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,967
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

BV wouldn't been my first pick but I will give another year to the guy...I think there are many many problems going on with this team and coaches
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 08:32 PM   #12
Boom Soon
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 243
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
You are nuts if you think BV will fire Lebby or anyone else on the offense. There isn’t a single person who deserves to shoulder the blame of the last few weeks. It has been a collective failure both players/coaches alike. The rebuild is ongoing whether we like it or not.
The two losses are not the result of a rebuild, but bad playcalling and execution on offense. Now obviously Lebby isn't to blame for all of it, but a big chunk of it imo. This isn't a football board, so my only rebuttal is that Lebby may not be good enough and BV may have to make a tough decision sooner rather than later. If the offense struggles against Big 12 defenses then think how tough it will be against SEC defenses.
Boom Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 11:52 PM   #13
hoopsaustin
National Champion
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 7,858
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Soon View Post
The two losses are not the result of a rebuild, but bad playcalling and execution on offense. Now obviously Lebby isn't to blame for all of it, but a big chunk of it imo. This isn't a football board, so my only rebuttal is that Lebby may not be good enough and BV may have to make a tough decision sooner rather than later. If the offense struggles against Big 12 defenses then think how tough it will be against SEC defenses.
Lebby is serious unintelligent and i wonder if BV is too. BV still doesnt understand how to utilize timeouts or gameflow at the end of games (that may be Lebby actually, but still BV as his boss). Lebby is a failure imo. If BV doesnt move on i fear for BVs future
__________________
Sam Houston State 26-8 and NIT appearance
OU 15-17. No postseason
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:28 AM   #14
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,682
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaymanFan View Post
I doubt we'll ever leave the SEC, but if we do, let's not give them three years' notice. We knew back in 2021 that we were going to be on the short end of these calls. The officiating in the Texas - KSU game was just as bad. There was no way the conference would allow an OU-UT rematch in the CCG. It's now likely going to be UT-OSU. If the officiating is good in that game, it will only be because UT can bring them a lot of extra money for making the playoffs.
Let's also not forget when texas went to stillwater last year and lost the penalty game 14-0 lol
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 07:30 AM   #15
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,682
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
Lebby is serious unintelligent and i wonder if BV is too. BV still doesnt understand how to utilize timeouts or gameflow at the end of games (that may be Lebby actually, but still BV as his boss). Lebby is a failure imo. If BV doesnt move on i fear for BVs future
I think the defense is in a good spot.
Offense looks good on paper but is a mess. In crucial moments they can't produce. Playcalling is very odd. personnel decisions are very odd.

I don't think Lebby is unintelligent. I think he is very prideful and thinks he is the smartest man in the stadium
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:06 AM   #16
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,988
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Actually, the offense has come through in the clutch a few times this year (the texas games stands out). And the offense was on the verge of coming through in the clutch on Saturday, but a terrible non-call on one drive (we should have had first-and-goal at the one) and a theft of two or three key yards on the final drive played key roles. It's hardly been perfect, though, I agree.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:21 AM   #17
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,682
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Actually, the offense has come through in the clutch a few times this year (the texas games stands out). And the offense was on the verge of coming through in the clutch on Saturday, but a terrible non-call on one drive (we should have had first-and-goal at the one) and a theft of two or three key yards on the final drive played key roles. It's hardly been perfect, though, I agree.
That's true I guess. but they have had chances, even in the texas game, to put the game out of reach against UCF, Kansas, and OSU and failed to do it
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 08:42 AM   #18
tooney
Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,471
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

I don't know....OU gets the interception and the ball at the 50 up 4. Why not run a pass play??? No, lets do our hurry up and run the ball into the line 3 times....yeah that's the ticket.

It just seems they want to let the defense decide the game.
__________________
I can't afford to hate people. I don't have that kind of time.
tooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 09:40 AM   #19
jmizzy4ou
All-American
 
jmizzy4ou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,419
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

I have probably overanalyzed OU Football this year, trying to find a specific reason why we haven't played great since texa$$.

In each game we can all point to a bad call here, a missed opportunity there, bad coaching decision here, boneheaded response there, but what I realized after Saturday is this: We are a decent team, that has looked above average for periods, and certainly show some improvement in several areas from last year.

What we aren't is a great team yet, because great teams finish games and pull out wins when they struggle. I believe our head coach will get us there soon, but I also realize his being a D coordinator for so long means he still is learning complete game management. we are seeing an increase in talent, especially on defense, but our depth still shows flaws when the starters are out. Recruiting is on the upswing, and I believe we will continue to progress. We need to finish strong because if we don't, the hard-to-please crowd will get louder and louder....
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 10:15 AM   #20
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 10,653
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
I have probably overanalyzed OU Football this year, trying to find a specific reason why we haven't played great since texa$$.

In each game we can all point to a bad call here, a missed opportunity there, bad coaching decision here, boneheaded response there, but what I realized after Saturday is this: We are a decent team, that has looked above average for periods, and certainly show some improvement in several areas from last year.

What we aren't is a great team yet, because great teams finish games and pull out wins when they struggle. I believe our head coach will get us there soon, but I also realize his being a D coordinator for so long means he still is learning complete game management. we are seeing an increase in talent, especially on defense, but our depth still shows flaws when the starters are out. Recruiting is on the upswing, and I believe we will continue to progress. We need to finish strong because if we don't, the hard-to-please crowd will get louder and louder....
well said
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 11:55 AM   #21
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,653
Default Re: My thoughts on a frustrating loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
I have probably overanalyzed OU Football this year, trying to find a specific reason why we haven't played great since texa$$.

In each game we can all point to a bad call here, a missed opportunity there, bad coaching decision here, boneheaded response there, but what I realized after Saturday is this: We are a decent team, that has looked above average for periods, and certainly show some improvement in several areas from last year.

What we aren't is a great team yet, because great teams finish games and pull out wins when they struggle. I believe our head coach will get us there soon, but I also realize his being a D coordinator for so long means he still is learning complete game management. we are seeing an increase in talent, especially on defense, but our depth still shows flaws when the starters are out. Recruiting is on the upswing, and I believe we will continue to progress. We need to finish strong because if we don't, the hard-to-please crowd will get louder and louder....
Agreed. Some fans took the hype after the UT game seriously.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com