ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 08-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #26
SuperHoops
Role Player

Default Re: WBB Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
as Ron Black says, "You can't fix stupid!"
The irony is strong.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:40 AM   #27
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHoops View Post
The irony is strong.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:32 PM   #28
Oliver Hardy
All-American

That doesn't equate to criticism of Sherri.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #29
Oliver Hardy
All-American

Quote:
The irony is strong.
Ah, another of the Bowery Boys speaks. Their collective wisdom is less than a thimble full.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #30
SuperHoops
Role Player

Quote:
Ah, another of the Bowery Boys speaks. Their collective wisdom is less than a thimble full.
Keep digging that hole, Einstein.

You need to:

1) Google Ron Black

2) Google "you can't fix stupid"

3) Report back here with your findings
Old 08-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #31
Oliver Hardy
All-American

Why bother?

You and your daddy Syb, and Uncle Cat, have the only right answers around here, no matter what the answers really are.

That's why you end up talking to yourselves most of the time anymore.

I'm about the only one, besides your little clique, who even bothers to come here.

If I wasn't posting, this would be nothing more than one big circle jerk of people who think they are the only ones who know anything.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #32
SuperHoops
Role Player

Quote:
Why bother?

You and your daddy Syb, and Uncle Cat, have the only right answers around here, no matter what the answers really are.

That's why you end up talking to yourselves most of the time anymore.

I'm about the only one, besides your little clique, who even bothers to come here.

If I wasn't posting, this would be nothing more than one big circle jerk of people who think they are the only ones who know anything.
You were right that you can't fix stupid, so I will break it down for you. Ron Black did not say "you can't fix stupid". That's where the ironic part comes in. You refer to other people as stupid but can't even get the guy's name right when quoting him.

And in my almost 10 years on this board I don't recall making one single post where I agreed with either Syb or +1Cat.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #33
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:

And in my almost 10 years on this board I don't recall making one single post where I agreed with either Syb or +1Cat.
Never?

Fact: I pay so little attention to the byplay that I would probably not have noticed.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #34
SuperHoops
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Never?

Fact: I pay so little attention to the byplay that I would probably not have noticed.
I'm here for actual information more than anything. I really don't care about people's opinions on coaches, players, who we need to recruit, how the RPI works so I rarely if ever make posts about those types of things.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #35
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
You were right that you can't fix stupid, so I will break it down for you. Ron Black did not say "you can't fix stupid". That's where the ironic part comes in. You refer to other people as stupid but can't even get the guy's name right when quoting him.

Wow!!! Even I agree with the Syb on occasion.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #36
betterstill
Walk-on

I know the new President if interested in the financial situation at OU.

Looking at it from the President's perspective, what would be the best approach to take regarding the WBB team from a purely financial standpoint?

One approach would be to run a low budget, low expectations program to minimize the amount of subsidy to keep it going for Title IX purposes. This would involve changing staff to minimize salaries and reducing promotional and other costs.

The other approach might be to make a commitment to having a program that will be competitive in the Big 12 championship race. To do this one would need to let the current staff know that the present level of the program is unacceptable and that to maintain their jobs certain objective criteria must me met. A time line should be set on meeting the criteria, possibly in stages. If the staff cannot achieve goals set by the administration, then the the President and AD must be prepared to make staff changes and pay well for first rate replacements.

The most undesirable plan would be to allow the program to flounder in mediocrity with the financial support from the fans declining while at the same time paying staff and making other expenditures that would befit a 1st class program.
betterstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:31 AM   #37
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterstill View Post
I know the new President if interested in the financial situation at OU.

Looking at it from the President's perspective, what would be the best approach to take regarding the WBB team from a purely financial standpoint?

One approach would be to run a low budget, low expectations program to minimize the amount of subsidy to keep it going for Title IX purposes. This would involve changing staff to minimize salaries and reducing promotional and other costs.

The other approach might be to make a commitment to having a program that will be competitive in the Big 12 championship race. To do this one would need to let the current staff know that the present level of the program is unacceptable and that to maintain their jobs certain objective criteria must me met. A time line should be set on meeting the criteria, possibly in stages. If the staff cannot achieve goals set by the administration, then the the President and AD must be prepared to make staff changes and pay well for first rate replacements.

The most undesirable plan would be to allow the program to flounder in mediocrity with the financial support from the fans declining while at the same time paying staff and making other expenditures that would befit a 1st class program.
Excellent post!
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #38
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

The last two posters need to stop and think about how the Athletic Department operates in terms of finances - and how it relates to the financial position of the University.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #39
betterstill
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
The last two posters need to stop and think about how the Athletic Department operates in terms of finances - and how it relates to the financial position of the University.
I am prepared to think about that, Sweetest OU Girl. Could you describe for me how the Athletic Department operates in terms of finances and how that would make my comments not on point?

How the Department operates and how it is presented to the public as operating are two different things. The thought I presented are hypothetical approaches. Implementation is an entirely different thing. The AD could never get the impression to the public that they are de-emphasizing a sport.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #40
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterstill View Post
I am prepared to think about that, Sweetest OU Girl. Could you describe for me how the Athletic Department operates in terms of finances and how that would make my comments not on point?

How the Department operates and how it is presented to the public as operating are two different things. The thought I presented are hypothetical approaches. Implementation is an entirely different thing. The AD could never get the impression to the public that they are de-emphasizing a sport.
So, since you seem to know what approaches were available to the new president, did he decide to: (a) Let the program flounder or (b) give Patti a good talking to?
Old 08-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #41
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
So, since you seem to know what approaches were available to the new president, did he decide to: (a) Let the program flounder or (b) give Patti a good talking to?
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:36 PM   #42
betterstill
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post

No I do not know what approaches are actually available to the new President. I did not intend to give that impression. The ideas I expressed in my post were hypothetical.