ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 02-27-2020, 10:46 AM   #26
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,406
Default Re: Jalen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
His shot is way too good to be like Odomes...

I am telling you.. he is Eric Martin. Eric only averaged 12ppg as a senior, so its not like he was some explosive scorer. But he could play and defend multiple positions, was a big guard (especially for the era), and was a very good spot-up shooter.

I can see Jalen being all those things.
Hopefully 12ppg as a junior.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #27
Jccouger
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 196
Default Re: Jalen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
His shot is way too good to be like Odomes...

I am telling you.. he is Eric Martin. Eric only averaged 12ppg as a senior, so its not like he was some explosive scorer. But he could play and defend multiple positions, was a big guard (especially for the era), and was a very good spot-up shooter.

I can see Jalen being all those things.
Odomes shooting % is way higher than Hill has shown, other than FT shooting.
Jccouger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #28
Sooner04
All-Conference
 
Sooner04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: Jalen Hill

I hope Jalen Hill becomes 1/5th the shooter Eric Martin was.

And I don't remember Keith Clark being quite that good. Pretty sweet dunk at West Virginia not withstanding.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #29
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,192
Default Re: Jalen Hill

It's worth remembering that Odomes averaged 10 points per game his sophomore year and 7 ppg as a junior and senior. Those final two seasons, he shot 51% and 53%, overall, and 44% and 38% from deep. He wasn't bad offensively. He didn't look to shoot often, though, and perhaps he should have.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #30
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,912
Default Re: Jalen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
It's worth remembering that Odomes averaged 10 points per game his sophomore year and 7 ppg as a junior and senior. Those final two seasons, he shot 51% and 53%, overall, and 44% and 38% from deep. He wasn't bad offensively. He didn't look to shoot often, though, and perhaps he should have.

If a basketball player shoots primarily layups then their shooting percentage is going to be inflated and it is not a representative number when compared to those players who have more than 1 shot in their repertoire. How you get their is more important than the number itself. Secondly, defenses knew to back off of Odomes because they did not view him as a scoring threat which in turn allowed him to have better looks at the basket and shooters who are more open are expected to have a higher make percentage than their counterparts who are double teamed and constantly have a hand in their face.

Last edited by sheepdogs1; 02-27-2020 at 11:33 AM.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 12:41 PM   #31
Hops
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4
Default Re: Jalen Hill

Wasn't it Keith Clark who had a knee/foot injury in high school and the wrong knee/foot was operated on? Ended having to go through 2 surgeries?
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #32
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,773
Default Re: Jalen Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
Wasn't it Keith Clark who had a knee/foot injury in high school and the wrong knee/foot was operated on? Ended having to go through 2 surgeries?
That was Kyle Hardrick I believe.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com