ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 01-15-2020, 08:24 PM   #26
gwydion
Walk-on

Default Re: WVU Game

You can watch a replay on the WVU website right now.
gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:31 PM   #27
MsProudSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
Thanks!

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:31 PM   #28
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Will a recording of this game be online anywhere?
It was streamed online at WVU for free. Now the archived game can be streamed there. I do not know if there is a time limit as to its availability but it can be streamed now. https://wvusports.com/watch/?Archive=10644&type=Archive

EDIT: Well while I was trying to get my computer to copy the link, (do not know why there was a problem),
my post became irrelevant. Sorry.

Last edited by womenssports; 01-15-2020 at 08:33 PM.
womenssports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:41 PM   #29
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Seems like this team is coming together better than anyone thought possible.

Maybe the coaching changes did help.

Happy for the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:20 PM   #30
euphguy
Starter

WOW!!! What has gotten into this team? I don't know, but I like it!
euphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:33 PM   #31
euphguy
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
Cheers, mate.
euphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #32
betterstill
Walk-on

How well did Scott play?
betterstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:50 PM   #33
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterstill View Post
How well did Scott play?
I thought Scott played really well. She still gets called for some questionable fouls. But she flashes a ton of athleticism and finishing around the basket. I don't think we will see her best until conference play next year due to her injury. I think she has the potential to be really special for us though. I almost wish she would have redshirted this year to get back completely in shape and confident.
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:03 PM   #34
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterstill View Post
How well did Scott play?
She provided some needed depth as Madi and Lampkin both had foul trouble and eventually fouled out. You can see Liz has athleticism and has a high ceiling...I thought she showed it particularly on a weak side block of a WVA shot. But you can also see she missing all the full speed practice in summer and preseason has put her behind on the nuances of help defense, defending with your feet and body not hands, etc. She just needs more time to learn.
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:43 PM   #35
atlantasooner
All-Conference

Great win. Shocking even due to the margin on the road.
Hopefully this trend continues and this team can find its' way to
a number of wins to make a tourney spot possible.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 10:54 PM   #36
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Another good defensive game and playing under control offensively with Ana on the bench. Hopefully will get the picture and she too will stop trying to do too much and play more under control. If so this team will be a lot better upon her return. If not who knows.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:18 AM   #37
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
Another good defensive game and playing under control offensively with Ana on the bench. Hopefully will get the picture and she too will stop trying to do too much and play more under control. If so this team will be a lot better upon her return. If not who knows.
When you look at the scoring, they definitely need her. I believe she will play better now that there is more help.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:02 AM   #38
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by womenssports View Post
When you look at the scoring, they definitely need her. I believe she will play better now that there is more help.
No doubt that an Ana under control and not taking bad shots makes this team infinitely more difficult to beat. She has all the tools. Just needs to maximize that skill set like one might expect/hope for a second semester junior with 64 games and 53 starts under her belt.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:53 AM   #39
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
No doubt that an Ana under control and not taking bad shots makes this team infinitely more difficult to beat. She has all the tools. Just needs to maximize that skill set like one might expect/hope for a second semester junior with 64 games and 53 starts under her belt.
I guess I did not say that well. What I meant was, when you are playing with a team that was playing the way OU was, I feel there was a good chance that Ana played the way she did because, she has been here before, i.e. last year.
When your teammates are playing better, then you not only do not overplay, and you also have a tendency to play better.

I realize that we may all have different opinions on why Ana was not playing within herself. I imagine there is more than one reason.

Anyway, don't mean this as an argument. Just attempting to be more clear about my post.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:55 AM   #40
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
Seems like this team is coming together better than anyone thought possible.

Maybe the coaching changes did help.

Happy for the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, Coach Coale gave credit to Colton for some second half changes in the OSU game. It had something to do with his noticing either something they were doing on defense or that we were doing on defense.

EDIT: And for whatever it means or doesn't, it seems during the game that he talks to Sherri and vice-versa. Seems like he talks to the players also.

NOT SAYING that the addition of Coquese and Jackie have not made a difference. Just pointing out some other obvious differences, which, again, I do not know the difference they do or do not make.
Also, Amanda may have bonded with some of the players and may be helping. IT would be nice to have access to practices and other info to know who is doing what and the difference each is or is not making.

Last edited by womenssports; 01-18-2020 at 07:02 AM.
womenssports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 08:02 AM   #41
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
I guess I did not say that well. What I meant was, when you are playing with a team that was playing the way OU was, I feel there was a good chance that Ana played the way she did because, she has been here before, i.e. last year.
When your teammates are playing better, then you not only do not overplay, and you also have a tendency to play better.

I realize that we may all have different opinions on why Ana was not playing within herself. I imagine there is more than one reason.

Anyway, don't mean this as an argument. Just attempting to be more clear about my post.
No reason to presume you were arguing. A different perspective is something we all have at times. In reality regarding whichever OU team all we have is an opinion that is of little value in the grand scheme of things. They are really good only for website chatter.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:48 AM   #42
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Quote:
Well, Coach Coale gave credit to Colton for some second half changes in the OSU game. It had something to do with his noticing either something they were doing on defense or that we were doing on defense.

EDIT: And for whatever it means or doesn't, it seems during the game that he talks to Sherri and vice-versa. Seems like he talks to the players also.

NOT SAYING that the addition of Coquese and Jackie have not made a difference. Just pointing out some other obvious differences, which, again, I do not know the difference they do or do not make.
Also, Amanda may have bonded with some of the players and may be helping. IT would be nice to have access to practices and other info to know who is doing what and the difference each is or is not making.
We all give Coale grief for hiring her son with no experience. However, I noticed WVU's coach has his son on staff, and I looked at his resume. His resume isn't much Bette than Coltons. Just thought it was interesting.
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:07 PM   #43
atlantasooner
All-Conference

OU's far from alone in the nepotism business. It seems to be all over hoops more so than any other sport.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:57 AM   #44
womenssports
Starter

Quote:
No reason to presume you were arguing. A different perspective is something we all have at times. In reality regarding whichever OU team all we have is an opinion that is of little value in the grand scheme of things. They are really good only for website chatter.
Exactly. Another statement that I wish I had added to my post.