ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 11-14-2017, 09:32 AM   #1
stormspencer
All-American

Default Michigan St/Duke , UK/KU

There will be a really good double-header tonight on ESPN. It will give us a chance to look at the "initial" cream of the crop.

And more importantly, the new college football playoff standings are supposed to be announced in between the games.....
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #2
Laxtothemax12
All-American

Default Re: Michigan St/Duke , UK/KU

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
There will be a really good double-header tonight on ESPN. It will give us a chance to look at the "initial" cream of the crop.

And more importantly, the new college football playoff standings are supposed to be announced in between the games.....
I was dead wrong about the team. I usually tend to be on the "world is ending" after each loss, but after watching us against Baylor and ISU I didn't think we would be 9-1 at this point. I'm glad that our offense has just been on fire and the defense played well last week. With our three top 11 wins (tOSU, OSU, TCU) we honestly could have an argument for #1 over a suspect bama team, if not at least top 2-3
Laxtothemax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
sperry
All-Conference

Think UK is going to have a major down year, and will get trounced by KU tonight. No returning guys (which most of the good Kentucky teams have), plus they don't even have the transcendent lottery pick talent guys on this team.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #4
stormspencer
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Think UK is going to have a major down year, and will get trounced by KU tonight. No returning guys (which most of the good Kentucky teams have), plus they don't even have the transcendent lottery pick talent guys on this team.
I saw they just snuck by Utah Valley in their opener....yikes! And I would never be upset to see Kentucky dropoff as long as they have their current head coach.

Last edited by stormspencer; 11-14-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
stormspencer
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxtothemax12 View Post
I was dead wrong about the team. I usually tend to be on the "world is ending" after each loss, but after watching us against Baylor and ISU I didn't think we would be 9-1 at this point. I'm glad that our offense has just been on fire and the defense played well last week. With our three top 11 wins (tOSU, OSU, TCU) we honestly could have an argument for #1 over a suspect bama team, if not at least top 2-3
If this team wins out, they are no worse than the #3. And if Bama and Miami lose before the season is over, they have a good shot at #1 if they win out. Who would've thought this a month ago?
Old 11-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
Soonerinkc
All-Conference

as much as I hate grayson allen the dude is good
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:46 PM   #7
coolm
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
as much as I hate grayson allen the dude is good
yeah he is and he didnt kick or punch anyone.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #8
pnkranger
All-Conference

Weird. Kansas has a top recruit held out of the game because he needs to clear up some things concerning the financials of a vehicle he was driving ... which was discovered after he was in a single car accident...
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:15 PM   #9
stormspencer
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxtothemax12 View Post
Clemson at 2 is beyond suspect. OU has arguably the best resume in the country and we don't have a loss to a 4-6 team. But it doesn't really matter at this point. This will serve as motivation to the team....keep winning baby!
Old 11-14-2017, 09:45 PM   #10
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Did dicky v just say the big 12 is the fifth best conference?

He needs to retire already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #11
hoopsaustin
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkranger View Post
Weird. Kansas has a top recruit held out of the game because he needs to clear up some things concerning the financials of a vehicle he was driving ... which was discovered after he was in a single car accident...
Color me shocked

Spangler dunking on "the piece of crap"
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #12
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Awkward sideline interview with calipari and Maria.

"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
Old 11-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #13
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

I really think this is the year Kansas is dethroned

-Romero Osby
Old 11-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #14
TheMont
Walk-on

They certainly look vulnerable -- they only have 8 scholarship players and they will really miss Frank Mason. However, I don't know that anyone in the Big 12 this year is strong enough to take them down. WVU looked very suspect in their first game. TCU? Probably not. Baylor? They still have Scott Drew.

I think we're a year away.
TheMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #15
Laxtothemax12
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
Clemson at 2 is beyond suspect. OU has arguably the best resume in the country and we don't have a loss to a 4-6 team. But it doesn't really matter at this point. This will serve as motivation to the team....keep winning baby!
Yeah I was pretty upset they had Clemson and Miami ahead of OU. NO ONE has three better wins than Oklahoma right now. No one.
Laxtothemax12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #16
WichitaSooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
I really think this is the year Kansas is dethroned

KU will win the league by at least a couple games this season. If you go back through the past 13 years, I'd bet at least eight of those years people have considered them vulnerable at some point. Then they end up winning the league by multiple games and earning a one or two seed. Hate to say it, but if they stay healthy, they will do it again.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #17
playmakr
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
Awkward sideline interview with calipari and Maria.

"I'm not one of your players"
playmakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #18
tmeyer3307
Walk-on

Calipari is such a joke! That was so weird and I don't think the reporter handled it very well either. She looked very upset and it just made it look worse.. Honestly I don't even know if Calipari knew he was doing that at first.
tmeyer3307 is offline   Reply With Quote