ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 02-27-2020, 10:46 AM   #26
CoachTalk
National Champion

Default Re: Jalen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
His shot is way too good to be like Odomes...

I am telling you.. he is Eric Martin. Eric only averaged 12ppg as a senior, so its not like he was some explosive scorer. But he could play and defend multiple positions, was a big guard (especially for the era), and was a very good spot-up shooter.

I can see Jalen being all those things.
Hopefully 12ppg as a junior.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #27
Jccouger
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
His shot is way too good to be like Odomes...

I am telling you.. he is Eric Martin. Eric only averaged 12ppg as a senior, so its not like he was some explosive scorer. But he could play and defend multiple positions, was a big guard (especially for the era), and was a very good spot-up shooter.

I can see Jalen being all those things.
Odomes shooting % is way higher than Hill has shown, other than FT shooting.
Jccouger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #28
Sooner04
All-Conference

I hope Jalen Hill becomes 1/5th the shooter Eric Martin was.

And I don't remember Keith Clark being quite that good. Pretty sweet dunk at West Virginia not withstanding.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #29
skyvue
Final Four

It's worth remembering that Odomes averaged 10 points per game his sophomore year and 7 ppg as a junior and senior. Those final two seasons, he shot 51% and 53%, overall, and 44% and 38% from deep. He wasn't bad offensively. He didn't look to shoot often, though, and perhaps he should have.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #30
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
It's worth remembering that Odomes averaged 10 points per game his sophomore year and 7 ppg as a junior and senior. Those final two seasons, he shot 51% and 53%, overall, and 44% and 38% from deep. He wasn't bad offensively. He didn't look to shoot often, though, and perhaps he should have.

If a basketball player shoots primarily layups then their shooting percentage is going to be inflated and it is not a representative number when compared to those players who have more than 1 shot in their repertoire. How you get their is more important than the number itself. Secondly, defenses knew to back off of Odomes because they did not view him as a scoring threat which in turn allowed him to have better looks at the basket and shooters who are more open are expected to have a higher make percentage than their counterparts who are double teamed and constantly have a hand in their face.

Last edited by sheepdogs1; 02-27-2020 at 11:33 AM.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #31
Hops
Walk-on

Wasn't it Keith Clark who had a knee/foot injury in high school and the wrong knee/foot was operated on? Ended having to go through 2 surgeries?
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #32
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Wasn't it Keith Clark who had a knee/foot injury in high school and the wrong knee/foot was operated on? Ended having to go through 2 surgeries?
That was Kyle Hardrick I believe.