ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2020, 03:22 PM   #26
stormspencer
Sweet 16
 
stormspencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 4,287
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I don't even need to reply, WTsooner did it for me. He is spot on.
If Gibson isn't eligible, I think the key to the season offensively is Harmon....whether it's scoring or distributing. He has to make an impact.

Agree with you as far as our pecking order in the conference with the exception of TCU. I think they battle ISU and KSU to stay out of the cellar. They simply lost too much from what was a pretty average team.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 05:49 PM   #27
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,953
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
If Gibson isn't eligible, I think the key to the season offensively is Harmon....whether it's scoring or distributing. He has to make an impact.

Agree with you as far as our pecking order in the conference with the exception of TCU. I think they battle ISU and KSU to stay out of the cellar. They simply lost too much from what was a pretty average team.
I would be way more comfortable with TCU's roster than OU's.... more complete, and deeper. They should be better. They were super young around Bane last year, but have more talent top to bottom this year.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #28
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I would be way more comfortable with TCU's roster than OU's.... more complete, and deeper. They should be better. They were super young around Bane last year, but have more talent top to bottom this year.
So they lose 3 starters including their best player, they were 16-16, 7-11, 45th SOS. OU loses 2 starters including their best player, OU went 19-12, 9-9, 21st SOS. Neither team has an impact player in their recruiting class to help right away, unless Gibson gets eligible for OU.

I don’t see how they’ll be better with or without Gibson.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #29
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
He shot 38% from the field, and 26% from three.

So yes, that statement, at least pertaining to last year, was 100% correct. Those were his AVERAGES, and those averages weren't good. That means he had several games that were worse, and some that were better. On average, he wasn't efficient enough on offense to be considered a consistent threat. Throw in the 2.5 turnovers/game, and his offensive efficiency was a net negative over the season. Simply scoring 15 ppg doesn't mean squat when you don't do it efficiently. And net year, he isn't going to have Doolittle getting as much attention. Other teams aren't going to defend Kur the way they had to defend Doolittle. That is going to make Reaves job even tougher next year.
You think he'll repeat those numbers?

shooters like him, yes below avg %, open things up. Perception is reality at time and basketball is no different. Defenses keyed on him, that wont change next year.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:24 PM   #30
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,056
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I would be way more comfortable with TCU's roster than OU's.... more complete, and deeper. They should be better. They were super young around Bane last year, but have more talent top to bottom this year.
You loved their team this season, too.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:25 PM   #31
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I would be way more comfortable with TCU's roster than OU's.... more complete, and deeper. They should be better. They were super young around Bane last year, but have more talent top to bottom this year.
No way TCU is better on paper or not.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:32 PM   #32
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,257
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I would be way more comfortable with TCU's roster than OU's.... more complete, and deeper. They should be better. They were super young around Bane last year, but have more talent top to bottom this year.
Sounds a lot like "hope" to me. As usual, you're willing to give other teams the benefit of the doubt but not OU.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:33 PM   #33
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Sounds a lot like "hope" to me. As usual, you're willing to give other teams the benefit of the doubt but not OU.
Ding ding ding. Winner.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #34
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 883
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Sounds like Bieniemy might just be staying a Sooner next year.

There are discussions within the Bieniemy camp about possibly coming back to Oklahoma. If he does then that gives OU Reaves, Manek, Harmon, and Bieniemy back as starters and the rest of the reserves as well. I think this team really improves if this is the case.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #35
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 9,225
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
Sounds like Bieniemy might just be staying a Sooner next year.

There are discussions within the Bieniemy camp about possibly coming back to Oklahoma. If he does then that gives OU Reaves, Manek, Harmon, and Bieniemy back as starters and the rest of the reserves as well. I think this team really improves if this is the case.
If JB comes back, and the other transfers aren't eligible this year.....you think we really improve?

Gonna have to disagree. Having JB is we don't have the transfers is better than not having him, but I don't see that changing much. And he isn't guaranteed to start. Especially after bailing on his team.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #36
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,953
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Sounds a lot like "hope" to me. As usual, you're willing to give other teams the benefit of the doubt but not OU.
They were talented but too young last year, and got screwed by really high level transfers, and ended up with a gigantic glaring hole at power forward. Their power forward was 6'4''. They have filled that hole with a very good player, and will now have one of the better front-courts in the league.

Allow me to demonstrate.

PF: Kevin Easley (6'7'' 225 - RS Sophomore)
-Was the Southern Conference Freshman of the Year while at Chattanooga… Led the Mocs in scoring at 14.2 points per game while also averaging 6.7 rebounds and shooting 44.4 percent from the field and 39.7 percent from 3-point range… Tied for second on the team with 47 made 3-pointers

C: Kevin Samuel (6'11'' 250 - Junior)
-Started every game as a sophomore. Averaged 10.0 points and a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game… Blocked 2.7 shots per game, which ranked first in the Big 12 and 11th in the NCAA… Had 85 blocked shots, the second-best in program history

PF: Mickey Pearson (6'7'' 200- RS Freshman)
-Another versatile and athletic forward. Can shoot the 3 and is a great athlete. They considered pulling his redshirt this year but kept him on. This guy is going to be a good player.

PF: Jaedon LeDee (6'9'' 235)
-Transfer from Ohio State. Played in 30 games… Became eligible on Nov. 18. Serviceable backup forward.

PF: Diante Smith (6'7'' 200 - Sophomore)
-Very talented and skilled forward. Can shoot jumpers, great athlete. Bright future. Played in all 30 games as a true freshman.

That frontcourt will be really good... You've got Samuel who is a great rebounder and shot blocker, then 2-3 guys around him that are all skilled, versatile players.

Factor in Nembhard, USC transfer and McDonalds All-American Charles O'Bannon, Francisco Farabello, PJ Fuller, and a pretty good incoming freshman recruiting class and they are looking pretty good.

They have more talent on paper than OU does, they have more recruiting star power than OU has.. They have better post players and better post depth. They have a more complete lineup than OU does.

Mike Miles - 4 star
PJ Fuller - 4 star
Francisco Farabello - 4 star
Charloes Obannon - 5 star
Kevin Samuel - 4 star
RJ Nembhard - 4 star

The other thing you guys are forgetting is how their roster got messed up going into last year, and they had to play 3-4 true freshman heavy minutes. Kendric Davis was a good player, transferred. Kuat Noi was a good player, transferred.

They were supposed to have:

PG: Kendric Davis
SG: Desmond Bane
SG: RJ Nembhard
PF: Kuat Noi
C: Kevin Samuel

Noi averaged like 15 a game, and Davis transferred to SMU and averaged 14 points and 7 assists per game. Those are two huge losses. TCU was on a path of being one of the better teams in the league before getting ambushed by Davis and Noi.

Their path is more promising than OU's right now... there is no doubt about it. I think PJ Fuller is gonna be a star, Farabello is gonna be a pain with his shooting, Nembhard is a good all around guard, and the front-court is really good. We will see on O'bannon, he was a a MCDAA but did nothing at USC.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:15 AM   #37
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 4,214
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Although I disagree on the starters....

PG: Harmon
SG: Reaves
SG: Williams
PF: Manek
C: Kuath

That's pretty much a guarantee at this point... Hill will be needed to backup the 3 and 4 positions.
hill has played 0 min at the 4 so far at OU
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:19 AM   #38
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
They were talented but too young last year, and got screwed by really high level transfers, and ended up with a gigantic glaring hole at power forward. Their power forward was 6'4''. They have filled that hole with a very good player, and will now have one of the better front-courts in the league.

Allow me to demonstrate.

PF: Kevin Easley (6'7'' 225 - RS Sophomore)
-Was the Southern Conference Freshman of the Year while at Chattanooga… Led the Mocs in scoring at 14.2 points per game while also averaging 6.7 rebounds and shooting 44.4 percent from the field and 39.7 percent from 3-point range… Tied for second on the team with 47 made 3-pointers

C: Kevin Samuel (6'11'' 250 - Junior)
-Started every game as a sophomore. Averaged 10.0 points and a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game… Blocked 2.7 shots per game, which ranked first in the Big 12 and 11th in the NCAA… Had 85 blocked shots, the second-best in program history

PF: Mickey Pearson (6'7'' 200- RS Freshman)
-Another versatile and athletic forward. Can shoot the 3 and is a great athlete. They considered pulling his redshirt this year but kept him on. This guy is going to be a good player.

PF: Jaedon LeDee (6'9'' 235)
-Transfer from Ohio State. Played in 30 games… Became eligible on Nov. 18. Serviceable backup forward.

PF: Diante Smith (6'7'' 200 - Sophomore)
-Very talented and skilled forward. Can shoot jumpers, great athlete. Bright future. Played in all 30 games as a true freshman.

That frontcourt will be really good... You've got Samuel who is a great rebounder and shot blocker, then 2-3 guys around him that are all skilled, versatile players.

Factor in Nembhard, USC transfer and McDonalds All-American Charles O'Bannon, Francisco Farabello, PJ Fuller, and a pretty good incoming freshman recruiting class and they are looking pretty good.

They have more talent on paper than OU does, they have more recruiting star power than OU has.. They have better post players and better post depth. They have a more complete lineup than OU does.

Mike Miles - 4 star
PJ Fuller - 4 star
Francisco Farabello - 4 star
Charloes Obannon - 5 star
Kevin Samuel - 4 star
RJ Nembhard - 4 star

The other thing you guys are forgetting is how their roster got messed up going into last year, and they had to play 3-4 true freshman heavy minutes. Kendric Davis was a good player, transferred. Kuat Noi was a good player, transferred.

They were supposed to have:

PG: Kendric Davis
SG: Desmond Bane
SG: RJ Nembhard
PF: Kuat Noi
C: Kevin Samuel

Noi averaged like 15 a game, and Davis transferred to SMU and averaged 14 points and 7 assists per game. Those are two huge losses. TCU was on a path of being one of the better teams in the league before getting ambushed by Davis and Noi.

Their path is more promising than OU's right now... there is no doubt about it. I think PJ Fuller is gonna be a star, Farabello is gonna be a pain with his shooting, Nembhard is a good all around guard, and the front-court is really good. We will see on O'bannon, he was a a MCDAA but did nothing at USC.
I can’t wait to see those 4 pf and center all ply at once.

Who do actually root for in college basketball?
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #39
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,953
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
I can’t wait to see those 4 pf and center all ply at once.

Who do actually root for in college basketball?
OU and Tulsa. Why?
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #40
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,056
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
They were talented but too young last year, and got screwed by really high level transfers, and ended up with a gigantic glaring hole at power forward. Their power forward was 6'4''. They have filled that hole with a very good player, and will now have one of the better front-courts in the league.

Allow me to demonstrate.

PF: Kevin Easley (6'7'' 225 - RS Sophomore)
-Was the Southern Conference Freshman of the Year while at Chattanooga… Led the Mocs in scoring at 14.2 points per game while also averaging 6.7 rebounds and shooting 44.4 percent from the field and 39.7 percent from 3-point range… Tied for second on the team with 47 made 3-pointers

C: Kevin Samuel (6'11'' 250 - Junior)
-Started every game as a sophomore. Averaged 10.0 points and a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game… Blocked 2.7 shots per game, which ranked first in the Big 12 and 11th in the NCAA… Had 85 blocked shots, the second-best in program history

PF: Mickey Pearson (6'7'' 200- RS Freshman)
-Another versatile and athletic forward. Can shoot the 3 and is a great athlete. They considered pulling his redshirt this year but kept him on. This guy is going to be a good player.

PF: Jaedon LeDee (6'9'' 235)
-Transfer from Ohio State. Played in 30 games… Became eligible on Nov. 18. Serviceable backup forward.

PF: Diante Smith (6'7'' 200 - Sophomore)
-Very talented and skilled forward. Can shoot jumpers, great athlete. Bright future. Played in all 30 games as a true freshman.

That frontcourt will be really good... You've got Samuel who is a great rebounder and shot blocker, then 2-3 guys around him that are all skilled, versatile players.

Factor in Nembhard, USC transfer and McDonalds All-American Charles O'Bannon, Francisco Farabello, PJ Fuller, and a pretty good incoming freshman recruiting class and they are looking pretty good.

They have more talent on paper than OU does, they have more recruiting star power than OU has.. They have better post players and better post depth. They have a more complete lineup than OU does.

Mike Miles - 4 star
PJ Fuller - 4 star
Francisco Farabello - 4 star
Charloes Obannon - 5 star
Kevin Samuel - 4 star
RJ Nembhard - 4 star

The other thing you guys are forgetting is how their roster got messed up going into last year, and they had to play 3-4 true freshman heavy minutes. Kendric Davis was a good player, transferred. Kuat Noi was a good player, transferred.

They were supposed to have:

PG: Kendric Davis
SG: Desmond Bane
SG: RJ Nembhard
PF: Kuat Noi
C: Kevin Samuel

Noi averaged like 15 a game, and Davis transferred to SMU and averaged 14 points and 7 assists per game. Those are two huge losses. TCU was on a path of being one of the better teams in the league before getting ambushed by Davis and Noi.

Their path is more promising than OU's right now... there is no doubt about it. I think PJ Fuller is gonna be a star, Farabello is gonna be a pain with his shooting, Nembhard is a good all around guard, and the front-court is really good. We will see on O'bannon, he was a a MCDAA but did nothing at USC.
Their path is brighter than ours?? They haven’t made the tourney in multiple years, we own them head to head, and they are in the bottom three of most projections for next season that I’ve seen. Other than that, they are definitely on a rocket ship to the top of the standings.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #41
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
OU and Tulsa. Why?
Because you beef up TU & everyone OU plays against. Nothing in your rundown of TCU makes me think that they won’t be battling the bottom 3 teams with KSU & ISU.

Reaves & Manek are better than Nembard & Samuel. OU is better in the starting 5, bench, & star power. This is assuming Gibson is eligible, if not then TCU has a better bench.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #42
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
OU and Tulsa. Why?
Really? So tu?

All those power forwards and center gonna play together at tcu?
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #43
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,953
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Because you beef up TU & everyone OU plays against. Nothing in your rundown of TCU makes me think that they won’t be battling the bottom 3 teams with KSU & ISU.

Reaves & Manek are better than Nembard & Samuel. OU is better in the starting 5, bench, & star power. This is assuming Gibson is eligible, if not then TCU has a better bench.
Reaves is two years older than Nembhard with similar stat lines and higher usage.... Nembhard was a true sophomore and Reaves is a RS junior. Likely a wash on these two, but Nembhard having a higher ceiling because he's more athletic and more time to develop.

And, the comparison isn't Manek and Samuel... It's Manek and Easley. Manek is clearly more accomplished than Easley, but Easley is still a great compliment to Samuel. 6'7'', shoots the 3 really well, averaged 14 points and 7 rebounds per game as a true freshman in D1. That is really impressive. He had 21 points and 7 rebounds at #9 Michigan, 14 and 8 against Wofford, had 15/9 against Samford, then 20/6 against Samford. 22 and 7 against Eastern Kentucky. 13 and 7 against Charlotte. The guy can play. Manek is better, but this guy can play.

Samuel matches up with Kur, and wins that easily. Kur is a RS senior and Samuel will be a junior next year, and Samuel is already ahead of Kur. He is bigger, stronger, best returning rebounder in the league, best shot blocker in the league, etc.

The other matchups in the starting lineup are PJ Fuller and Devion Harmon, both going to be true sophomores next year. And Charles O'Bannon and Alondes Williams. O'Bannon was a McDonalds All-American who transferred from USC, but did essentially nothing at USC and was injured the entire time. He is a total unknown.

They flat out have a better bench.

I don't know how else to prove their talent.... their talent is better on paper, based on production, based on recruiting rankings, etc.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES

Last edited by thebigabd; 05-05-2020 at 10:12 AM.
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:40 AM   #44
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Reaves is two years older than Nembhard with similar stat lines and higher usage.... Nembhard was a true sophomore and Reaves is a RS junior. Likely a wash on these two, but Nembhard having a higher ceiling because he's more athletic and more time to develop.

And, the comparison isn't Manek and Samuel... It's Manek and Easley. Manek is clearly more accomplished than Easley, but Easley is still a great compliment to Samuel. 6'7'', shoots the 3 really well, averaged 14 points and 7 rebounds per game as a true freshman in D1. That is really impressive. He had 21 points and 7 rebounds at #9 Michigan, 14 and 8 against Wofford, had 15/9 against Samford, then 20/6 against Samford. 22 and 7 against Eastern Kentucky. 13 and 7 against Charlotte. The guy can play. Manek is better, but this guy can play.

Samuel matches up with Kur, and wins that easily. Kur is a RS senior and Samuel will be a junior next year, and Samuel is already ahead of Kur. He is bigger, stronger, best returning rebounder in the league, best shot blocker in the league, etc.

The other matchups in the starting lineup are PJ Fuller and Devion Harmon, both going to be true sophomores next year. And Charles O'Bannon and Alondes Williams. O'Bannon was a McDonalds All-American who transferred from USC, but did essentially nothing at USC and was injured the entire time. He is a total unknown.

They flat out have a better bench.

I don't know how else to prove their talent.... their talent is better on paper, based on production, based on recruiting rankings, etc.
Nembard wasn’t better in 1 category than Reaves, including shooting %. Samuel should’ve dominated OU’s size & didn’t. Easley averaged that at Chattanooga, if OU got him he’d be compared to Calixte. O‘bannon couldn’t even get on the court for a struggling USC team.

If Gibson is eligible OU will have the better bench.

How else to prove their talent? Winning would help.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #45
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,056
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Nembard wasn’t better in 1 category than Reaves, including shooting %. Samuel should’ve dominated OU’s size & didn’t. Easley averaged that at Chattanooga, if OU got him he’d be compared to Calixte. O‘bannon couldn’t even get on the court for a struggling USC team.

If Gibson is eligible OU will have the better bench.

How else to prove their talent? Winning would help.
Beat me to the punch lol!
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:13 PM   #46
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,953
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Keep in mind we are talking about them in comparison to OU... I didn't say they are going to win the league, I just said they are better than OU. You say "oh they should win to prove their talent", but I am comparing their talent roster in 2020 with OU's. Theirs is definitively better. Theirs would have been definitively better than OU's this past season if Noi and Davis didn't leave.

With a depleted roster (because of transfers) and playing Diante Smith, PJ Fuller, Francisco Farabello heavy minutes (true freshman) they were 16-16 and 7-11 when the season ended. Their other two main contributors were true sophomores (Nembhard and Samuel). And that is with a 2 point loss in OT, a 2 point loss to USC, a 1 point loss to Texas, and a 2 point loss to Oklahoma at the buzzer. So 16-16 with 4 losses by a combined 7 points.

That is 2-3 games different than an OU team that had a RS Junior, and two all-conference forwards (junior and senior) leading the way.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #47
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Keep in mind we are talking about them in comparison to OU... I didn't say they are going to win the league, I just said they are better than OU. You say "oh they should win to prove their talent", but I am comparing their talent roster in 2020 with OU's. Theirs is definitively better. Theirs would have been definitively better than OU's this past season if Noi and Davis didn't leave.

With a depleted roster (because of transfers) and playing Diante Smith, PJ Fuller, Francisco Farabello heavy minutes (true freshman) they were 16-16 and 7-11 when the season ended. Their other two main contributors were true sophomores (Nembhard and Samuel). And that is with a 2 point loss in OT, a 2 point loss to USC, a 1 point loss to Texas, and a 2 point loss to Oklahoma at the buzzer. So 16-16 with 4 losses by a combined 7 points.

That is 2-3 games different than an OU team that had a RS Junior, and two all-conference forwards (junior and senior) leading the way.
Preseason has 6 Big12 teams in the top 40. OU is one of them, TCU is not. You say they are definitely better, but not one college basketball guy that has done preseason rankings agree with you.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #48
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Keep in mind we are talking about them in comparison to OU... I didn't say they are going to win the league, I just said they are better than OU. You say "oh they should win to prove their talent", but I am comparing their talent roster in 2020 with OU's. Theirs is definitively better. Theirs would have been definitively better than OU's this past season if Noi and Davis didn't leave.

With a depleted roster (because of transfers) and playing Diante Smith, PJ Fuller, Francisco Farabello heavy minutes (true freshman) they were 16-16 and 7-11 when the season ended. Their other two main contributors were true sophomores (Nembhard and Samuel). And that is with a 2 point loss in OT, a 2 point loss to USC, a 1 point loss to Texas, and a 2 point loss to Oklahoma at the buzzer. So 16-16 with 4 losses by a combined 7 points.

That is 2-3 games different than an OU team that had a RS Junior, and two all-conference forwards (junior and senior) leading the way.
Done forget OU had 3 more wins with a tougher schedule, won both meetings, have more returning starters.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:28 PM   #49
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,953
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Preseason has 6 Big12 teams in the top 40. OU is one of them, TCU is not. You say they are definitely better, but not one college basketball guy that has done preseason rankings agree with you.
I honestly don't know how OU could be one of them.

Do you?
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:33 PM   #50
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,185
Default Re: NCAA board does not recommend changes to transfer waiver process

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I honestly don't know how OU could be one of them.

Do you?
They were a top 35 team last year, have 7 of 9 returnees who played significant minutes, have an impact transfer coming.

You keep bringing up TCU’s youth but they had 3 seniors starting. I’ll take OU’s 3 freshmen last year over TCU’s 3.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com