ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #151
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,131
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

I can think of a lot of reasons why Thompson should have picked OU over KU. Can't say the same thing about Collins picking OU over UK. Lon has not shown much ability to develop bigs.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM   #152
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,717
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I can think of a lot of reasons why Thompson should have picked OU over KU. Can't say the same thing about Collins picking OU over UK. Lon has not shown much ability to develop bigs.
Lol.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM   #153
Sooner04
All-Conference
 
Sooner04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,956
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
Lon has not shown much ability to develop bigs.
That's probably being a little kind.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM   #154
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,717
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I can think of a lot of reasons why Thompson should have picked OU over KU. Can't say the same thing about Collins picking OU over UK. Lon has not shown much ability to develop bigs.
Dootlittle got a lot better. Manek got a lot better but those guys are just 1/2nd team all big 12
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM   #155
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,131
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Dootlittle got a lot better. Manek got a lot better but those guys are just 1/2nd team all big 12
Manek's development is probably #2 among bigs under Lon, and that's criminal considering he's put up nearly identical numbers every year.

The biggest gift Capel gave us is undoubtedly a second year of Blake. His second biggest gift may have been letting Spangler train under Mark Few for a year. Thomas came prepackaged as well.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #156
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,717
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
Manek's development is probably #2 among bigs under Lon, and that's criminal considering he's put up nearly identical numbers every year.

The biggest gift Capel gave us is undoubtedly a second year of Blake. His second biggest gift may have been letting Spangler train under Mark Few for a year. Thomas came prepackaged as well.
So few gets credit for 1 year with Spangler????

Thatís comical.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #157
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,131
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
So few gets credit for 1 year with Spangler????

Thatís comical.
Few is a great coach. His track record of developing bigs is light-years ahead of Lon's. Not sure how anybody could argue otherwise.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #158
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 3,834
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

5 men haven’t improved much, the 4s have all made huge leaps.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #159
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,717
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
Few is a great coach. His track record of developing bigs is light-years ahead of Lon's. Not sure how anybody could argue otherwise.
Absolutely a great coach! Legend. HOF. But youíre wrong on this one.

But he had for 1 year. He was here 4. To give all the credit to few.... is comical.

If youíve forgotten zags vs ou Spangler. Check here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Spangler
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #160
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,717
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
5 men havenít improved much, the 4s have all made huge leaps.
Iíd agree.

Collins is a 4.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #161
BCSooners
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 3,834
Default Re: 2021 Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Iíd agree.

Collins is a 4.
Yep
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com