ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 01-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #26
Darwin
Role Player

Default Re: This Darius Bazley thing is gonna change it all drastically

Why worry about the NBA rules because its not for the vast majority of NCAA players. Worry about NCAA rules and what is good for D1. Pass rules that make 1 and done players choose another path if they are not committed to 2 years. No one is forcing them to take a D1 scholarship. Yes these rules will have lots of legalese but don't they already have a stacks of rules like that.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #27
Eielson
Starter

This isn't a wise decision for most 1 and done prospects, and I'm not worried about it catching on. Where is he going to get valuable playing experience? College classes are a joke, but he'd be a better player with a year of experience at Syracuse.

I don't agree with forcing these kids to play a year in the NCAAs, as we've seen so many people make the successful jump (Lebron, Kobe, KG, etc.), but this isn't hurting the game. It's been a lot of fun to watch guys like Towns, Okafor, Davis, Zion, etc. For those of you asking for an MLB system -- raise your hand if you actually watch college baseball.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #28
Soonerinkc
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Ah yes, Korleone Young! Worlds of talent but didn't have the mental makeup to succeed. Had a cup of coffee with the Pistons but that was it. Ironically, a kid from my school who was the same age as Young ended up playing in the NBA for a decade. Mo Evans was his name, played two years at WSU then went to Texas for a season. He was a big time recruit, too, but Young was the guy everyone had such high hopes for.
ah yes...

I remember Mo at ut. Sounds like you "teach"? in Wichita? I went to KMC, years ago. I was a yr behind Greg Dreiling, my parents were good friends of his parents, my sister played with his sister at KMC.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #29
WichitaSooner
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
ah yes...

I remember Mo at ut. Sounds like you "teach"? in Wichita? I went to KMC, years ago. I was a yr behind Greg Dreiling, my parents were good friends of his parents, my sister played with his sister at KMC.
No teaching for me lol, when I say my high school, I meant the one I attended ... just a mile northeast of KMC as a matter of fact! I graduated three years before Maurice so I followed his career closely. I was a bit young to remember Dreiling in high school, but remember him in college. The rare guy to play for WSU ans KU!
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:26 PM   #30
StatGeek
All-Conference

[quote=WichitaSooner;616668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatGeek View Post
Where did I state playing high level college basketball for one season was more lucrative than being a 1st round draft pick? QUOTE]

You specifically said this: Players choose to go to college because it’s the most lucrative/convenient option for them not because anyone is forcing them or because their “right” to play in the NBA is being infringed upon.

If you had said the "next most lucrative option," I would have agreed with you. I fully understand that the one-done-done rule doesn't actually force them to go to school for a year, but I absolutely think that it is an unfair rule that penalizes kids. If the NBA was having trouble evaluating players, the solution should have been to figure out a way to do their job better, not to screw the kids over by passing a rule keeping them out of the NBA for a season.
For it to be the “next lucrative option” the NBA would need to be a option, it isn’t. Get it?

Wins
Oklahoma 1,021
Tulsa 939
Oklahoma State 844

Post Season Appearances
Oklahoma 33
Tulsa 26
Oklahoma State 24
***Note OU has more NCAA tournament appearances during this span than OSU has NCAA & NIT appearances combined***

Last Updated 1/14/2016
StatGeek is offline   Reply With Quote